Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rashad Jennings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember picking him up in fantasy when MJD went down, and was veeeeery disappointed. What are his strengths/weaknesses?

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
Oh man, remember back in 2010 when he had that comedic run on our defense? Crying or Very sad

yeah.....DMC's best game was just killed when he took the screen pass and just made made our defense look peewee...
I love the signing.

If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
HvacRaider

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good pick up to have sitting behind DMC
He can run the rock with some authority,
And I think he can be like mike bush for us but with
A lil more power
GJT1347

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodson is younger, better all around RB than Jennings, but Jennings will fit our "cheap, 1 year stop gap" theme that we have going on this year.

Props to Palooka ^
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Like I said in an earlier thread, I'm kind of wary of a guy that only put up 944 yards in three full seasons and is already 28 years old. But in the name of competition I guess I'll have to take a wait and see attitude. At 6-1, 234 he sure is a big back.

Dude he's MJD's backup how much yardage did you expect him to get? When he plays, he's productive. Would be a great signing by Reggie if Rashad became a Raider.

I know and you are probably right. But I'm still leery until I see it in person with my own eyes.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Big Rob

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid back up, yet another hole filled pre-draft...keep at it, Reg!
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He can be the number 1 assuming McFadden goes down again which is rather logical to think. I really like this signing. No need for a RB in the draft anymore. Not to say we won't get one but there's no need.

PM sig requests.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with most of these Jags fans. Not to mention his ability in the passing game.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=519976
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
He can be the number 1 assuming McFadden goes down again which is rather logical to think. I really like this signing. No need for a RB in the draft anymore. Not to say we won't get one but there's no need.

This is pretty true unless someone special drops to you in the 2nd or 3rd.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

I would even go further than that and say 5th and 6th but it's all opinion.

PM sig requests.
101Raider

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

Outside of needing a definitive pass rusher, I like how we can literaly draft BPA each and every round. As to RBs I mean if someone like Franklin or Bernard (not likely) are there in the 3rd we could pull the trigger. Love the fact that we are going into the draft this way
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Like I said in an earlier thread, I'm kind of wary of a guy that only put up 944 yards in three full seasons and is already 28 years old. But in the name of competition I guess I'll have to take a wait and see attitude. At 6-1, 234 he sure is a big back.

Dude he's MJD's backup how much yardage did you expect him to get? When he plays, he's productive. Would be a great signing by Reggie if Rashad became a Raider.

I know and you are probably right. But I'm still leery until I see it in person with my own eyes.

When using just stats to judge a RB's ability you can't just look at total yards, you need to look at YPC, too. Total yards are affected by how many carries they get, and sitting behind a guy like MJD, you likely won't get many. YPC shows what they did with their carries, regardless of how many they got. you can have a guy get 1000 a year, but if he only had 3.5 YPC then he wasnt very good. With that said, last year he looked bad but he had over 5 YPC in both 2009 and 2010.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
oak42069

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

101Raider wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

Outside of needing a definitive pass rusher, I like how we can literaly draft BPA each and every round. As to RBs I mean if someone like Franklin or Bernard (not likely) are there in the 3rd we could pull the trigger. Love the fact that we are going into the draft this way

no way we draft a rb in the 2nd or 3rd. first off we dont have a 2nd round pick as of now. if there is an rb on the board who is just not passable in late rounds then we pull the trigger. there will be pass rushers, cbs, safeties, o linemen that are all a greater need. if we had a 2nd rounder would love to grab kyle long to beef up the oline unless he falls to the 3rd. lots of good prospects so we need to hit big
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oak42069 wrote:
101Raider wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

no way we draft a rb in the 2nd or 3rd. first off we dont have a 2nd round pick as of now. if there is an rb on the board who is just not passable in late rounds then we pull the trigger. there will be pass rushers, cbs, safeties, o linemen that are all a greater need. if we had a 2nd rounder would love to grab kyle long to beef up the oline unless he falls to the 3rd. lots of good prospects so we need to hit big
If we had a 2nd and were using it on a lineman, Warford would have to be the pick. And definatley over Long.
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hes had some decent runs and some solid overall games. But on the whole I dont think hes very good. Dont hate the signing, let him compete, but I would rather Reece get more touches.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: