Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Keenan Allen is slow as Christmas.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Keenan Allen is slow as Christmas. Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000158580/article/cals-keenan-allen-clocks-471-475-in-40-per-mayock

Allen ran a 4.71 and 4.75 in the 40 yard dash. I'll pass on him, give me Justin Hunter.
calipurple

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Keenan Allen is slow as Christmas. Reply with quote

KeithVikings28 wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000158580/article/cals-keenan-allen-clocks-471-475-in-40-per-mayock

Allen ran a 4.71 and 4.75 in the 40 yard dash. I'll pass on him, give me Justin Hunter.

ill pass on both. give me Hopkins

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Keenan Allen just doesn't interest me. If he can't improve his time, there is absolutely no way he'll get any separation in the NFL...at all.

For all his ups and downs, I'm still on the Justin Hunter bandwagon. I think he has by far the highest ceiling out of all of the WRs. Perhaps even higher than Tavon Austin or Cordarrelle Patterson.

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our pick has to be Hopkins at 23. I think its a must

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Yeah, Keenan Allen just doesn't interest me. If he can't improve his time, there is absolutely no way he'll get any separation in the NFL...at all.

For all his ups and downs, I'm still on the Justin Hunter bandwagon. I think he has by far the highest ceiling out of all of the WRs. Perhaps even higher than Tavon Austin or Cordarrelle Patterson.

Right there with ya, Steelking. His floor is not as low as everyone says it is either. He did have 73 catches for over 1k yards in the SEC. His production matches his combine numbers. Hell, he caught more passes for more yards than AJ Green ever did at UGA and he had better combine numbers than him.
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
Our pick has to be Hopkins at 23. I think its a must

Hopkins is not a 1st round prospect. Nothing elite about him and he will fade away in the NFL. He's not faster, bigger, or can jump higher than DBs in the NFL.
chuck44

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been saying this all along about Allen....you can see on tape he has no speed...not to mention the injury concerns....I am a Hunter fan myself....even more of a Da'rick Rodgers fan in red 2 or 3
AP_allday2869

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been saying this for a while. Do not want.

Adopt a Viking:
Chris Cook: Tackles: 5 Ints: 0 BP: 1 Ejections:1

Bridgewater or Bust!
vikesfan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not the biggest Allen fan, but you guys need to realize that he isn't fully recovered from his knee injury and hasn't recovered his explosiveness. Even Mayock said he plays like a 4.55 guy on tape. Plus he isn't a guy who depends on speed to get open. He uses savvy route running and his body to fend off defenders. Yes 4.75 is an alarming time, but I wanna see him run healthy.

**Daboyle on the Sig**
arKnaD7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesfan wrote:
I'm not the biggest Allen fan, but you guys need to realize that he isn't fully recovered from his knee injury and hasn't recovered his explosiveness. Even Mayock said he plays like a 4.55 guy on tape. Plus he isn't a guy who depends on speed to get open. He uses savvy route running and his body to fend off defenders. Yes 4.75 is an alarming time, but I wanna see him run healthy.

That is my biggest concern. I have no issue with his ability to get open from the cut-ups I've seen, but he sprained his knee 5 months ago and isn't fully healthy. That is alarming.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesfan wrote:

Excuses, excuses. He is slow on film and ran slow= he's slow. He played in one of the weakest conferences with terrible defensive backs. He will not be able to separate at the next level. He will be a 500-800 yard WR, nothing special.
chuck44

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesfan wrote:

Healthy...this injury happened in october of last year...by all accounts he should have been back in 3-4 weeks...its been 6 months...something isnt right...either the injury was more severe than advertised or maybe he doesnt have the work ethic to rehab properly...either way I want nothing to do with this guy...
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty funny how at the combine he said he was training to run a 4.4 haha. On Game Changers, he compared himself to Anquan Boldin because he knew he was going to run slow and wanted teams to think he was speed deficient but physical. He is no where close to Boldin.
LoverInTheCold

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesfan wrote:

My concern here is that if he and his agent know he's not ready or recovered to run adequately, why do it at all? Just a dumb decision by all involved. Let the tape speak for itself and keep teams guessing.

It's been a long time since the injury, he should be healed by now and that horrid time is probably indicative of what you're going to get with him.

Not saying he doesn't have skills or can't be an asset to an NFL squad, but I'm starting to see shades of Michael Jenkins with him. And as with Jenkins/Atlanta, I fear that any team that touches him in the 1st round is going to end up regretting it.

Adopt-a-Viking: Rhett Ellison
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Keenan Allen is slow as Christmas. Reply with quote

calipurple wrote:
KeithVikings28 wrote:

ill pass on both. give me Hopkins

I'll pass on all three, give me Wheaton or Rogers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: