Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Marcus Lattimore

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gridirongorilla

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Marcus Lattimore Reply with quote

I'm curious what the consesus is on him here in the forum.

Obviously there are a lot of parallels to Frank Gore in regards to the injury situation. I can see him (Lattimore) going earlier than a lot of people have been saying (4thish round) based on how Frankie has panned out. And as we all know Frank went with the first pick in the 3rd.

Any insight would be appreicated.
Forge

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've seen, the prospect of drafting him is well regarded around here. Personally I love the idea of drafting him at the right price. Rd 4 seems to be the magic number for me, even if we have to trade up in the rd a little to get him. I wouldn't hate the pick if we snatched him up at the end of the third. I think his talent far surpasses the risk involved at that stage, and our depth gives him the opportunity to fully heal and we suffer no detriment as a team

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it would be a perfect situation for us.
we dont have many spots on our roster... we get the best back in the draft put him on pup or whatever and let him heal fully. this allows him to not count towards our 53

i like him in the third. but also it depends on how much the staff believes in hampton

new sig... sorry alex
rudyZ

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
From what I've seen, the prospect of drafting him is well regarded around here. Personally I love the idea of drafting him at the right price. Rd 4 seems to be the magic number for me, even if we have to trade up in the rd a little to get him. I wouldn't hate the pick if we snatched him up at the end of the third. I think his talent far surpasses the risk involved at that stage, and our depth gives him the opportunity to fully heal and we suffer no detriment as a team

The problem with that, it's that I'm pretty sure the prospect of drafting him is well regarded everywhere around the league. Round 4? Even if he misses time, it's easy to find a guy like that a roster spot. Even easier if he's truly not really to go and ends up on IR. We had Hampton on the 53 man roster for a good portion of the year and it wasn't a problem for us. So, any team that wants him can keep him on the roster, that's not much of a stretch.

I like the idea of getting him, but it appears like a virtual certainty than a good number of teams will like that idea ahead of us. If there's any type of run on HBs in the second or third, I wouldn't be surprised if a team ended up snatching him up then. The likelihood that we are that team seems very small, in my opinion.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Marcus Lattimore Reply with quote

gridirongorilla wrote:
I'm curious what the consesus is on him here in the forum.

Obviously there are a lot of parallels to Frank Gore in regards to the injury situation. I can see him (Lattimore) going earlier than a lot of people have been saying (4thish round) based on how Frankie has panned out. And as we all know Frank went with the first pick in the 3rd.

Any insight would be appreicated.

I know there has been talk that he might be an IR candidate in 2013.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
Forge

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Forge wrote:

The problem with that, it's that I'm pretty sure the prospect of drafting him is well regarded everywhere around the league. Round 4? Even if he misses time, it's easy to find a guy like that a roster spot. Even easier if he's truly not really to go and ends up on IR. We had Hampton on the 53 man roster for a good portion of the year and it wasn't a problem for us. So, any team that wants him can keep him on the roster, that's not much of a stretch.

I like the idea of getting him, but it appears like a virtual certainty than a good number of teams will like that idea ahead of us. If there's any type of run on HBs in the second or third, I wouldn't be surprised if a team ended up snatching him up then. The likelihood that we are that team seems very small, in my opinion.

i can appreciate that, and honestly, my feeling is, if they want to do that then they are welcome to him. he's got talent, but injury issues. 4 is my magic number, but i'm not opposed to the third, as I said. with our offensive line, i really don't feel like we need to have a stud running back anyway, so if some team wants to burn a second on him, go right ahead. running back is possibly the easiest position for a rookie to transition to, and it's one of the positions easiest to find future studs late in the draft. His talent is prodigious, no doubt about that, but I think the value for us dissipates if we go earlier in the third up to the second round. we have a good corps of running backs as is, if we wanted to go running back later in the draft, and ended up with someone like Michael in the fifth or sixth instead, I'd be happy with that as well. Taylor in the 4th or 5th would suit me just fine as well. I guess what i'm saying is, yes, a lot of people around here like the idea of drafting him, but he's far from the only bargain running back we can get in the middle and later stages of the draft, so whether we get him or not is hardly make or break for me. With as much talent as he has, he still falls victim to the "value chart"

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
big9erfan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Forge wrote:

Exactly. I keep seeing him as about a 4th round pick for us in so many mocks here, as if he was such a steal at that point that we just have to take him there. But if it is so clear that he is a "steal" at that point than everyone else will see that too and he won't be there.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Forge wrote:

Exactly. I keep seeing him as about a 4th round pick for us in so many mocks here, as if he was such a steal at that point that we just have to take him there. But if it is so clear that he is a "steal" at that point than everyone else will see that too and he won't be there.

I wouldn't be surprised if some team pulled a Willis McGahee and drafted him much earlier than expected. If he's more talented than other RBs "ahead" of him, one team might take him and be patient with him. So while mockers have had him anywhere from the 3rd to the 5th because of the injury, I wouldn't even be surprised if he was taken in the second, not too far behind Eddie Lacy. It takes only one team believing in him.

So, all the mocks, on every team's forum, all having Lattimore in the 5th and Tyrann Mathieu in the 4th... come on, people. These two can't be split into 32 (if so, I'd take Mathieu's left big toe and Lattimore's right pinky). Mockers seems to confuse projections with wishful thinking. That's what happens when people projects only their team's picks. Try doing an all 32 teams mock draft, and then you'll realize the chances we get Lattimore or Mathieu are much much slimmer than these personalized and wishful mocks show.

y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Forge wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if some team pulled a Willis McGahee and drafted him much earlier than expected. If he's more talented than other RBs "ahead" of him, one team might take him and be patient with him. So while mockers have had him anywhere from the 3rd to the 5th because of the injury, I wouldn't even be surprised if he was taken in the second, not too far behind Eddie Lacy. It takes only one team believing in him.

So, all the mocks, on every team's forum, all having Lattimore in the 5th and Tyrann Mathieu in the 4th... come on, people. These two can't be split into 32 (if so, I'd take Mathieu's left big toe and Lattimore's right pinky). Mockers seems to confuse projections with wishful thinking. That's what happens when people projects only their team's picks. Try doing an all 32 teams mock draft, and then you'll realize the chances we get Lattimore or Mathieu are much much slimmer than these personalized and wishful mocks show.

In reality, isn't the chance either way 1 in 32? Who's to say we're not that 2nd round team?

Granted, most won't like being that 2nd round team, but I expect most to not like our draft anyway (that's what Baalke does to us).

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 26th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #25, Eddie George: 51
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 578
rudyZ

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That hypothetical 2nd round "reacher" is probably a team that feels it needs that feature back. Eddie Lacy might be one. I'm not convinced Giovanni Bernard can be one. Leveon Bell might be better in a two-backs system. There aren't a lot of backs in this draft that scream "feature back". If a team with a need for one feels Lattimore is a first round talent, they will figure using a 2nd round pick on him is a steal, not the reach his injury concerns seem to indicate. So, do I think we could be that 1 in 32 teams in the second round? No. Because we're not desperate to find that feature back. We might actually be better off with a LeVeon Bell, or a Stepfan Taylor, or a Christine Michael, than picking Lattimore in the second. If he falls to one of our picks in the third or fourth, on value alone it would almost be too crazy not to pick him. But I do believe a team will "reach" for him, and that won't be us.

oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have cooled off a bit on us drafting Lattimore. I still think he's a day 2 back with the injuries that could push him to early day 3.. but I liked reading that we seem high on Jewel Hampton. Maybe we already have that future back. Still.. it wouldn't upset me if we draft Lattimore in the late 3rd/4th.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: