Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1st overall pick...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rumless

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
At this point there is only a handful of top picks I'd be upset with, Floyd being one of them. I don't see the fascination with him personally, there is a Floyd in every draft.

Didn't Scott Pioli draft a Floyd in 2009, too?

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumless wrote:
samsel23 wrote:
At this point there is only a handful of top picks I'd be upset with, Floyd being one of them. I don't see the fascination with him personally, there is a Floyd in every draft.

No he drafted what would be the equivalent in this draft of Dee Milliner. A safe player with relatively limited upside.

Sharrif Floyd is about a 90% chance bust IMO. I appreciate his personal story, and he might just have something special between the ears (rib cage may be more accurate) that allows him to overcome his limitations to be a very good player. His ceiling might be a Tyson type of player.

^ryknowssd on the sig
samsel23

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumless wrote:
samsel23 wrote:

I don't get what your saying here? Are you agreeing or disagreeing?

Why are we going off of Pioli? Sure he drafted alright, but he never took a shot to drastically improve the team. Jackson turned out to be an adequate starter, but hasn't shown anything remotely close to being a stud. Which if I'm taking a 3-4 DL in the top 10 I want them to become one of the faces of their position. Thats part of the reason I think more people liked the Poe pick because he showed skills to dominate, just a matter of bringing those skills to the field.

"Safe Picks" are one of my biggest misconceptions about the NFL Draft, if you want a guy that has a high floor because he was coached up in college, what are you saying about YOUR coaches? Give me a guy that shows skills to dominate in the Top 10 and I'm going to trust that my coaches will bring those skills up to par with production. Sure you need some guys that will be solid players, but you dont want just a solid player when you're picking Top 10.

Back to the point though, Floyd just doesn't have any characteristics that make me say wow, you can find a Floyd in every draft if you wanted to.

Kenny Vacarro would be more comparable to T. Jackson in terms of this draft.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this stuff is exciting, but nerve racking at the same time. I thought about what it would take for Miami to move up to 1, and I think we'd obviously have to be willing to pay BA to make that move.

I think we could accept what I had in my mock, but let's be honest we would need more to drop back THAT far. To me, there has to be some serious consideration for moving back (as in there has to be SOME kind of offer) or we wouldn't be hearing about Floyd etc. I know it's smoke screen time, but the fact remains...much like the best stories, they have to be "slightly" believable, which means truth has to lie within...somewhere.

Props to Loto...the guy does great work
Piquel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
All this stuff is exciting, but nerve racking at the same time. I thought about what it would take for Miami to move up to 1, and I think we'd obviously have to be willing to pay BA to make that move.

I think we could accept what I had in my mock, but let's be honest we would need more to drop back THAT far. To me, there has to be some serious consideration for moving back (as in there has to be SOME kind of offer) or we wouldn't be hearing about Floyd etc. I know it's smoke screen time, but the fact remains...much like the best stories, they have to be "slightly" believable, which means truth has to lie within...somewhere.

On NFL network this morning Floyd said that Reid called and asked about his birthday, apparently there was conflicting reports about the year he was born.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I certainly hope that we found him to be too old for the number 1 pick.

Sam, I'm guessing Des/Rumless is agreeing. I think he's saying much like Tyson who is adequate and a good run stuffer, Floyd is just simply put nothing "special".

Of course, with Rumless I could be way off base. As far as him saying Pioli, I think it's just who drafted the guy.

Da_Zou13

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know how Floyd is a considered a top 10 pick. So many Dlineman are better than he is in this draft. Hes at best 3rd at DT behind Star and Richardson.

Props to LOTO on the sig.
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piquel wrote:
DT58_lives_on wrote:

On NFL network this morning Floyd said that Reid called and asked about his birthday, apparently there was conflicting reports about the year he was born.

I think it was Rapaport that tweeted that every team calls every player on their board a few days before the draft to make sure they have phone numbers right

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still with draft a QB. Its unpopular, but Alex Smith has some real miles on the tires.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an interesting rumor/combo/reading too deep in the smoke signals.

Imagine if we trade BA, but still trade back. I would guess that would fall under the holy smokes...jaw dropping shock!

skatebeanz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK so maybe I'm crazy but they showed the 'live' camera shot in KCs warroom and you can see a "ON" in the endzone that looks an awful lot like Oregon's endzone. That isn't a "report" or rumor. That was what the entire staff was watching. Could they be thinking Dion Jordan #1?

Sig bet
simonwayne

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
OK so maybe I'm crazy but they showed the 'live' camera shot in KCs warroom and you can see a "ON" in the endzone that looks an awful lot like Oregon's endzone. That isn't a "report" or rumor. That was what the entire staff was watching. Could they be thinking Dion Jordan #1?

If we don't trade Albert its a very realistic possibility. I have been thinking Jordan would be the 1st pick but all of this Albert trade talk has me thinking its going to be Fisher or Joeckel
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, I hope not. But at least it's a better pick than Floyd.

Diesel2692

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF BA were to sign long term today then he would be a distinct possibility but otherwise there is NO way I can see us taking any player other than Fisher or Joeckel #1 overall.
chiefs82

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol i dreamt last night we took Fisher #1 and draft Shwenke (sp?) #63 Tavon Austin...we then played the 87 Niners lol.

2013 Adopt-A-Chief: #82 Dwayne Bowe, WR
Rec:57/Yards:673/TD's:5/Avg per:11.8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: