You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Madden 25 Saints Ratings
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Porter22


Joined: 13 Feb 2010
Posts: 3065
Location: Oldenburg, Germany
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Madden 25 Saints Ratings Reply with quote

Thought this might be worth some kind of discussion. EA put out the offensive ratings for Madden 25. Our best Players on offense:

Drew Brees 96
Jimmy Graham 96
Ben Grubbs 95
Jahri Evans 95
Brian de la Puente 91
Jed Collins 90
Marques Colston 90

Other notable Players who will increase IMO:

LT Charles Brown 74
WR Kenny Stills 66
WR Nick Toon 65

Both Stills and Toon will play a lot due to Morgans injury and if Brown stays healthy there is no doubt he will be much better than 74.

Ohh and by the way, Zack Strief is our best OT with a rating of 77. Laughing

Feel free to discuss this, I'll add the defense as soon as they publish it. You can download the full list here:

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news-updates-gameplay/article/madden-25-player-ratings-offense
_________________
NFL: New Orleans Saints
NCAAF: LSU Tigers
NBA: New Orleans Pelicans
Soccer: Werder Bremen
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SaintsBeast


Joined: 30 Oct 2009
Posts: 648
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol these ratings are so skewed. DLP is wedged in between the best guard tandem in the league. Jed Collins is a good player for a position that's dying out in the league, but he's not a 90. Also, Rodgers > Brees? No. Just no.
_________________

2012 Adopt-A-Saint:
Martez Wilson, DE: 1 Sack, 6 Tackles, 1 FF, 1 Punt Block
Will Smith, DE: 2 Sacks, 22 Tackles, 0 FF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FLOODx


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 6563
Location: New Orleans
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brees and Evans should be higher. De La Puente and Collins should be somewhere in the 80s. Stills and Toon will definitely go up.
_________________

mike23md on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
navysaintsfan


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 12116
Location: Frednecksburg, VA
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaintsBeast wrote:
Also, Rodgers > Brees? No. Just no.


FLOODx wrote:
Brees and Evans should be higher.


Gentlemen, you can take the homer shades off.
_________________

#BRINGBACKRITA #FIREPAYTON
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spartica4Real


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 8791
Location: Louisiana
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
SaintsBeast wrote:
Also, Rodgers > Brees? No. Just no.


FLOODx wrote:
Brees and Evans should be higher.


Gentlemen, you can take the homer shades off.


Rodgers is currently the best QB in the game.

But Brees > Peyton, Brady.

Career wise? Ehhhh maybe.

Right now? Give me Brees all day long and twice on Sundays; he is definitely better than Peyton and Brady currently.
_________________

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SaintsBeast


Joined: 30 Oct 2009
Posts: 648
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
navysaintsfan wrote:
SaintsBeast wrote:
Also, Rodgers > Brees? No. Just no.


FLOODx wrote:
Brees and Evans should be higher.


Gentlemen, you can take the homer shades off.


Rodgers is currently the best QB in the game.

But Brees > Peyton, Brady.

Career wise? Ehhhh maybe.

Right now? Give me Brees all day long and twice on Sundays; he is definitely better than Peyton and Brady currently.


NSF, what are homer shades?

Spartica, I'm not trying to start the best QB in the NFL debate. But you can make cases for each Brady, Manning (Peyton and Eli), Brees, and Rodgers.

Rodgers has the best overall receiving core, but almost no running game to speak of.
Brady has a slightly less talented receiving core, and even less of a running game. However, he still puts up better numbers than Rodgers.

So, Brady > Rodgers.

Eli Manning isn't exactly a GREAT QB. But he has a couple super bowl rings on his finger, and he's slain Brady twice in the big game.

So, Eli > Brady > Rodgers.

Brees is a nuerosurgeon with a football. He's had the best number of any of the QBs in this conversation, with a mostly-less-than-stellar running game. He does this consistently, despite the lack of a true deep threat or a defense, which the Packers, Patriots (until this upcoming year), and Giants all have.

So, Brees > Eli > Brady > Rodgers,.

Peyton and Brees are close, but the edge goes to Peyton. They both have a Super Bowl in their name. HOWEVER, Peyton has turned a team of playoff pretenders into Super Bowl contenders. Minus Jacoby Jones from the AFC Champ. game, and the Broncos are in the big game. And he did that with TWO good receivers. TWO.

So, Peyton > Brees > Eli > Brady > Rodgers.

Don't get me wrong, any of these 5 guys are QBs i would build a franchise around. I'm just putting MY argument out there. Anyone else?
_________________

2012 Adopt-A-Saint:
Martez Wilson, DE: 1 Sack, 6 Tackles, 1 FF, 1 Punt Block
Will Smith, DE: 2 Sacks, 22 Tackles, 0 FF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spartica4Real


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 8791
Location: Louisiana
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Eli ranked 3rd.

I meant that they have Peyton and Brady higher in the game, but Brees is better than both of them.

Currently no one is better than Rodgers.

Rodgers > Brees > Brady > Peyton
_________________

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
navysaintsfan


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 12116
Location: Frednecksburg, VA
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
lol Eli ranked 3rd.

I meant that they have Peyton and Brady higher in the game, but Brees is better than both of them.

Currently no one is better than Rodgers.

Rodgers > Brees > Brady > Peyton


Not even worth the debate bro Laughing His argument would get laughed out of any serious debate.
_________________

#BRINGBACKRITA #FIREPAYTON
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 29862
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh come on boys. Is this serious? Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers are definitely better than Brees, I agree the Brees has an argument over Peyton right now though. Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers though? No chance. Y'all are being homers.
_________________
RTR
#JDI
[quote="GFalcon"]go saints[/quote]
[quote="Texansfan713"]Go Pelicans![/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
domepatrol91


Moderator
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 7929
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaintsBeast wrote:
Brady has a slightly less talented receiving core, and even less of a running game. However, he still puts up better numbers than Rodgers.
What? His receiving corps is MUCH worse, not slightly. And Brady absolutely has a run game. The Patriots finished 7th in rushing yards and 1st in rushing touchdowns. Do your homework man. Sheesh. You can't just assume that because Brady is on the team, they don't run. Patriots run game is prominent in that offense.

Quote:
Eli Manning isn't exactly a GREAT QB. But he has a couple super bowl rings on his finger, and he's slain Brady twice in the big game.
I didn't realize Brady played defense. Brady and Eli have never been on the field at the same time so I don't know how you can claim Eli "slain" him. So far, your argument is being built on very weak or flatout incorrect claims. And you already admitted that Eli isn't great, so are you saying Brady and Rodgers aren't great either? What are they? Good?

Quote:
He's had the best number of any of the QBs in this conversation, with a mostly-less-than-stellar running game.
Huh? Touchdowns, yeah, but he also has more interceptions, he lead the league in picks last year, man. You're looking at bulk numbers when you should be looking at efficiency numbers. I'm not saying Brees is a bad QB. I love him an absolutely consider him elite but I wouldn't say he has the best numbers. Aaron Rodgers was sacked twice as many times as Brees (he lead the league in sacks) while we were complaining about how bad Brees protection was and he only threw 4 less TDs while throwing 11 less INTs. He also threw with a much better passer rating (higher efficiency), TD % and INT %. He also had a better overall better completion %, which is generally Brees' more impressive statistic.

Did you even look at the numbers? Or just guess? Sorry if it seems like I'm going off on you, but homerism this heavy makes all Saints fans look bad.

Quote:
Peyton and Brees are close, but the edge goes to Peyton. They both have a Super Bowl in their name. HOWEVER, Peyton has turned a team of playoff pretenders into Super Bowl contenders.
He took a playoff team and got them just as far into the playoffs as they were before with a QB who wont be on a roster in 2 weeks. His age is catching up to him.

IMO it's Rodgers > Brady > Brees = Peyton


Last edited by domepatrol91 on Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
domepatrol91


Moderator
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 7929
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Oh come on boys. Is this serious? Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers are definitely better than Brees, I agree the Brees has an argument over Peyton right now though. Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers though? No chance. Y'all are being homers.


THANK YOU!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spartica4Real


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 8791
Location: Louisiana
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Oh come on boys. Is this serious? Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers are definitely better than Brees, I agree the Brees has an argument over Peyton right now though. Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers though? No chance. Y'all are being homers.


Come on, I'm not even being a homer here, I'm one of the more objective people on this site on their team honestly. Tom Brady is the GOAT imo, but RIGHT NOW? I would take Brees over Brady. Brees is playing better than every QB in every stat except Rodgers who has Brees beat in completion percentage, INTs, pass rating, etc.

Rodgers will be the GOAT when he retires IMO, but saying Brees is better than Brady right now is not as outlandish as you make it sound.
_________________

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
domepatrol91


Moderator
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 7929
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Oh come on boys. Is this serious? Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers are definitely better than Brees, I agree the Brees has an argument over Peyton right now though. Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers though? No chance. Y'all are being homers.


Come on, I'm not even being a homer here, I'm one of the more objective people on this site on their team honestly. Tom Brady is the GOAT imo, but RIGHT NOW? I would take Brees over Brady. Brees is playing better than every QB in every stat except Rodgers who has Brees beat in completion percentage, INTs, pass rating, etc.

Rodgers will be the GOAT when he retires IMO, but saying Brees is better than Brady right now is not as outlandish as you make it sound.


Brady
38 TDs (34+4 rushing)
10 turnovers
4827 yards
63%

Brees
44 TDs (43+1 rushing)
24 turnovers
5177 yards
63%

Yeah, I'd take Brees throwing 6 less TDs and 350 less yards if it meant fumbling or throwing picks 14 less times, wouldn't you? You don't think those 14 turnovers Brady didn't commit don't make up the difference in yards and scores?

Look at it this way, if Brady was given 14 possessions beginning at random places on the field (because that's where interceptions happen, anywhere) do you think he could score 6 times and gain 350 yards?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spartica4Real


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 8791
Location: Louisiana
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Oh come on boys. Is this serious? Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers are definitely better than Brees, I agree the Brees has an argument over Peyton right now though. Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers though? No chance. Y'all are being homers.


Come on, I'm not even being a homer here, I'm one of the more objective people on this site on their team honestly. Tom Brady is the GOAT imo, but RIGHT NOW? I would take Brees over Brady. Brees is playing better than every QB in every stat except Rodgers who has Brees beat in completion percentage, INTs, pass rating, etc.

Rodgers will be the GOAT when he retires IMO, but saying Brees is better than Brady right now is not as outlandish as you make it sound.


Brady
38 TDs (34+4 rushing)
10 turnovers
4827 yards
63%

Brees
44 TDs (43+1 rushing)
24 turnovers
5177 yards
63%

Yeah, I'd take Brees throwing 6 less TDs and 350 less yards if it meant fumbling or throwing picks 14 less times, wouldn't you? You don't think those 14 turnovers Brady didn't commit don't make up the difference in yards and scores?

Look at it this way, if Brady was given 14 possessions beginning at random places on the field (because that's where interceptions happen, anywhere) do you think he could score 6 times and gain 350 yards?


That was also Brees' worst season he's had yet turnover wise, 2007 is close though.

I also don't know about you, but I'd rather Brees as my leader than Brady, Brady reminds me of a lesser Cutler in this regard, sometimes explodes on his teammates (as Randy Moss just said on Fox Football Daily), but Brees is a great leader, and a great man.

I can see the argument for Brady over Brees, but it is nowhere near as outlandish as you and Harper are making it sound.
_________________

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
domepatrol91


Moderator
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 7929
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
That was also Brees' worst season he's had yet turnover wise, 2007 is close though.
You specifically said Brees is better than Brady right now. Why would we use anything other than their most recent season to decide that?

Quote:
I also don't know about you, but I'd rather Brees as my leader than Brady, Brady reminds me of a lesser Cutler in this regard, sometimes explodes on his teammates (as Randy Moss just said on Fox Football Daily), but Brees is a great leader, and a great man.
Can you show me any time the Patriots have suffered because of Brady's attitude or leadership style/abilities? If you can't, than it's a moot point.

Brady also took a salary cut last season. Remember that? Brees held the Saints at gunpoint and squeezed every cent he could out of them. This was just weeks after he told Saints fans that he's not about the money and he's putting the team first. Remember that too? Your homer shades are really messing with your vision man. Brees is a great leader, but he's not quite as holy as you're making him out to be. Brady on the other hand proved that he puts the team first.

Quote:
I can see the argument for Brady over Brees, but it is nowhere near as outlandish as you and Harper are making it sound.
Turnovers are insanely detrimental to teams, and until Brees gets than number down, Brady is the better QB and it's really not that close.

I said it once and I'll say it again

Rodgers > Brady > Brees.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is in very small the minority.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group