Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1st overall pick...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheMonarch1110

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: 1st overall pick... Reply with quote

I'm trying to put together a mock draft before the draft in 2 weeks so I'm going to go around team by team and scope out how the fans are feeling about their teams pick.

So, basically, who do you take?
chiefs82

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Fisher
2) Jordan
3) Ziggy
3) Joeckel

2013 Adopt-A-Chief: #82 Dwayne Bowe, WR
Rec:57/Yards:673/TD's:5/Avg per:11.8
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're going to have a hard time getting a clear answer to this question in here. Lots of variables.

The sexy pick right now - TRADE DOWN!

If that isn't an option it depends largely on whether or not we move Albert. If we do, it's more than likely a LT Joeckl and Fisher are the top two in here.

If we can't move Albert, then there is a contingent that would like Ansah and a group who likes Star along with some who like Jordan.

I said all that to say this, if we stay and don't move Albert, I'm going with THE ANSAH!
TheMonarch1110

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the sake of ease, I'm going to do no trades. I was thinking that if the roster stays the same between now and the draft Fisher would be the better tackle prospect. I see him more likely to be able to transition to the right side if need be.

That being said, why use the #1 pick on a RT is my quandry with plugging him in there.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly, especially if we keep Albert (which it seems like you're saying we will) then I don't think it makes any sense to take a LT/RT first overall. We have Stephenson who should be able to play RT, Albert at LT, Schwartz as a back-up RT if something happened and the line got shuffled. I'm not saying we wouldn't draft a guy at some point, but if we're standing pat on our players, my vote is Star or Ansah. And because I'm leaning toward leaving Poe at NT Ansah makes more sense to me.
samsel23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMonarch1110 wrote:
For the sake of ease, I'm going to do no trades. I was thinking that if the roster stays the same between now and the draft Fisher would be the better tackle prospect. I see him more likely to be able to transition to the right side if need be.

That being said, why use the #1 pick on a RT is my quandry with plugging him in there.

That right there is why you'll find so kuch diversity in the pick.

Ansah
Star
Dion

For me at least.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually saw McShay talking today about how if Star was in a 34 he would be better at DE than the nose. For what it's worth. I didn't agree with much of what he was saying either though.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I saw the same thing. I find it really interesting that the draft pundits have such varying plans for Star.

I've seen a couple guys talk about how he's the perfect NT for us, while I've seen some say he would be a beast at DE lined up next to Poe. I think regardless if we take him, he'll rotate around the DL, much like Poe which might be the best possible thing for us.
simonwayne

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Between Jordan, Fisher, and Ansah for me. Would be happy with any of them. Funny how we have gotten barely any coverage from the media on who we are going to pick. In prior years they practically know who they are taking and talk about it a lot more than the coverage we have gotten. I think the media has spent more time talking about Deion Sanders/Leon Sandcastle than real potential options and fits for our team.
samsel23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Yeah I saw the same thing. I find it really interesting that the draft pundits have such varying plans for Star.

I've seen a couple guys talk about how he's the perfect NT for us, while I've seen some say he would be a beast at DE lined up next to Poe. I think regardless if we take him, he'll rotate around the DL, much like Poe which might be the best possible thing for us.

That was my plan in FFMD II. Thats alot of lbs and athleticism to distrupt the pocket. I'm perfectly fine with Ansah as long as he's able to maintain with additional weight.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i t know too much about the Chiefs, but where would players like Ziggy and Jordan fit in their lineup? They already have Tampa and Houstin. I think Star would be the best choice for them and think he would have been talked about as the most likely number 1 pick if he didnt have that whole heart scare during the combine.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:

If we took Star, I'd much rather just go nickel 90% of the time and put both inside. But then I've been preaching basically since we went 3-4 that it has consistently been a waste of space for us to line up 3 300+ pounders on the line.

Anywho, I say Ansah. Assuming no trades, Albert or first overall. Star still has some questions, IIRC, and Tamba won't be around too much longer, unfortunately.

Adopt-a-Chief: Brandon Flowers
45 Tackles, 1 sack, 1 Interception, 32 INT yards, 5 PDs
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMonarch1110 wrote:
i t know too much about the Chiefs, but where would players like Ziggy and Jordan fit in their lineup? They already have Tampa and Houstin. I think Star would be the best choice for them and think he would have been talked about as the most likely number 1 pick if he didnt have that whole heart scare during the combine.

It would be a luxury pick, admittedly, which is perhaps a bit silly at #1 overall, but the value is so much more present in those two. Star...just depends. I wouldn't be upset with him, personally. It is a difficult matter in our case of balancing talent with need. The best talent is not necessarily where we need it this year.

Adopt-a-Chief: Brandon Flowers
45 Tackles, 1 sack, 1 Interception, 32 INT yards, 5 PDs
Mongo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMonarch1110 wrote:
i t know too much about the Chiefs, but where would players like Ziggy and Jordan fit in their lineup? They already have Tampa and Houstin. I think Star would be the best choice for them and think he would have been talked about as the most likely number 1 pick if he didnít have that whole heart scare during the combine.

Jordan would be a no-so-long term replacement for Hali. I canít see the Chiefs going this way. Ziggy potentially provides more immediate impact as a sub for Tyson Jackson and a guy who could move inside in the nickel and dime and generate a pass rush with both Hali and Houston.

I can see you are leaning towards Star, as am I. The thought of he and Dontari Poe rotating all over and crushing the opponentís OL has me drooling. Two potential Haloti Ngatas on the field at once!

Unfortunately the BAF (Brendan Albert Factor) cannot be ignored. I believe that wonít be resolved until after the Chiefs pick, so thereís your decision. Do the Chiefs keep Branden Albert and draft someone else or do they take the BLTA (Best LT Available)?

My dream scenario is that someone develops serious love for Geno Smith and trades up at a discount. The Chiefs recoup an R2 this and next year. They keep Branden Albert and with their R1 pick can still get Star or Ziggy. Thatís asking a lot though. Not sure if any of that will happen.

Anyway, have fun with your mock. Post us a link so we can see which way you go.
simonwayne

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think our teams final 3 choices being considered for the 1st pick are Dion Jordan, Luke Joeckel, and Eric Fisher, and the way I see it is like this:

Safest pick = Luke Joeckel. If Albert walks we aren't screwed and Joeckel's floor is the highest out of anyone in this class.

Medium risk/medium reward = Eric Fisher. He could end up busting but his potential is also higher than Joeckels. If Albert stays healthy, and we have a winning season it would kind of suck to know we either spent the pick on a RT or drafted a replacement for a man who didn't need to be replaced. Basically the same situation as taking Joeckel except Fisher has more bust potential along with more all pro potential.

High risk/high reward = Dion Jordan. Albert stays, Jordan becomes a beast and in 1-3 years becomes the starter over Tamba, and Houston and Jordan beast it up for the next 7+ years. Downside is that Albert walks, we are banking on Stephenson being a solid LT, or also if Jordan is injury prone in the pros. (I really don't see him having production issues at all aside from if he can stay healthy and bulk up some)

Reid and Dorsey may feel like our roster is playoff worthy and go for the safe pick in Joeckel since we aren't as bad as our record would indicate and don't need to go for the big reward, risky type of pick. But for some reason I also feel like Dorsey would take the LB (Strikes me as a Green Bay-esque move, Dorsey also played LB in the NFL) and that Jordan's speed and athleticism is enticing to Reid and our defensive staff.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: