Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots sign WR Emmanuel Sanders to offer; Steelers match
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rygar

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Just because he didnt take the first lowball offer thrown at him doesnt mean he was a diva.

If not making him the third-highest-paid WR in the NFL is "low-balling" him, then I'm glad the Steelers low-balled him, because he was never worth the money he was asking for.

FourThreeMafia wrote:
And Wallace was an extremely hard worker. Saying he lacked dedication is a joke.

You COULD argue he lost focus over the last season and a half, but the talent is still there and he is hard worker.

Something's missing here. If he lost focus, then he wasn't working hard enough. I've been fired for losing focus on the job before. And if he's such a hard worker, then why has he barely improved at any of the things he's been criticized for? He still doesn't run crisp routes consistently, loses concentration in tight coverage, and barely makes an effort to fight for the ball. Either he's not working as hard as you think he is, or he just doesn't have what it takes to be an elite WR. Which leads back to the Steelers "low-balling" him...

FourThreeMafia wrote:
His first half of 2011 he was a beast, but then he fell off, but then again, Ben wasnt able to throw the deep ball well after being injured in the Browns game that year. And in 2012, he played in an offense that didnt utilize his main strength as well as Arians offense did.

The best WRs are versatile enough to succeed even when they're not in their wheelhouse. Which leads back to the Steelers "low-balling" him...

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Wallace's issue is he is too one dimensional. He is still a gamebreaker and a nice talent, but his inability to run quality short and intermediate routes and get open on routes that werent fly routes hurt him since mid 2011.

The fact that he still hasn't learned how to do those things after four seasons in the league proves that he either lacked focus and dedication, or his talent is vastly overrated. Which leads back to the Steelers "low-balling" him...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Was told the #Steelers decision on Emmanuel Sanders would come down to the wire. Sounds like it will. That's tomorrow. Nothing yet today

http://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/323124873159389184
Tom Brady Tribute
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:
Was told the #Steelers decision on Emmanuel Sanders would come down to the wire. Sounds like it will. That's tomorrow. Nothing yet today

Even if they knew what they were going to do, they'd try to leave the Pats on edge as long as they could.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:

Even if they knew what they were going to do, they'd try to leave the Pats on edge as long as they could.

Why? The Pats are pretty much done until the draft. They're not losing anything by having to wait an extra 24 hours.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:

Why? The Pats are pretty much done until the draft. They're not losing anything by having to wait an extra 24 hours.

Not saying it's a big hit for the Pats. But the uncertainty on the depth chart and tied up money is something every team who gets a RFA signed will milk to annoy the team going after their player.
sp6488

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:

Not saying it's a big hit for the Pats. But the uncertainty on the depth chart and tied up money is something every team who gets a RFA signed will milk to annoy the team going after their player.

Why make it official before you have to?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rygar wrote:
If not making him the third-highest-paid WR in the NFL is "low-balling" him, then I'm glad the Steelers low-balled him, because he was never worth the money he was asking for.

Now you are arguing something completely different.

My point was he isnt a diva for wanting more money.

Seriously, if you knew for a fact you could make MUCH more money elsewhere, why would you take the lower offer?

Quote:
Something's missing here. If he lost focus, then he wasn't working hard enough. I've been fired for losing focus on the job before. And if he's such a hard worker, then why has he barely improved at any of the things he's been criticized for? He still doesn't run crisp routes consistently, loses concentration in tight coverage, and barely makes an effort to fight for the ball. Either he's not working as hard as you think he is, or he just doesn't have what it takes to be an elite WR. Which leads back to the Steelers "low-balling" him...

You do realize that hard work doesnt always make you better at something, right?

There have been players that worked their a$$ off for years that were ultimately career backups.

Losing focus doesnt necessarily mean not working hard.

As far as route running, again, that doesnt mean he isnt a hard worker at all. Players with top end speed often have trouble with route running be because these players have to make huge adjustments to their game to do so. Again, it doesnt mean he isnt a hard worker.

Quote:
The best WRs are versatile enough to succeed even when they're not in their wheelhouse. Which leads back to the Steelers "low-balling" him...

Once again, you are arguing something completely different here.

Im not saying the Steelers shouldve overpaid for him,

Im saying he isnt a diva for simply going for more money.

Quote:
The fact that he still hasn't learned how to do those things after four seasons in the league proves that he either lacked focus and dedication, or his talent is vastly overrated. Which leads back to the Steelers "low-balling" him...

So I guess any player that doesnt succeed in the NFL or ultimately become an elite player isnt dedicated, right? Wallace is a hard worker. Being dedicated to doing something doesnt always mean youll reach your goals or dramatically improve, especially in the NFL.

Charlie Batch is known for being a role model on the team because he is such a dedicated and hard worker. By your logic, he isnt dedicated because he never dramatically improved his game.

And Im not sure why you keep repeating the "low ball" thing when it has very little to do with the matter at hand. The point was just because he declined an offer because he KNEW he could make much more in FA doesnt make him a diva.

Again, by your logic, any player that doesnt accept the first decent offer thrown at them is a "diva".

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Pitt has matched the RFA offer sheet on Emmanuel Sanders. First RFA to get offer in 3 years

http://twitter.com/JordanWoy/statuses/323559382371680256
Tom Brady Tribute
Babylon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay Pats, Steelers fans, update your opinions accordingly.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Babylon wrote:
Confused
I was against the move from the beginning, so that's quite alright.

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Babylon wrote:

Way to add nothing to the conversation.

Anyway...its a good move if we have strong plans to sign him long term. Its an absolutely terrible decision if this is a shortsighted decision for just one year,

Sciz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Babylon wrote:
I would have liked to see him on the Pats, and I think Pittsburgh made a terrible decision.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know what % of offensive snaps Sanders played last year?

The Rebuild Has Begun...
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
Babylon wrote:
I would have liked to see him on the Pats, and I think Pittsburgh made a terrible decision.

I dont get this.

You WOULD have liked to seen him on your team, yet the Steelers made a bad decision for keeping that player?

Care to explain?

wackywabbit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Sciz wrote:
Babylon wrote:

I dont get this.

You WOULD have liked to seen him on your team, yet the Steelers made a bad decision for keeping that player?

Care to explain?

Would be the case if the Steelers weren't able/planning to retain him past this year. But, I'm guessing if they passed on such a decent draft pick, they do plan to keep him long term.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: