Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packer you "dislike" most on our team
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pugger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McThreadski wrote:
Hee-Hawk for me. Dude is a turtle that racks up tackling stats because he is always the last guy there, ten yards too late. I would have cut bait with him over the off-season.

Otherwise, I would say Tramon. He just isn't the same player he was three years ago and I would rather let him go and focus on the young guys when you consider that contract.

I'm hoping Tramon's shoulder is better and he plays more like he did in 2010 going forward. With Woodson gone we might need a veteran presence back there.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
I'm hoping Tramon's shoulder is better and he plays more like he did in 2010 going forward. With Woodson gone we might need a veteran presence back there.

That's an 8.5 million bet I'd rather not make. I really wish we did more player trades because I would ship his arse off to Tampa Bay for a late round pick in a heartbeat.
spilltray

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
Pugger wrote:

That's an 8.5 million bet I'd rather not make. I really wish we did more player trades because I would ship his arse off to Tampa Bay for a late round pick in a heartbeat.

And I'm really glad fans don't make that decision. Even if their salaries are a bit high, guys like Tramon and Hawk add a good bit to the team. Tramon even had a few pretty good games this year covering guys like Brandon Marshall and Calvin Johnson. In his case in particular, people are getting on him for his lack of physicality in run support more than anything.

Most fans would ship both of them off for late round picks, but the Packers are better with them on the roster than with that late pick.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pugger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:
Pugger wrote:

And I'm really glad fans don't make that decision. Even if their salaries are a bit high, guys like Tramon and Hawk add a good bit to the team. Tramon even had a few pretty good games this year covering guys like Brandon Marshall and Calvin Johnson. In his case in particular, people are getting on him for his lack of physicality in run support more than anything.

Most fans would ship both of them off for late round picks, but the Packers are better with them on the roster than with that late pick.

Let's wait and see if he returns to his 2010 form before we ship him off to who knows where.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
spilltray wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:
Pugger wrote:

Let's wait and see if he returns to his 2010 form before we ship him off to who knows where.
Forever banished to JAX?
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
Tramon even had a few pretty good games this year covering guys like Brandon Marshall and Calvin Johnson. In his case in particular, people are getting on him for his lack of physicality in run support more than anything.

Slowpoke lost it down the stretch. You look at the last 2 games he played and he was gutter trash. Only a blind man would defend his play down the stretch last year. I would say that he did fairly well against Brandon Marshall, but that's more or less because Capers let him loose and put a Safety over him knowing that Marshall was their only legitimate receiving target, at least at the time. Plus, I seem to remember Marshall using one arm to put Slowpoke on the ground very easily while in-stride.

I sense sarcasm when you reference his match-up against Calvin Johnson. 11 catches for 145 yards and a TD is not good, nor is 10 catches for 118 yards. That's with CJ quitting on routes in game 2 as well because we had 2 or 3 guys matched up against him and Stafford was running for his life.

I just find it embarrassing as a die-hard Packer fan, that we as a group of fans are so infatuated with a player who had ONE good year with an All-Pro Safety behind him and a DPOY on the other side of the field. I find it embarrassing that people cannot realize that Slowpoke is a shell of his former self given the permanent damage from that shoulder injury and worse off, nobody points out that he's manned up off-the-field by his extreme self-criticism and taking a lot of the blame for his play and subsequently the team's play. It's a bitter pill for many of you to swallow, but it's been 2 years since his golden year and he's been a liability ever since the shoulder injury. Time to cut the cord. We're having an apparent youth movement in the secondary and he just doesn't fit in. Move on folks...
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="NCPackFanSlowpoke lost it down the stretch. You look at the last 2 games he played and he was gutter trash. Only a blind man would defend his play down the stretch last year. I would say that he did fairly well against Brandon Marshall, but that's more or less because Capers let him loose and put a Safety over him knowing that Marshall was their only legitimate receiving target, at least at the time. Plus, I seem to remember Marshall using one arm to put Slowpoke on the ground very easily while in-stride.
[/quote]

Remember better, that was Hayward.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hayward was playing against CJ? I certainly don't remember that. I do remember everyone clamoring about how good Slowpoke played against CJ in game 2 if that's what you're talking about.
spilltray

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quit it with the "Slowpoke". It isn't cool and just makes you look like a bitter a hole. Tramon isn't slow. It's not one of the problems with his game. As a coverage guy even, he was in the plus on grades all year. Yes his lack of physicality in the run game leaves something to be desired, and that showed itself repeatedly down the stretch, but his coverage remained solid to good all season.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PackersGuy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VIC Ketchmen!!!

Hate the smug azz hole
incognito_man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackersGuy wrote:
VIC Ketchmen!!!

Hate the smug azz hole

/thread
Ketchup

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
Quit it with the "Slowpoke". It isn't cool and just makes you look like a bitter a hole. Tramon isn't slow. It's not one of the problems with his game. As a coverage guy even, he was in the plus on grades all year. Yes his lack of physicality in the run game leaves something to be desired, and that showed itself repeatedly down the stretch, but his coverage remained solid to good all season.
Tray is not slow. I don't even know why someone would give a guy that runs a 4.4 forty a slowpoke. Just stupid.

Kempes on the custom sig!
spilltray

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
spilltray wrote:
Tray is not slow. I don't even know why someone would give a guy that runs a 4.4 forty a slowpoke. Just stupid.

Yeah call him Cupcake, or Marshmallow, or something, ok, I get it, now you have reason, I still think it's lame, but at least it's accurate. Slowpoke just doesn't even make sense. Whatever his faults, Tramon isn't slow.
Dubyajay

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
spilltray wrote:

Yeah call him Cupcake, or Marshmallow, or something, ok, I get it, now you have reason, I still think it's lame, but at least it's accurate. Slowpoke just doesn't even make sense. Whatever his faults, Tramon isn't slow.

But I won't be relevant if, if...
Dunderhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a big fan of Tramon and think he got that contract kinda too quick and wasn't very proven (but the coaches and GM did see him everyday in practice).

Right now as it stands I don't think his worth is over 3 mil a yr, so we're definitely overpaying for his services. I understand a lot of his problems are probably related to his injury, but his lack of physicality disgusts me to watch and even think about. The problem is that seems mental and I dunno if that ever "heals"?

But these comments about his speed? What the heck? Slowpoke? Huh? I'm lost... When folks do that they marginalize real critiques and problems astute posters make. When they use a term so flippantly and foolishly it really it sours the discussion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: