Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Teams considering signing SD WR Alexander to offer sheet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Teams considering signing SD WR Alexander to offer sheet Reply with quote

Quote:
A few teams are still mulling decision on RFA WR Danario Alexander. Feeling is Chargers would match anything reasonable. Browns are a team to keep an eye on.

https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/322115745452544001

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/lhafq4

The Browns apparently the team mostly in play for WR Danario Alexander.

The Chargers gave Alexander the low level tender and he since he went undrafted, the Chargers won't get any compensation if a team signed him to an offer sheet.

Tom Brady Tribute
Wilkieray

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as we match their offer we will be good. I don't think that we can let Alexander walk. Brown, Floyd, Meachum and Royal would not be the worst thing ever but we need a playmaker. Until Brown shows that he can do that consistantly (which may happen this year), I think we still have to keep Alexander around.
Wilkieray

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct me if I'm wrong but since the 19th deadline has passed and nobody took a shot at Alexander he will be playing on the Chargers this year. Unless of course we cut him or he decides to sit out the year, neither of which are likely. That is a big relief in my mind and allows us to concentrate on our needs in the draft. That gives us a year to see if Brown will step up and be a #1 or if we will need to take a WR early next year.
Neutral

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilkieray wrote:
That is a big relief in my mind and allows us to concentrate on our needs in the draft.

I agree about it being a big relief, but for a different reason. They no longer have to guard the remaining cap space, so they can finally spend on one of the veteran right tackles. But, would it be better to wait until after the draft to do so? Waiting means losing the leverage of the draft, but it also means a diminished market for the player...
kramxel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a bold move by Telesco, and evidently he nailed it!

Props to him!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: