Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I think wR will be the pick at 14
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
in cam we trust

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: I think wR will be the pick at 14 Reply with quote

Other then steve smith the panthers have not had a true play maker at WR and if we want cam to keep getting better he needs a n other play maker smith is just getting older and we still have no replacement so WR needs to be the pick
Cypher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: I think wR will be the pick at 14 Reply with quote

in cam we trust wrote:
Other then steve smith the panthers have not had a true play maker at WR and if we want cam to keep getting better he needs a n other play maker smith is just getting older and we still have no replacement so WR needs to be the pick

That's all well and good, but the question becomes who? Austin is a career slot receiver. Patterson has tons of question marks. Allen is hurt and had that awful 40, but is probably the most polished. Hopkins is widely considered a reach at 14. I mean if it's me, i'm taking Hopkins and not feeling a bit bad about it. But who would you take?

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
BringinDaPain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: I think wR will be the pick at 14 Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
in cam we trust wrote:

That's all well and good, but the question becomes who? Austin is a career slot receiver. Patterson has tons of question marks. Allen is hurt and had that awful 40, but is probably the most polished. Hopkins is widely considered a reach at 14. I mean if it's me, i'm taking Hopkins and not feeling a bit bad about it. But who would you take?

I would have to go with Patterson and his question marks.

2011 OROY Winner - Cam Newton
2012 DROY Winner - Luke Kuechly
2013 DPOY Winner - Luke Kuechly
2014 OROY Watch - Kelvin Benjamin
in cam we trust

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopkins would be fine with me because you do not go from the best WR in college to a non factor in the nfl .but I pray the pick is tavon Austin and some media outlets have said the panthers are interested even if him can only play the slot I think he can have over 1200yds from the slot so he is my choice
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to get this feeling too. Patterson probably doesn't make it past us. Unless Star, Floyd (don't want him, but we'd pick him), Lane Johnson, or Vaccaro or there, I think WR will be it. Austin will probably be gone (though I think we'd prefer Patterson anyway), so Patterson would make the most sense there, worst case we trade back to 20ish and take Hopkins.
iknowcool

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want Austin simply because I'm not sure he fits well with Newton (I think it'd be better for Newton to have a receiver in the mold of Hakeem Nicks due to his tendency to throw high) but there is nothing wrong with being a career slot receiver. It's become a very valuable position as of late, beginning with Welker and continuing on with Cruz.

At the very least, I don't think he is any worse off than DeSean Jackson (granted Jackson plays more outside than Austin will) and I'd certainly welcome Jackson on the team.

It'll be interesting come draft day. There are so many directions we could go. I think Lane Johnson is the best tackle in the draft but he might not fall to us, even if two tackles go before us. If he did, I'd be nearly certain he's the pick. Right now, I think it is between Floyd (I don't want him either but I think he is the kind of DT that Rivera wants on his defense; I kind of think we'd pass on Star actually), wide receiver, or trade down unless Johnson falls.
catamount

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is no way we go WR in the first round if we draft at 14. He is this year's Darius Hayward-Bey, Stephen Hill, Troy Williamson, Ted Ginn...In my opinion.

Austin is a slot WR, but so is Steve Smith--he just won't play there.

All signs suggest that we trade down. If not, look for a DB or a lineman of some sort. I am guessing Warmack or Cooper if we stay there. Jessie Williams is my dark horse. Do not be surprised if we take a Trufant or Vaccaro.

WR at #1 is nearly foolish from my philosophy--for what that is worth. It is a crap shoot-- nobody knows. However, I see a safer pick than a 1-season wonder and a tiny speedster from a crazy offense.
Moody

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not that Austin can't be a good player it's that a player his size and ability isn't worth a top 20 pick.

I don't think the team has had much contact with Patterson which might be telling of their interest.
TROJANPANTHER

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moody wrote:
It's not that Austin can't be a good player it's that a player his size and ability isn't worth a top 20 pick.

I don't think the team has had much contact with Patterson which might be telling of their interest.

That's not necessarily true. Lots of players are surprised by the team that picks them.

Carolina Kitten - Sig God.

NFL - Panthers
College - USC, UNM
Moody

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TROJANPANTHER wrote:
Moody wrote:

That's not necessarily true. Lots of players are surprised by the team that picks them.

Yes, and attention could be a smokescreen. Either way, I expect the FO to do a thorough job analyzing and meeting with players.

We need polished talent rather than raw talent.
We've paid a lot of attention to Allen and Hopkins. I'd rather stay away from the injured guys. I like Hopkins consistency through college and his improvement every year. I'm very weary of Patterson's lack of experience as well as the body catching.
wolf7373

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not advocating for this pick, but if the Panthers hypothetically wanted to add an offensive weapon, I don't see why they wouldn't go with Tyler Eifert. I like a player that plays closer to the ball because they have higher impact in the game. Eifert can help with protection and forces teams to really focus on covering the middle of the field. With Olsen on the other side and Smitty split out wide that would be a lot to handle if a team was ill-equipped to defend that. I'd rather gamble on Da'Rick Rogers opposed to Cordarelle Patterson and they could get a guy like Rogers in the 4th.
atown703

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite WR out of this draft has to be Justin Hunter from Tennessee. He ran a 4.36 and he's 6'4. I'd also be happy with Corey Fuller or Ryan Swope

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atown703 wrote:
My favorite WR out of this draft has to be Justin Hunter from Tennessee. He ran a 4.36 and he's 6'4. I'd also be happy with Corey Fuller or Ryan Swope

Hunter drops balls like it's going out of style.

Carolina Kitten - Sig God.

NFL - Panthers
College - USC, UNM
PantherDE90

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WR shouldn't be the pick unless some team in the 20s trades up to 14. There's many other players I'd rather have. I have a feeling Vacarro will be there so if all else fails Vaccarro is the way to go.

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
ericr0319

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at this point it is WR or DT, i would trade down into the mid 20s and grab Hopkins and try to gain another 2nd rounder. then got two DTs in the 2nd, or DT and a CB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: