Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Articles: The Dez Bryant Edition
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Articles: The Dez Bryant Edition Reply with quote

Bayless: Cowboys Nation includes the Haters

Laughing

Quote:
"I feel like the greatest thing about being on the Cowboys (is) people love to hate the Cowboys," Bryant told ESPN Radio in El Paso on Tuesday, via the Dallas Morning News. "That makes you work 10 times harder. They put the big target on us or whatever, and speaking for myself, it doesn't bother me. I'm pretty sure it doesn't bother a lot of guys. They like that kind of pressure. It makes us want to work hard and makes you want to do what you want to do to get to that big game."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000158560/article/dez-bryant-hate-toward-dallas-cowboys-is-motivating

Quote:
On how heís matured from his rookie year:

I just feel like it takes time. When I got into the NFL, a lot of things was new to me. I needed time, and I feel like I got the time that I needed. I got the support. And the guys continue to work with me. I couldnít be more thankful for that. The reason Iím so confident going into this year Ė and just working out in the weight room or whatever Ė is because of those guys. I give them all the credit.

On transitioning to be an instant millionaire:

I know for me, youíre going from zero to a lot. I never had that kind of money. I never had thousands of dollars, so me having that, it was very difficult. I didnít know what to do with it. I found great help and I got everything under control. For the people who will reach that someday, itís always best to get you a great financial advisor, try your best to put yourself on a budget. Thatís the best advice I can give you.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20130409-dez-bryant-the-greatest-thing-about-being-on-the-cowboys-is-....ece

Quote:
The Cowboys need more of that if they're going to find success in 2013, and Bryant sees no reason why that can't happen.

"Very excited for him because Tony is that guy," Bryant said of Romo's new contract. "He's a leader of our team. We need that chemistry, and I feel like I need it. Tony has been great to me. He's ready to work with me and all of us, the receiving corps, who want to be the quarterback's best friend."

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4707289/dez-bryants-broken-finger-isnt-a-problem

Quote:

Q: Calvin, is it "Set-in-Stone", that Anthony Spencer will be the starting defensive end? Maybe they can get a quality 4-3 DE in free agency or the draft. This will keep Spencer at OLB. Derrick (New Port Richey, Fla.)

A: Spencer is going to be the starting defensive end because he's more effective at that spot than playing outside linebacker in a 4-3. Monte Kiffin's defensive line warrants pass rushers at all four spots and this is where Spencer comes in. Spencer played a 4-3 defensive end in college and making the move back to it isn't a problem.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4707266/cowboys-weekend-mailbag-sign-ronde-barber

Quote:
The Cowboys have a young receiving corps for the second consecutive seasons. Not one receiver is over 30 -- Austin will be 29 in June -- and that bodes well for the future of this position. The Cowboys don't have to worry about upgrading it because of what Bryant and Austin have done in the past and because of Harris' potential.

"Sometimes guys come in and they want to be good but they donít kind of know what they need to do on a daily basis to get better," Garrett said. "I think heís understood that over the last couple years. He was on and off our roster for a little bit, if you remember, and I think a couple of those experiences helped in his response to say, 'Hey, Iíve got to bear down, Iíve got to start practicing better on a more consistent basis.' I think when he started doing that, he started getting better and really being able to tap into his potential."

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4707282/dwayne-harris-moving-to-no-3-on-the-depth-chart

Quote:
"In the $3-4 million range is something that I think is more than fair for a starter who has played pretty well throughout his career," Winston said. Although Winston had an offer from the Chargers and has talked to the Cowboys, his sense so far is that teams are being extremely careful with money this offseason.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013/4/9/4204926/dallas-cowboys-news-links-eric-winston-dez-bryant-mike-jenkins

Quote:
As might be expected with a prospect with such high highs and low lows, our scouts are divided on Moore. Rang sees him as a first rounder; Nawrocki (who has a low tolerance for physical weakness) doesn't even have him in his top 150 (Ourlads' Dan Shonka has him as the 39th-best player). Where might the Cowboys place him? That's a tough one. At first, I was certain the Cowboys invited him to Valley Ranch because they feel he's one of the players whose grade merits consideration at #18. The more I think it over, however, the more I believe they think he's a "bend" player (a guy in the 25-40 range) who might fall to them at 47. I'm going to put him in the first round on my 2013 "little board," but with a strong preference that they don't take him there.
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013/4/9/4190282/dallas-cowboys-2013-draft-targets-texas-a-m-de-damontre-moore

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Articles: The Dez Bryant Edition Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:

Quote:
The Cowboys have a young receiving corps for the second consecutive seasons. Not one receiver is over 30 -- Austin will be 29 in June -- and that bodes well for the future of this position. The Cowboys don't have to worry about upgrading it because of what Bryant and Austin have done in the past and because of Harris' potential.

"Sometimes guys come in and they want to be good but they donít kind of know what they need to do on a daily basis to get better," Garrett said. "I think heís understood that over the last couple years. He was on and off our roster for a little bit, if you remember, and I think a couple of those experiences helped in his response to say, 'Hey, Iíve got to bear down, Iíve got to start practicing better on a more consistent basis.' I think when he started doing that, he started getting better and really being able to tap into his potential."

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4707282/dwayne-harris-moving-to-no-3-on-the-depth-chart

We have a really young team. Next year, we are likely to have 3 starters over the age of 30: Romo, Witten, Ware. Everyone else is far from promised.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont show this to MH:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2013/adjusted-interceptions-2012

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work Matts. I always enjoy these.

^^Thanks to Kempes for the sig.^^
cowboyfanin2890

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Dont show this to MH:

Not to bad on Romo's part compared to Brees and Eli seeing how both of them had o-lines to work with.
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/more-sports/chats/20130408-chat-replay-david-moore-answers-cowboys-questions.ece

Why haven't the Cowboys made any move on the free agent offensive linemen that are available?

The Cowboys have spent lavishly on free agent offensive linemen in the past, which in part has put them in this cap bind. Under Garrett, this team would prefer to build a young offensive line through the draft which also has the benefit of being more cost effective under the cap.

In Redball I Trust!
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cowboyfanin2890 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Dont show this to MH:

Not to bad on Romo's part compared to Brees and Eli seeing how both of them had o-lines to work with.

Romo still would've thrown more INTs than any other veteran QB in the league based on that metric.

Plus, New Orleans was a hot mess last year due to the the Sean Payton suspension and Bountygate issues, so I'll give them a pass.

Eli? Not so much. He's money in the clutch, but he does love himself some turnovers.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
textaz03

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@hatcher97: I'm down to like 295 and @natashatcher called me skinny. I wonder what she going to say at 290..

Hmmmmm, looking at a new weight for Rat?? DE??

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
textaz03

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@calvinwatkins: Watkins: Cowboys start voluntary workouts today: The Cowboys begin voluntary offseason workouts today at Valle... http://t.co/D4fXZGAwMF

@RapSheet: #Cowboys DT Josh Brent not expected at voluntary offseason conditioning at Valley Ranch. Has life issues to deal with - receiving counseling

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
@RapSheet: #Cowboys DT Josh Brent not expected at voluntary offseason conditioning at Valley Ranch. Has life issues to deal with - receiving counseling

Read: "Will be in prison soon."

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Baixis

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not a Dez article, but a Romo one, but I figured it would best fit in here rather than starting a new thread, AND it's one of the best, truest articles I've read regarding Romo.

ďIt takes a certain kind of stupid to not grasp that. It takes a certain kind of short bus mentality to be told Tony needs an O-line and reply, ďoh sure, he always needs something.Ē Every QB does. I just showed you where great ones like Elway and Manning needed pieces to get their wins. I just showed you where great ones like Moon, Marino, and Fouts lacked pieces to get them there. I just showed you where Troy had a solid team everywhere. Do you want me to do the same for Roger Staubach? I can.Ē

ďAnyone who tells you Tony Romo is incapable of winning one( a SB) is a good candidate for a lobotomy.Ē

http://thelandryhat.com/2013/04/13/do-the-dallas-cowboys-really-need-offensive-line-help/
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/21/us/al-michaels-arrest/index.html

Quote:
The man revered for yelling "Do you believe in miracles?" as the U.S. hockey team upset the mighty Soviets in the 1980 Winter Olympics was arrested and charged with misdemeanor DUI in Southern California on Friday night, Santa Monica police said.

Shame. He is my favorite announcer.

In Redball I Trust!
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember a few months ago when I argued for a new-type of OL players?

www.mysanantonio.com/sports/cowboys/article/Lean-athletes-could-help-Cowboys-thin-line-4450717.php

In Redball I Trust!
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bucs just traded for Revis.

The Secondary will likely be:

Revis - Barron - Goldson - ?
With Barber in the Slot.

Talk about a weakness turned into a strength.

Bucs are my early candidates for the south.
Packers in the north.
Seahawks in the West.
Rams as a WC.
Leaving the east with two WC.

In Redball I Trust!
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the Bucs going anywhere with Freeman as the QB...

^^^Deadpulse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: