Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Oakland Raiders have signed free agent S Usama Young
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raidr4life

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh Dubow ‏@JoshDubowAP 2h
Per PFF, New #Raiders S Usama Young was rated 3rd best tackling safety and 11th best in coverage last season
NickButera

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Per PFF, New #Raiders S Usama Young was rated 3rd best tackling safety and 11th best in coverage last season

Which is odd. They also ranked Jenkins and Porter very poorly, yet general consensus is Porter and Jenkins are pretty decent, Young is generally considered not that great. Funny how stats work sometimes. Laughing

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
oak42069

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
macklemore wrote:
he is an upgrade over Giordano.. but that isn't saying much, hopefully we still find a safety in the middle of this draft. I'm a fan of Swearinger.

'middle of the draft' and 'Swearinger do not correlate. He's going in the 2nd round. Most rate him the 3rd best safety in this class.

This class is fairly deep with safety's. Pretty sure Reggie can find someone in the middle rounds that has the capability of being competitive for a starting spot within his first 2 years.

Hella deep
backinblack

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

Which is odd. They also ranked Jenkins and Porter very poorly, yet general consensus is Porter and Jenkins are pretty decent, Young is generally considered not that great. Funny how stats work sometimes. Laughing

i was just looking at that also was laughing. opposite of what everyone is saying. but fans usually only remember the bonehead or blown plays they make.
Dat Raider

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:

... Oh. I guess it's a better signing than both of the CBs we got, then. Maybe we just got our starting FS.
raiders006

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like these signings; our secondary looks serviceable now.
Darkness

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

General consensus is that both CBs struggled last season, but still have potential. Haven't seen anyone say otherwise. Which makes senses because neither was highly sought after.
macklemore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:

if he was actually any good he wouldn't have been released. he couldn't even win a starting job during browns training camp.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Isn't Young a SS. I assume they signed him to play FS yeah?

I was under the impression he was a SS but his wikipedia said FS so.....

If it means anything, he's an FS on Madden lol.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
NickButera wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
macklemore wrote:
he is an upgrade over Giordano.. but that isn't saying much, hopefully we still find a safety in the middle of this draft. I'm a fan of Swearinger.

'middle of the draft' and 'Swearinger do not correlate. He's going in the 2nd round. Most rate him the 3rd best safety in this class.

This class is fairly deep with safety's. Pretty sure Reggie can find someone in the middle rounds that has the capability of being competitive for a starting spot within his first 2 years.

Rontez Miles, please.

My cable provider plays every California PA game at about 3am. Home and away. And I DVR them all because I'm a football junkie. If we were able to draft Miles somewhere I will be doing backflips!!! He is a savage tackler who will probably see his share of fines for tough physical tackles. I can see him as our FS of the future.

He hits so hard his eyebrows fell off. Kind of looks like Jack Crawford's little brother. Laughing

Raider X hooked me with the sig
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the "win" in terms of Usama Young. He is way better than Giordano. And even if he ends up being a backup but in the rotation we just upgraded the position. I coached with a couple of guys that played at Cal with Gio. And they can't believe he has lasted in the league this long. Because they say he was bad even at Cal.

macklemore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
NickButera wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
macklemore wrote:

Rontez Miles, please.

My cable provider plays every California PA game at about 3am. Home and away. And I DVR them all because I'm a football junkie. If we were able to draft Miles somewhere I will be doing backflips!!! He is a savage tackler who will probably see his share of fines for tough physical tackles. I can see him as our FS of the future.

He hits so hard his eyebrows fell off. Kind of looks like Jack Crawford's little brother. Laughing

he has a steelers tattoo.. ew.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell let's get both those guys. Honey Badger and the Rontez "New Asassin" Miles!!!

That would make for a nasty playmaking secondary. Shocked

hornbybrown

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

I think this is very miss leading. I actually feel sorry for you guys if he is starting.

He might make his tackles when he actually touches the person with the ball. But he takes the worst angles of anyone i have ever seen and therefore miss's way to many by not even getting a hand on them. He is ok in the box but open field he sucks.
Easily our worst starting DB last year. Stats might say other wise but the eye test proves the stats wrong.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you see what we had at FS last year with Matt Giordano??? Shocked

Young is actually an upgrade. How sad is that?

I actually heard the same thing about his angles. Hopefully being back with Dennis Allen and a fresh start can clean up some of those things.

But that's what stop gaps are for. To get you by until your youngsters are up to speed. And I doubt that we broke the bank for him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: