Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders re-sign former Eagles CB Joselio Hanson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
91jmay

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we had a true, above average 1 CB we would have a very good corp BUT I still feel we just have a lot of good 2 CBs or slot guys currently.

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The recent signings have been enough for me to realize Milliner won't be the pick. I'm just hoping we draft Jordan now since he was my 2nd guy I wanted. I won't be upset with Floyd but I'll hold out hope for Dion Jordan.

dmac505

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
If we had a true, above average 1 CB we would have a very good corp BUT I still feel we just have a lot of good 2 CBs or slot guys currently.

This is the same way i feel about our WRs

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
91jmay

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmac505 wrote:
91jmay wrote:

Yeah I think that is fair, although I see DMoore having more chance of developing into a 1 guy than any of our CBs do.

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
dmac505

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
dmac505 wrote:
91jmay wrote:

Yeah I think that is fair, although I see DMoore having more chance of developing into a 1 guy than any of our CBs do.

Yea id agree with that... all of our late round WRs seem to be good their rookie years and then disappear... JLH, Ford, Moore Murphy... hopefully Moore and Ford can continue to grow, as well as streater and criner

note, Moore definitely didn't disappear last year, but he didnt progress much from year one.. I love his potential. That TD against Buf 2 years ago still gives me the chills

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
nbaker1933

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmac505 wrote:
91jmay wrote:
dmac505 wrote:
91jmay wrote:

Yea id agree with that... all of our late round WRs seem to be good their rookie years and then disappear... JLH, Ford, Moore Murphy... hopefully Moore and Ford can continue to grow, as well as streater and criner

note, Moore definitely didn't disappear last year, but he didnt progress much from year one.. I love his potential. That TD against Buf 2 years ago still gives me the chills

Its because good is a subjective term.

They were good for rookies, on our team, with our wrs. But it doesnt take a lot to be that. I think if you look at them they all had "big play ability" their rookie year, which can either be a trait they possess, or often a fluke missed tackle here or there, that doesnt translate in the long term
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie is setting this thing up nicely. He is giving us the ability to cut these signed players if a young rookie beats them out in camp. I don't think anyone other than Barnett and Maiava have more than one year deals. We could easily absorb any hit because the bonuses are small and we will have a ton of space next year.

These are good signings just based on that alone.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Reggie is setting this thing up nicely. He is giving us the ability to cut these signed players if a young rookie beats them out in camp. I don't think anyone other than Barnett and Maiava have more than one year deals. We could easily absorb any hit because the bonuses are small and we will have a ton of space next year.

Exactly. Also think it gives them a little room to take a chance. Like the honey badger or Rambo. Hard to pick a boom or bust guy if don't have anyone capable of filling in for a year if needed.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

Exactly. Also think it gives them a little room to take a chance. Like the honey badger or Rambo. Hard to pick a boom or bust guy if don't have anyone capable of filling in for a year if needed.

Yup. Because who would be Tyrann's competition? Hanson. If he can beat out Hanson and give us the same or better production, we are coming out ahead. And now you have a guy that knows his role on the defense because we have experienced guys on the outsides.

dante9876

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

Yup. Because who would be Tyrann's competition? Hanson. If he can beat out Hanson and give us the same or better production, we are coming out ahead. And now you have a guy that knows his role on the defense because we have experienced guys on the outsides.

Well I disagree with this logic. If you waste a pick on a bad team you waste a pick on a bad team. If the Honey Badger is drafted in the fourth and cant play as good or better than Hanson, I will hate that pick. I will not be ok with it cause Hanson is on a one year deal.

I like what Reggie is doing, but all the extra praise is a little over the top. just like all the hate is over the top. How the team roster and coaching staff looks at the end of the 2015 off season, is when he should get all his props or all his hate. I think he is making good moves and rebuilding the right way, but tearing the house down is the easy part, how you build the house back up is all that really matters to me.
lilcrazycat1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
Still like Mathieu.

Billy Spikes is rubbing it in lately.

What you mean the pictures? i just try to find the most "funny" or "ridiculous" pictures i can of the players, i started doing it recently in all the news thread, look at the forum.

well I guess u forgot to post a funny picture when NE signed Kelly... he sure has had plenty of ridiculous moments
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

Well I disagree with this logic. If you waste a pick on a bad team you waste a pick on a bad team. If the Honey Badger is drafted in the fourth and cant play as good or better than Hanson, I will hate that pick. I will not be ok with it cause Hanson is on a one year deal.

I like what Reggie is doing, but all the extra praise is a little over the top. just like all the hate is over the top. How the team roster and coaching staff looks at the end of the 2015 off season, is when he should get all his props or all his hate. I think he is making good moves and rebuilding the right way, but tearing the house down is the easy part, how you build the house back up is all that really matters to me.

But you really can't judge a draft pick until year three. So these guys will give our young guys some time to develop and we won't HAVE to depend on them. If they are able to jump up and take a spot then we are farther ahead than we thought we would be.

We will see in 2015. Until then the team will have to keep grinding.

Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilcrazycat1 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
Still like Mathieu.

What you mean the pictures? i just try to find the most "funny" or "ridiculous" pictures i can of the players, i started doing it recently in all the news thread, look at the forum.

well I guess u forgot to post a funny picture when NE signed Kelly... he sure has had plenty of ridiculous moments

I really did look for one, didn't find anything, honest.

I don't look for this stuff for 10 minutes Laughing , if one shows up in the first few scrolls i post it. [No need to take this stuff hard, i do it to every player, it's just for fun]
Tom Brady Tribute
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
lilcrazycat1 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
Still like Mathieu.

I don't look for this stuff for 10 minutes Laughing , if one shows up in the first few scrolls i post it. [No need to take this stuff hard, i do it to every player, it's just for fun]

It's that easy Billy Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
lilcrazycat1 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
Still like Mathieu.

It's that easy Billy Laughing

lol forgot about that.

btw thanks Billy. Always keep us informed and you are always a classy poster in here. Only part of a NE I dont despise. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: