Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Day
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
palmy50

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Draft Day Reply with quote

Hey guys. Just wanted to know what you guys will be doing on the days of the draft this year? Traditions, superstitions, food, ect.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I requested off this year for Friday (I work 8a-5p) just so I can spend the whole day reading reactions. I have softball the night of the draft, then I'm probably going to the a bootcamp gym session I signed up for from 8-9. Should be home in plenty of time for our pick though. I'm trying to detach myself a little bit from it.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: Draft Day Reply with quote

Chips, dips, bacon chili cheese fries, pizza, full packers gear, bad announcer's wig, 4-5 friends, big board, fully printed depth chart and roster for every team, draft order and trade value chart, board games.

Last edited by HyponGrey on Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
packattack86

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as how i work a 4/10 i'll be off Friday but thur i'll have to dvr the draft but i should be home within the top ten picks. Just some snacks and a six pack and i'll sit back and watch TT work his magic.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always have NFL network running, with my desktop right next to my TV streaming ESPN coverage. Then I have my laptop on my lap with an abundance of snacks surrounding me. I go back down to my Dad's house in South Florida so nobody sees me during this period as I look completely ridiculous surrounded by all the technology and snack foods. I make sure I'm the only one in the room, because I get irritable when people talk to me during the draft. I also make sure to get off on Thurs and Fri and also skip class on those days.

It's a weird time for me. Laughing . I basically just lock myself in solitude except FF for 3 days. I swear I'm not always a weirdo like this... Laughing. These are usually my 3 favorite days of the year. Smile
palmy50

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: Draft Day Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
Chips, dips, bacon chili cheese fries, pizza, full packers gear, bad announcer's wig, 4-5 friends, big board, fully printed depth chart and roster for every team, draft order and trade value chart, board games.

Shocked ..........recipe?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to put NFL network on the television in the garage and be semi productive. There are always projects that need to be worked on.

Funny... it's very similar to what I'm going to do this weekend with the Masters!

Not as devoted as all the draftniks on here, save my days off for getting outdoors.

Last edited by TheGreatZepp on Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Macc_Aviv

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might do Vegas this year since I have friends going and it's an easy drive. If not I'll probably try to find a Packers bar around LA.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: Draft Day Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:

The chili part is a secret family thing, but the rest is usually homemade seasoned curly fries, melted velveeta, and plain chopped up bacon. I buy a couple sacks of potatos, 3 packs of bacon, 2 blocks of velveeta, and 3-4 lbs of ground beef for the chili. We have a bottle of ranch on standby for me and another of my friends. Cook the chili the night before and crock pot it for the day, cut, season, and deep fry the spuds, chop and cook (If you fry, you'll want to chop second) the bacon, fondu the velveeta, and layer fries, chili, cheese, bacon. If you're using bagged fries, canned chili, and bagged cheese, you'll want to bake fries first, warm chili, layer in big pan (with cheese mingled in fries on bottom), and warm in oven on low.

The other guys sometimes bring stuff for wings or cheese steaks. We hold the approach, if you want it, bring the ingredients and make it for everybody. Kitchen can get real cluttered
blankman0021

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: Draft Day Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Hey guys. Just wanted to know what you guys will be doing on the days of the draft this year? Traditions, superstitions, food, ect.

Going to Madison to visit a good friend and talk football for a few days. Last year we went to Quaker Steak and Lube (a restaurant for those who don't know the chain). This year I'm sure we'll find a place to go also. Maybe back there again. We'll see.

Just some place that has multiple stations that cover the draft and will play the audio. (Not that you really need the TV last year with Schefty dropping the picks via twitter).

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
spilltray

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having a few guys over, I'm cooking, they're bringing the booze. I'm making a loaded potato salad, smoking a brisket, and making my own parmesan garlic buffalo sauce and breading and frying chicken strips. I might also do my battered, deep fried broccoli as well, it depends on how busy I am in the kitchen getting everything together. Yes, I have my own 2 basket deepfryer.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
blankman0021

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: Draft Day Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:

The chili part is a secret family thing, but the rest is usually homemade seasoned curly fries, melted velveeta, and plain chopped up bacon. I buy a couple sacks of potatos, 3 packs of bacon, 2 blocks of velveeta, and 3-4 lbs of ground beef for the chili. We have a bottle of ranch on standby for me and another of my friends. Cook the chili the night before and crock pot it for the day, cut, season, and deep fry the spuds, chop and cook (If you fry, you'll want to chop second) the bacon, fondu the velveeta, and layer fries, chili, cheese, bacon. If you're using bagged fries, canned chili, and bagged cheese, you'll want to bake fries first, warm chili, layer in big pan (with cheese mingled in fries on bottom), and warm in oven on low.

The other guys sometimes bring stuff for wings or cheese steaks. We hold the approach, if you want it, bring the ingredients and make it for everybody. Kitchen can get real cluttered

*drools a little* Are you accepting friend applications for this event? Wink

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
I'm having a few guys over, I'm cooking, they're bringing the booze. I'm making a loaded potato salad, smoking a brisket, and making my own parmesan garlic buffalo sauce and breading and frying chicken strips. I might also do my battered, deep fried broccoli as well, it depends on how busy I am in the kitchen getting everything together. Yes, I have my own 2 basket deepfryer.
Dang, I only have a one basket. Deep fried battered veggies are great, Broccoli, Carrots, and Zuchini are my personal favorites. You sir do it up right.
palmy50

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: Draft Day Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:

Yeah, that sounds good as hell. Might be about the most unhealthy thing on earth though..... Laughing

Would be better with the "secret family chili" recipe though....... Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: Draft Day Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:

Yeah, that sounds good as hell. Might be about the most unhealthy thing on earth though..... Laughing

Would be better with the "secret family chili" recipe though....... Crying or Very sad
LOL a heart attack in each bite. Can't help you on the recipe. Dad's from down south and it took me 21 years to pry that out of him. He told me I can't give it out til he's gone and can't be ashamed of me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: