Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My First 3 Rounds
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you be happy with the first three rounds?
yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
no
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
Okay not ecstatic
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

raiderslyfer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: My First 3 Rounds Reply with quote

Hey everybody I'm glad to see a football blog that actually captures the interest of real fans.....I'm currently going to school for nursing but still watch game film with the hopes of getting a dream job as a scout.....lol with that said here is how I would run this years draft for the first three rounds.

First I would trade the #3 pick to the Cards for the #7 pick and their second rounder. The Cards need a OT and I believe the big three will be gone by the time the Lions pick at #5.

With the #3 pick in the draft we select OG Alabama Chance Warmack..... I know a lot of you would be sour about this pick because Guards are not a premium and they cant make much o an impact by themselves and I get that. But we are a rebuilding team that can use talent on both sides of the ball not just defense and we are closer to fixing the offensive trenches than we are the defensive trenches. Warmack by all accounts is a top 3 prospect and he has the highest ceiling with the lowest floor of any prospect.

In the second round I continue to fix the oline and select OG Kentucky Larry Warford.... This guy is just as much as a beast as Warmack and Cooper just doesn't get the praise because he is from a smaller school and wont be picked in the first round because he is a OG. But any True Raiders fan knows our glory teams have always had dominate olines and I want to see this happen cause adding these two beast in the middle along with Veldheer and Lil Wiz makes our line top 7 in the NFL IMO and that's at the beginning of this season. They will get to grow together and become a formidable force that no front 7 can deal with. It gives RDMC and Flynn the best chance for success and if we suck the QB we take next year has a awesome line to come to.

With the 3rd round selection I hope for one of my favorite players to drop. DB NC State David Amerson. This dude is so underrated its ridiculous. If he came out a year early he would have been picked top 10 and at the beginning of the year they had him at top 5. Because of a average year he drops two rounds? I don't get it. Either way he's 6'3 200 pounds and a ball hawk. Can play FS also. He's at best when he can be aggressive.

I will add my last rounds later but tell me what you think......Oh and can one of my people make me a banner get at me.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the second pick. Definatley would not draft 2 OG's though in the first two rounds. We could get someone far better with the #7 pick we were to get if this trade happened.

I havnt watched enough of Amerson to say one way or another.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id be happy with Warmack, but the 2nd pick for me would be a DE or RT. We don't need 2 guards there is enough competition for RG.

Watson RT or Carradine DE in the 2nd.
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Id be happy with Warmack, but the 2nd pick for me would be a DE or RT. We don't need 2 guards there is enough competition for RG.

Watson RT or Carradine DE in the 2nd.

Wouldnt be surprised if Carradine is a top 20 pick. Sad

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
raiderslyfer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Warford is athletic enough to play RT in the power blocking scheme. Tank will definetly be gone in the first round. If he wasn't hurt he'd be top 15 pick.
G

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Warmack, then a C/G like Jones or Fredrick. I'd love Amerson even with the 2nd.
I think DT or DE at 7
Then C/G or DB in 2nd
DB in 3rd even if we got one earlier
If we had those 3 players I wouldn't be upset, I just think we need a G who could back-up Wiz.
macklemore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so if guards are not a premium and you can get Warford in the second round who in your own words is just as much a beast as Warmack, why the hell are you drafting Warmack in the top 10?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind this one bit if we had a plan in place for right end. We're in complete rebuild mode as it is so a foundation for our franchise being a stout dominant offensive line is fine by me.

S\O Palooka on the sig
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warmack is targeted to drop in the draft because of his position and system dependent (PBS). I wouldn't be surprised. Some are saying that Jonathan Cooper has actually passed Warmack on some GM boards that run a ZBS.

I have a hard time believing that Amerson will fall into the 3rd. Amerson might have to move to safety but even still being 6'2" and able to backpeddle is a big plus as he could play zone CB in many situations. In addition, very few DBs have Amerson's ball skills.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: My First 3 Rounds Reply with quote

raiderslyfer wrote:
First I would trade the #3 pick to the Cards for the #7 pick

raiderslyfer wrote:
With the #3 pick in the draft we select OG Alabama Chance Warmack

Cool.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
raidr4life

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: My First 3 Rounds Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
raiderslyfer wrote:
First I would trade the #3 pick to the Cards for the #7 pick

raiderslyfer wrote:
With the #3 pick in the draft we select OG Alabama Chance Warmack

Cool.
Laughing
raiderslyfer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Okay I messed up with the #3 pick stuff. But seriously.....when we are talking football I understand why others don't put a premium on OG. Me personally I believe in having a DOMINATE offensive line. Lets be realistic there is not one defensive player that we can take in the top 10 that is gonna magically turn our defense around. But if we have a dominate offensive line it helps the whole team including the defense. We are going to run the ball this year and with a dominate oline we can control the clock thus keeping a weak defense off the field. It doesn't matter how good a defense is if our offense is constantly pulling 3 and outs then we will see what has been happening to us for years.

For the people wanting defense heres my argument for each player besides Star Lotulelei.

Dee Milliner= you don't take a DB at 3 unless he is electrifying an has special teams ability ala Charles Woodson and Patrick Peterson.

Sharrif Floyd= We wouldn't be able to trade down and still get him, he was considered a 2nd rounder till a month ago, has short arms and highlight reel doesn't equate to combine numbers.

Dion Jordan= More of a linebacker and safety than DE......he would get absolutely used if he played DE fulltime.

Ezekiel Ansah= One of my favorite players in the draft has huge upside but not a automatic Homerun has HUGE BUST potential.......he can be Demarcus Ware he could be Vernon Gholston.

Mingo= Looks to much like Maybin so ill pass on him....huge first step burst but no power to play DE fulltime and not very good in coverage.

Sheldon Richardson= Dominated by the guy I picked in the 2nd round......look it up.

Everyone says Richardson or Floyd when I say Houston is a better 3 tech then them both
macklemore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

everyone believes in a dominant offensive line.

but the problem is you can find dominant guards later in the draft, specifically outside of the first round. you even said yourself you think warford is as much of a beast as warmack. so if you can get warmack like talent in the second round, why are you drafting him in the top 10? when you can't get ansah, richardson, milliner, floyd, jordan type talent in the second round.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand what your saying macklemore.....but we need homeruns this draft and warmack and warford are as close as it can get in the firdt two rounds. We thought we could get online late in the draft the past few years and it hasnt worked. I also think there is plenty of dline talent we could get later in this draft which youll see in my 4 thru 7 rounds
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
everyone believes in a dominant offensive line

The one team that actually put am emphasis on it recently was the 49ers. And look how well they are doing today.

So yea, everyone believes in a dominant offensive line, but very few teams put that extra emphasis on making it a top priority.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: