Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots sign WR Emmanuel Sanders to offer; Steelers match
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Getting forgotten here that GM Kevin Colbert said at combine #Steelers CAN and WILL match potential offer for Sanders. No suspense here.

https://twitter.com/Dejan_Kovacevic/status/322023429245124610
Tom Brady Tribute
Rygar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonnyQuest wrote:
Pats are going after the small quick type.

The Patriots can have the small, quick type. I'm tired of the small, quick type, especially when they can't stay healthy or take care of the football. (Yeah, I'm annoyed by Antonio Brown too.)

JonnyQuest wrote:
He is listed as 5'11 180...

Have you seen the guy on the football field?

Not really, because he can't stay healthy. It's how Antonio Brown passed him on the depth chart in the first place, despite being drafted much later.

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
What happened to all of New England's draft picks? I'm so used to Belichick hoarding pick after pick, it's very strange to see them down to what will likely just be 4 picks after the Steelers let Sanders walk.

This is exactly why I hope the Steelers let him walk, because then they'll have as many draft picks in the top 100 as the Patriots will have in the entire draft.

Honestly, the Steelers could literally have zero WRs or RBs on the roster right now and I wouldn't be upset; that's how unimpressed I was by all of them last season.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm OK with this either way. I wouldn't mind Sanders on the team to help fill the void at WR but the Patriots not having any picks in rounds 3-6 is a bad situation to be in.

The Patriots will be looking to trade down in the 1st and/or 2nd, but you lose your leverage in negotiations when everyone knows you HAVE to trade down. They were in the same situation last year with no picks after pick #62 and boy did Ted Thompson take advantage, with Belichick giving up over 100 points on the TVC. In a draft where most teams will be looking to move down and most teams all too happy to watch Bill sit on his hands for 5 rounds, its hard to see the situation play out much different this year.
dcarey20

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't blame Pittsburgh if they let him go given the circumstances. But I like it for New England.

NE and Brady will find a way to make Sanders very productive IMO.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcarey20 wrote:
Can't blame Pittsburgh if they let him go given the circumstances. But I like it for New England.

Sanders has talent, but it gets annoying how every player that is signed by the Pats is expected to be made into a star.

I think that theory has been debunked several times.

Dont get me wrong, I think he could have success in New England, but what exactly has he shown that makes you think he could be much more productive there than in Pittsburgh? Not out of the question, but its not one of those "match made in heaven" type of deals.
patman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
dcarey20 wrote:

Sanders has talent, but it gets annoying how every player that is signed by the Pats is expected to be made into a star.

Dont get me wrong, I think he could have success in New England, but what exactly has he shown that makes you think he could be much more productive there than in Pittsburgh? Not out of the question, but its not one of those "match made in heaven" type of deals.

He is not going to be a "star". he is being paid to be a solid player- that is it. His production will most likely be more in NE because NE throws the ball about 5 times more a game. I would think he will get about 3-5 rec a game. 60 a year tops.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Emmanuel Sanders deal is 1 year, $2.5 mill. Many believe its a clever ploy by NE, which likely has long-term deal worked out already.

http://twitter.com/JasonColeYahoo/statuses/322070014997970944
Tom Brady Tribute
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:
Emmanuel Sanders deal is 1 year, $2.5 mill. Many believe its a clever ploy by NE, which likely has long-term deal worked out already.

http://twitter.com/JasonColeYahoo/statuses/322070014997970944

Well yeah. Shenanigans!
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patman wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
dcarey20 wrote:

He is not going to be a "star". he is being paid to be a solid player- that is it. His production will most likely be more in NE because NE throws the ball about 5 times more a game. I would think he will get about 3-5 rec a game. 60 a year tops.

I wasnt debating that.

Just the claim that the Pats will make him "highly productive". It could happen...just saying that he has had his chances here and has never capitalized. I do think he is a good fit there, but not a slam dunk to do more than be a decent slot guy.
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pittsburgh always seems to have issues with their talented receivers.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w4rrior723 wrote:

I'd like to believe that it's all Ben Roethlisberger making these guys talented... Yeah I'd like to believe that.

Trust in the 4Bs: Ben, Bell, Blount and Brown!
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Circled back and checked on incentives or anything else attached to the Sanders offer sheet ... Nothing. Just a one-year, $2.5M deal.

http://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/statuses/322078720343031808
Tom Brady Tribute
armsteeld

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
w4rrior723 wrote:

I'd like to believe that it's all Ben Roethlisberger making these guys talented... Yeah I'd like to believe that.

I diagree. If anything, barring last year, our WRs have been carrying this offense along with Ben. I want Sanders gone so we can get better players. Sanders has huge potential but injuries and other factors have limited his production.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ability to match isn't the issue on Sanders. If Pats are doing what I think they are, it's the 1-year term that puts Steelers in tough spot.

http://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/statuses/322080651522220032

Quote:
... 1-year term on Sanders could mask a long-term offer, makes it so Steelers have to decide not knowing what he'd cost on multi-year deal.

http://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/statuses/322081172819685376

Quote:
The flip side is the Steelers can just work out their own multi-year deal on the side with Sanders, then match. They have 5 days to do it.

http://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/statuses/322085191378145281
Tom Brady Tribute
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
patman wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
dcarey20 wrote:

I wasnt debating that.

Just the claim that the Pats will make him "highly productive". It could happen...just saying that he has had his chances here and has never capitalized. I do think he is a good fit there, but not a slam dunk to do more than be a decent slot guy.

The thing is sanders is going to get a lot more opportunities if this were to go through than he ever did in Pittsburgh. He was the third best wideout there, and was targeted 69 times. For comparisons sake Brandon Lloyd was targeted 129 times. He won't be a different player. It's not unreasonable to project better numbers simply because he'd get used a lot more. That said I can't see pit letting him leave at this price.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: