Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Update on Bernstine, you know him?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Update on Bernstine, you know him? Reply with quote

A good write up and update on Jordan Bernstine:

Bernstine

Quote:

Mr. Bernstine got healthy and was already back to running on the field close to that 4.43 forty speed he showed in last years combine. He also got a full year of NFL coaching sitting in on video sessions with coaches and getting a full dose of what it is to prepare yourself week in and week out. He is young, hungry, healthy and most importantly prepared to make an impact in 2013.

Good stuff, but that still doesnt mean we shouldnt go after a S in this years draft. Especially at 53.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news -- our 7th round pick from Iowa w/ Adam Gettis - same team. He really wrecked his knee bigtime.. Special teams play on opening Sunday - Torn Anterior, posterior AND MCL .. Horrific injury ..
Amazing he can walk even ..!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep and as I commented on that story, my $ is on The other Jordan-(Pugh)- to possibly be our opening day starter at FS and if he plays well, he could be the answer long term. He's 25, played decent at FS last year in spots, has 3 years of experience now and will get reps at FS this summer. I'd look for him to be our possible answer.

Very well could come down to a compeition between the rookie we draft, Pugh, Gomes and Bernstine for the starting FS spot and frankly, I'm cool with that! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Yep and as I commented on that story, my $ is on The other Jordan-(Pugh)- to possibly be our opening day starter at FS and if he plays well, he could be the answer long term. He's 25, played decent at FS last year in spots, has 3 years of experience now and will get reps at FS this summer. I'd look for him to be our possible answer.

Very well could come down to a compeition between the rookie we draft, Pugh, Gomes and Bernstine for the starting FS spot and frankly, I'm cool with that! Cool

He played decent. He didnt play like he should be starting quality, cause if that was the case, he would have been starting somewhere else.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

He played decent. He didnt play like he should be starting quality, cause if that was the case, he would have been starting somewhere else.
i agree but he was picked up in sept last year. This year he will have been with the team for nearly a year, including all offseason on opening day.

He's the most logical reason IMO as to why we havent signed a vet FS, other than that's our focus @ 51. More so than a 2nd year player with zero experience who's coming off as bad a knee injury as a player can have.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

i agree but he was picked up in sept last year. This year he will have been with the team for nearly a year, including all offseason on opening day.

He's the most logical reason IMO as to why we havent signed a vet FS, other than that's our focus @ 51. More so than a 2nd year player with zero experience who's coming off as bad a knee injury as a player can have.

Picked up in Sept ????? We talking about the same player.. ?? Wasn't he drafted,, by us-- in April ??
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Picked up in Sept ????? We talking about the same player.. ?? Wasn't he drafted,, by us-- in April ??

Jordan Pugh was drafted in 2010 in the 6th round by Carolina. He was released before final cuts for Carolina in 2012.

When Bernstine went down, we signed him on Sept 10, 2012.

And what that says to me is that he couldnt beat out the worst safety to play in the NFL in a long while: Haruki Nakamura.

That is not saying much if you think that Pugh, who was released by the Panthers, is going to be our starting FS.

There is a reason that we have met with Phillip Thomas and Duke Williams and David Amerson. Three potential FS prospects. Cause Pugh may be a good back up, but is not the long term answer at FS.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Jordan Pugh was drafted in 2010 in the 6th round by Carolina. He was released before final cuts for Carolina in 2012.

Geez, I need more coffee-- I know that but had Bernstine on my mind still Laughing Thanks
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

You are thinking of Jordan Bernstine my friend. We are talking about Jordan Pugh.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

You are thinking of Jordan Bernstine my friend. We are talking about Jordan Pugh.

Yes, thanks for clearing that up..
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bernstine
Pugh

Please stop talking about them fellas. I don't want anyone else interested in 2 of my Misfit Toys for 2013.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Bernstine
Pugh

Please stop talking about them fellas. I don't want anyone else interested in 2 of my Misfit Toys for 2013.
good luck with Pugh. I've been tweeting him lately and he may be my adoptee this year... Wink I'm really pulling for him
killacam

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

And what that says to me is that he couldnt beat out the worst safety to play in the NFL in a long while: Haruki Nakamura.

That is not saying much if you think that Pugh, who was released by the Panthers, is going to be our starting FS.

There is a reason that we have met with Phillip Thomas and Duke Williams and David Amerson. Three potential FS prospects. Cause Pugh may be a good back up, but is not the long term answer at FS.

There's no way Duke Williams is a FS. He is DEFINITELY a SS.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killacam wrote:
mike23md wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

There's no way Duke Williams is a FS. He is DEFINITELY a SS.
he has versatility to play both, just like Vacarro, Elam, Reid, Swearinger, and PThomas.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/04/steelers-2013-draft-nevada-s-duke-williams-scouting-report-profile/

Williams is projected as a free safety prospect on most NFLdraft boards. He is a hard-hitting tackler who is good aginast the pass and has built a good reputation for his run-stuffing skills.

Quote:
However, Williams is not a one-dimension defender, as he also excels in shutting down the passing game. He’s had 232 passes targeted into his area, allowing just 56 of those tosses to be completed (24.14%) for 587 yards, an average of 10.48 yards per pass completion and 2.53 yards per pass attempt. During that same span, opponents completed 59.18% of their passes for an average of 13.02 yards per completion and 7.71 yards per attempt vs. the rest of the Nevada defensive unit.

What makes those numbers even more impressive is the fact that Williams had to come out from his area to deliver twenty-five touchdown-saving tackles vs. the aerial game, after opponents had managed to escape the grasp of other Wolf Pack defenders. He jammed or rerouted receivers away from 112 of those 232 passes targeted into his area (48.28%) in addition to defending twenty-one of those tosses (eighteen pass deflections, three interceptions). He also proved to be an excellent “drive killer,” as he produced 68 third-down stops and five more on fourth-down plays vs. the passing game.

Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Bernstine
Pugh

Oh there are lots o' options on that front.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: