Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens nearing deal with Rolando McClain
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmvoss

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's safe to assume he has damaged or underdeveloped frontal lobes. What an idiot. Not very optimistic regarding his future as a Raven.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiritoftruth wrote:
Why do people want to go back to Alabama anyway?

Not sure if serious... obviously because it's a sweet home... and because Laura Jeanne Reese Witherspoon was from Alabama and looking all cute in that movie Sweet Home Alabama.

Maybe that's why he keeps going there... McClain is looking for Melanie (Reese Witherspoon) and he just can't find here... and he just gets so upset about it... and the police won't help him so he's upset at them for their incompetence. I don't think we can blame Rolando when we look at it from that perspective.... Razz

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he's looking for Reese Witherspoon, they can probably meet up in the drunk tank sometime soon.

That's one glamorous mugshot she's got going for her.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
If he's looking for Reese Witherspoon, they can probably meet up in the drunk tank sometime soon.

That's one glamorous mugshot she's got going for her.

Rolando McClain: There she is... Thanks po-po! Take me to her...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not gonna lie, I'd get arrested to meet to Reese Witherspoon. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I wrote about this on another forum:

Quote:
Apparently all he did was refuse to leave and cursed at some police officers but a guy with his history absolutely needed to stay clean off the field. That's just extremely poor judgement on his part.

With that said I don't think the Ravens will cut him (if at all) until after training camp. There isn't any big reason to get rid of him until they see what he can do on the field/until the roster limits come into effect. I don't expect McClain much to the team but I think he still gets a shot.

Ken McKusick released a film study article about McClain today. Here's the link and a short summary from him:

http://russellstreetreport.com/filmstudy-the-curious-case-of-rolando-mcclain/

Quote:
To summarize his on-the field play:

Heís a well above average run defender who rarely misses tackles. Heíll immediately be the best ILB for run defense in the AFC North.

Heís a poor coverage linebacker and opposing QBs know it. Heís picked on with approximately the same frequency as Ray Lewis or Dannell Ellerbe were last season. He allows a mess of YAC which has been a function both of some key missed assignments and a defense around him that wasnít particularly good.

His productivity as a pass rusher has been up and down, but thatís an area where he was successful in 2011.

McKusick attributes his poor run-defense/being out of position on a lot of plays to gambles or being assigned to run-blitz a certain gap and being wrong. I'm not sure if I buy it as his tackling itself is pretty poor.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: