Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packer you "dislike" most on our team
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
Considering all the quick, diminutive RB I keep seeing mocked to us, people either hate Harris, or forgot he exists.

Hard to rely on a small sample size. His size scares some too.
If his size scares you, then why draft a guy just as small, if not smaller? Cool

Smaller RBs that can be that sort of "3rd down" RB aren't as bad. Harris really doesn't offer much of anything in the passing game AND is small. It's 2 strikes, not 1.
Harris has just never been used in the passing game because of his talent as a pure runner. We already have Green for catching and 3rd down, Harris is here to be fast as a change of pace back. If we're gonna get a back, I'd rather it be a lead back, or at least somebody with size, not another shrimp that we have to use in a supplementary role. I'm not big on backs that need space in order to work at the moment either.

Last edited by HyponGrey on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total
blankman0021

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
Considering all the quick, diminutive RB I keep seeing mocked to us, people either hate Harris, or forgot he exists.

If his size scares you, then why draft a guy just as small, if not smaller? Cool

Smaller RBs that can be that sort of "3rd down" RB aren't as bad. Harris really doesn't offer much of anything in the passing game AND is small. It's 2 strikes, not 1.

So far. If he's smart at all he's been studying blitz pickup and working on his hands all offseason. I won't count on us drafting a RB, to be honest I think drafting a DE/NT is more likely with how many on our team are leaving after next year. 2015 could be the year of the comp pick.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
palmy50

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not say I "dislike" any of them. Finley sure can drive a cat like me crazy quick though. Felt the same way about James Jones not so long ago. Maybe Finley will come around also... Pray

I just get a little crazy when I see a player with HOF ability that's OK with just being very good. This is true for me no matter the talent level. But it sure gets to me more when it's a special talent. Guys that are special talents at the pro level are the ones ya want to tell your kids kids about. Kinda feel like I missed out when those guys don't play up to their ability. Know what I mean?

That might sound crazy now that I read it. Just the way I see it, I guess.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post 09 season Tramon. I bought his jersey after the Eagles playoff game. My ex has it and I don't want it back. I went back for my blender but not my Tramon Williams jersey.
palmy50

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MetalheadMedic wrote:
Post 09 season Tramon. I bought his jersey after the Eagles playoff game. My ex has it and I don't want it back. I went back for my blender but not my Tramon Williams jersey.

Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
I would not say I "dislike" any of them. Finley sure can drive a cat like me crazy quick though. Felt the same way about James Jones not so long ago. Maybe Finley will come around also... Pray

I just get a little crazy when I see a player with HOF ability that's OK with just being very good. This is true for me no matter the talent level. But it sure gets to me more when it's a special talent. Guys that are special talents at the pro level are the ones ya want to tell your kids kids about. Kinda feel like I missed out when those guys don't play up to their ability. Know what I mean?

That might sound crazy now that I read it. Just the way I see it, I guess.

I get that. A player with immense talent, you almost feel like they are obligated to play to their potential, because otherwise it would be an extraordinary waste. It's so much more disappointing.
Frank-O

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
spilltray wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:

Harris has just never been used in the passing game because of his talent as a pure runner. We already have Green for catching and 3rd down, Harris is here to be fast as a change of pace back. If we're gonna get a back, I'd rather it be a lead back, or at least somebody with size, not another shrimp that we have to use in a supplementary role. I'm not big on backs that need space in order to work at the moment either.

Dujuan Harris is 5'9 208lbs
Ray Rice is 5'8 212lbs
MJD is 5'7 208lbs

Harris may be small but he is compact, explosive and elusive, and no, I'm not saying he's on Rice's or MJD's level.. I think he fits in our offense perfectly for what we do. He's easily our best overall back when comparing to Starks and Green. I'm really excited to watch this guy this upcoming season!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like people with hyphenated names.
I don't like people who live on Facebook or Twitter
I don't like people who demand attention
I don't like people who always get injured

Put the names to that list:
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:

So you don't like:
Evan Dietrich-Smith
Jerel Worthy, Randall Cobb, Casey Hayward, Josh Sitton, TJ Lang
Tramon Williams
Alex Green, Jerel Worthy, Nick Perry, Bryan Bulaga, Desmond Bishop, Jordy Nelson, Tramon Williams, Derek Sherrod and James Starks.

Did I get them right?
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really do not care whether other fans like players or not. I just hope they perform above standards while they wear Green and Gold. If they do not, I am disappointed but I do not hate them, I still pull for that player to rise to the occasion on the next opportunity. When they leave Titletown, I hope they never see success on a football field again, especially against the Pack. Just how I roll.
BrettFavre004

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MD Jennings

Don't even care if he is gone. Erik Walden.

Starting to hate Matthews' hamstrings.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=17
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:

So you don't like:
Evan Dietrich-Smith
Tramon Williams
Alex Green, Jerel Worthy, Nick Perry, Bryan Bulaga, Desmond Bishop, Jordy Nelson, Tramon Williams, Derek Sherrod and James Starks.

Did I get them right?
Until you got to that injury part of the list. Guys get injured once and are instantly in the doghouse?
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:

So you don't like:
Evan Dietrich-Smith
Tramon Williams

Did I get them right?
Until you got to that injury part of the list. Guys get injured once and are instantly in the doghouse?

Did I even hint that if a player gets injured once or even once in awhile that he is on my list = no I didn't. The hyphenated name comment wasn't about Evan D-S it was more of a comment on hyphenated names in general. My Facebook and Twitter comment was, of course, more aimed at Finley and even relatives of Greg Jennings (Finley is very annoying). I just find "tweets" in general incredibly annoying. The injury comment is, yes, slightly directed at Alex Green, definitely directed at Derrick Sherrod though I get that his major injury was not his fault and his slow recovery hopefully is not his fault. Nick, Bryan, Jordy, and Tramon don't have chronic injury histories. James Starks is totally annoying with his injury history.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:

So you don't like:
Evan Dietrich-Smith
Tramon Williams

Did I get them right?
Hey, this isn't my list, just trying to think of injured Packer players.
spilltray

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, it's Finley, and there really aren't even any close contenders. I hate people who run their mouth. I'll ignore it if they can back up their talk, but Finley runs his mouth like he thinks he is the greatest TE in the league, and doesn't even end up performing at a high level. He has the athletic skills to be a high end TE, and talks like he thinks he IS a high end TE, gets paid like he is one of the best of the league, and on an overall basis, he is nothing more than average, at best.

I just don't have patience for any of that.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: