Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders re-sign former Eagles CB Joselio Hanson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
91jmay


Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 24159
Location: Wonderland
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we had a true, above average 1 CB we would have a very good corp BUT I still feel we just have a lot of good 2 CBs or slot guys currently.
_________________
THE MAD STORK wrote:

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
RaisinBran


Joined: 18 Aug 2008
Posts: 9459
Location: 925/805
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The recent signings have been enough for me to realize Milliner won't be the pick. I'm just hoping we draft Jordan now since he was my 2nd guy I wanted. I won't be upset with Floyd but I'll hold out hope for Dion Jordan.
_________________
(MLB)=A's, (NFL)=Raiders, (NBA)= Warriors

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dmac505


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 733
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
If we had a true, above average 1 CB we would have a very good corp BUT I still feel we just have a lot of good 2 CBs or slot guys currently.


This is the same way i feel about our WRs
_________________


Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
91jmay


Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 24159
Location: Wonderland
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmac505 wrote:
91jmay wrote:
If we had a true, above average 1 CB we would have a very good corp BUT I still feel we just have a lot of good 2 CBs or slot guys currently.


This is the same way i feel about our WRs


Yeah I think that is fair, although I see DMoore having more chance of developing into a 1 guy than any of our CBs do.
_________________
THE MAD STORK wrote:

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
dmac505


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 733
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
dmac505 wrote:
91jmay wrote:
If we had a true, above average 1 CB we would have a very good corp BUT I still feel we just have a lot of good 2 CBs or slot guys currently.


This is the same way i feel about our WRs


Yeah I think that is fair, although I see DMoore having more chance of developing into a 1 guy than any of our CBs do.


Yea id agree with that... all of our late round WRs seem to be good their rookie years and then disappear... JLH, Ford, Moore Murphy... hopefully Moore and Ford can continue to grow, as well as streater and criner

note, Moore definitely didn't disappear last year, but he didnt progress much from year one.. I love his potential. That TD against Buf 2 years ago still gives me the chills
_________________


Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nbaker1933


Joined: 31 May 2011
Posts: 2074
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmac505 wrote:
91jmay wrote:
dmac505 wrote:
91jmay wrote:
If we had a true, above average 1 CB we would have a very good corp BUT I still feel we just have a lot of good 2 CBs or slot guys currently.


This is the same way i feel about our WRs


Yeah I think that is fair, although I see DMoore having more chance of developing into a 1 guy than any of our CBs do.


Yea id agree with that... all of our late round WRs seem to be good their rookie years and then disappear... JLH, Ford, Moore Murphy... hopefully Moore and Ford can continue to grow, as well as streater and criner

note, Moore definitely didn't disappear last year, but he didnt progress much from year one.. I love his potential. That TD against Buf 2 years ago still gives me the chills


Its because good is a subjective term.

They were good for rookies, on our team, with our wrs. But it doesnt take a lot to be that. I think if you look at them they all had "big play ability" their rookie year, which can either be a trait they possess, or often a fluke missed tackle here or there, that doesnt translate in the long term
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DOCLEW 28


Joined: 10 Nov 2006
Posts: 10883
Location: East Oakland
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie is setting this thing up nicely. He is giving us the ability to cut these signed players if a young rookie beats them out in camp. I don't think anyone other than Barnett and Maiava have more than one year deals. We could easily absorb any hit because the bonuses are small and we will have a ton of space next year.

These are good signings just based on that alone.
_________________

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 8497
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Reggie is setting this thing up nicely. He is giving us the ability to cut these signed players if a young rookie beats them out in camp. I don't think anyone other than Barnett and Maiava have more than one year deals. We could easily absorb any hit because the bonuses are small and we will have a ton of space next year.

These are good signings just based on that alone.

Exactly. Also think it gives them a little room to take a chance. Like the honey badger or Rambo. Hard to pick a boom or bust guy if don't have anyone capable of filling in for a year if needed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DOCLEW 28


Joined: 10 Nov 2006
Posts: 10883
Location: East Oakland
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Reggie is setting this thing up nicely. He is giving us the ability to cut these signed players if a young rookie beats them out in camp. I don't think anyone other than Barnett and Maiava have more than one year deals. We could easily absorb any hit because the bonuses are small and we will have a ton of space next year.

These are good signings just based on that alone.

Exactly. Also think it gives them a little room to take a chance. Like the honey badger or Rambo. Hard to pick a boom or bust guy if don't have anyone capable of filling in for a year if needed.


Yup. Because who would be Tyrann's competition? Hanson. If he can beat out Hanson and give us the same or better production, we are coming out ahead. And now you have a guy that knows his role on the defense because we have experienced guys on the outsides.
_________________

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dante9876


Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Posts: 21117
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Reggie is setting this thing up nicely. He is giving us the ability to cut these signed players if a young rookie beats them out in camp. I don't think anyone other than Barnett and Maiava have more than one year deals. We could easily absorb any hit because the bonuses are small and we will have a ton of space next year.

These are good signings just based on that alone.

Exactly. Also think it gives them a little room to take a chance. Like the honey badger or Rambo. Hard to pick a boom or bust guy if don't have anyone capable of filling in for a year if needed.


Yup. Because who would be Tyrann's competition? Hanson. If he can beat out Hanson and give us the same or better production, we are coming out ahead. And now you have a guy that knows his role on the defense because we have experienced guys on the outsides.


Well I disagree with this logic. If you waste a pick on a bad team you waste a pick on a bad team. If the Honey Badger is drafted in the fourth and cant play as good or better than Hanson, I will hate that pick. I will not be ok with it cause Hanson is on a one year deal.

I like what Reggie is doing, but all the extra praise is a little over the top. just like all the hate is over the top. How the team roster and coaching staff looks at the end of the 2015 off season, is when he should get all his props or all his hate. I think he is making good moves and rebuilding the right way, but tearing the house down is the easy part, how you build the house back up is all that really matters to me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lilcrazycat1


Joined: 09 Sep 2008
Posts: 928
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
Still like Mathieu.

Billy Spikes is rubbing it in lately.


What you mean the pictures? i just try to find the most "funny" or "ridiculous" pictures i can of the players, i started doing it recently in all the news thread, look at the forum.


well I guess u forgot to post a funny picture when NE signed Kelly... he sure has had plenty of ridiculous moments
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
DOCLEW 28


Joined: 10 Nov 2006
Posts: 10883
Location: East Oakland
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Reggie is setting this thing up nicely. He is giving us the ability to cut these signed players if a young rookie beats them out in camp. I don't think anyone other than Barnett and Maiava have more than one year deals. We could easily absorb any hit because the bonuses are small and we will have a ton of space next year.

These are good signings just based on that alone.

Exactly. Also think it gives them a little room to take a chance. Like the honey badger or Rambo. Hard to pick a boom or bust guy if don't have anyone capable of filling in for a year if needed.


Yup. Because who would be Tyrann's competition? Hanson. If he can beat out Hanson and give us the same or better production, we are coming out ahead. And now you have a guy that knows his role on the defense because we have experienced guys on the outsides.


Well I disagree with this logic. If you waste a pick on a bad team you waste a pick on a bad team. If the Honey Badger is drafted in the fourth and cant play as good or better than Hanson, I will hate that pick. I will not be ok with it cause Hanson is on a one year deal.

I like what Reggie is doing, but all the extra praise is a little over the top. just like all the hate is over the top. How the team roster and coaching staff looks at the end of the 2015 off season, is when he should get all his props or all his hate. I think he is making good moves and rebuilding the right way, but tearing the house down is the easy part, how you build the house back up is all that really matters to me.


But you really can't judge a draft pick until year three. So these guys will give our young guys some time to develop and we won't HAVE to depend on them. If they are able to jump up and take a spot then we are farther ahead than we thought we would be.

We will see in 2015. Until then the team will have to keep grinding.
_________________

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 39458
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilcrazycat1 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
Still like Mathieu.

Billy Spikes is rubbing it in lately.


What you mean the pictures? i just try to find the most "funny" or "ridiculous" pictures i can of the players, i started doing it recently in all the news thread, look at the forum.


well I guess u forgot to post a funny picture when NE signed Kelly... he sure has had plenty of ridiculous moments


I really did look for one, didn't find anything, honest.

I don't look for this stuff for 10 minutes Laughing , if one shows up in the first few scrolls i post it. [No need to take this stuff hard, i do it to every player, it's just for fun]
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22108
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
lilcrazycat1 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
Still like Mathieu.

Billy Spikes is rubbing it in lately.


What you mean the pictures? i just try to find the most "funny" or "ridiculous" pictures i can of the players, i started doing it recently in all the news thread, look at the forum.


well I guess u forgot to post a funny picture when NE signed Kelly... he sure has had plenty of ridiculous moments


I really did look for one, didn't find anything, honest.

I don't look for this stuff for 10 minutes Laughing , if one shows up in the first few scrolls i post it. [No need to take this stuff hard, i do it to every player, it's just for fun]




It's that easy Billy Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 8497
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
lilcrazycat1 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
Still like Mathieu.

Billy Spikes is rubbing it in lately.


What you mean the pictures? i just try to find the most "funny" or "ridiculous" pictures i can of the players, i started doing it recently in all the news thread, look at the forum.


well I guess u forgot to post a funny picture when NE signed Kelly... he sure has had plenty of ridiculous moments


I really did look for one, didn't find anything, honest.

I don't look for this stuff for 10 minutes Laughing , if one shows up in the first few scrolls i post it. [No need to take this stuff hard, i do it to every player, it's just for fun]




It's that easy Billy Laughing

lol forgot about that.

btw thanks Billy. Always keep us informed and you are always a classy poster in here. Only part of a NE I dont despise. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group