Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Steve Mariucci thinks we trade up in front of Jets and take Tyler Eifert. New England Patriots 2.0? For those that watched him more than I did, would he be the red zone threat that we are missing?

most certainly! Eifert's a guy that opened eyes at ND for shielding off and going up to snag the high tosses. (think he had a 37" vertical)

I mean, what happens if... knock knock... Vernon Davis got injured? Gotta force Boldin to play TE1? or Celek? Shocked

If we trade up in front of Jets, it better be for Eifert or Richardson, only because these have been my wants since January.

Long way to go and likely lots to give up to move to #12. I wouldn't really complain.. though I seem more inclined to wait till the 20's and then jump on a target. I just get this feeling that a really unexpected yet great prospect falls to the early 20's... I'd rather give up less to get in the 20's for a Datone Jones VS give up lots more to get in the 10-15 range for a Richardson.

What do you think Richardson does that would make him worth the 12th pick? (as opposed to a few others that may be available a bit later)

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Steve Mariucci thinks we trade up in front of Jets and take Tyler Eifert. New England Patriots 2.0? For those that watched him more than I did, would he be the red zone threat that we are missing?

most certainly! Eifert's a guy that opened eyes at ND for shielding off and going up to snag the high tosses. (think he had a 37" vertical)

I mean, what happens if... knock knock... Vernon Davis got injured? Gotta force Boldin to play TE1? or Celek? Shocked

If we trade up in front of Jets, it better be for Eifert or Richardson, only because these have been my wants since January.

Long way to go and likely lots to give up to move to #12. I wouldn't really complain.. though I seem more inclined to wait till the 20's and then jump on a target. I just get this feeling that a really unexpected yet great prospect falls to the early 20's... I'd rather give up less to get in the 20's for a Datone Jones VS give up lots more to get in the 10-15 range for a Richardson.

What do you think Richardson does that would make him worth the 12th pick? (as opposed to a few others that may be available a bit later)

If I were to just compare it as Richardson vs. Jones (who I also like, so I don't want it to sound like I don't), I would take Richardson for having a better motor, better use of hands, and better speed/agility. I'm also a bit nervous that Jones didn't really break out until this year, whereas Richardson was more of a constant in his two years at Mizzou (though just getting the starting job this year). The only issue I have with Richardson coming out directly is he needs to work on his upper body strength, but seeing as he'd be only in rotation for his first few years, there's plenty of time to do that.

Plus, we have good luck with Missouri boys..

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 21st All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #20, Warrick Dunn: 317
*Yards needed to enter Top 15: 1045
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ cool, y2.

Thought this was a good read.. I have this real unexplained crush on this dude being a 49er.

OSU Draft Pick - What You'll Get - Jordan Poyer

http://www.buildingthedam.com/football/2013/4/24/4262114/osu-draft-pick-what-youll-get-jordan-poyer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Less than 10 hours away from...

PULLING OUT OUR HAIR lol j/k guys.

but I am excited to see what happens tonight.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Vikings fan, wondering about trade possibilities... My idea:

23, 25, 155 (Total: 1509.4) for 31, 34, 61, 128 (Total: 1496)

I wouldn't like this trade as of this second, because it's impossible to know who's available...but if a guy like Eifert, Vaccaro, or Datone Jones were to fall to 23, or even fantastically - any 2 of the above, then that becomes a VERY intriguing prospect (I doubt Eifert or Vaccaro does, but anything can and does happen in the draft).

As oldman pointed out, we'd still get 4 top 100 players, and then 2 top 25, so if the right That woll candidates were there - sure. I'd lose a 2nd and swap a 4th for a 5th.

I'd do this in a heartbeat if we coould get vacaro and Eifert. That would fill our two biggest holes with the best guys available at those positions. I know i sound like a broken record but I think that Vacaro and Eifert are two of the most likely guys to become pro bowlers out of this years draft class.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

I don't buy that we are missing a "red zone threat". I honestly believe that's on our coaching staff and their playcalling more than our players (look at the super bowl) and even if hes healthy, they criminally underutilize VD there. Before harbaugh/roman, smith was one of the most efficient redzone qbs in the NFL, then that first year with them, it was a struggle and led to a ton of fgs. Last year, smith got it in line, but once we made the switch to kaep, who has an entirely different skill set, the play calling adjusted and our struggles were terrible. I think with that under our belt, and kaeps having more experience, hopefully we should get back to where we were in the first half of last year

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Vikings fan, wondering about trade possibilities... My idea:

23, 25, 155 (Total: 1509.4) for 31, 34, 61, 128 (Total: 1496)

personally, i wouldn't. Weirdly, just seems like a lot to give up to basically move up 8 and 9 spots in the draft. I don't know, maybe it's just because I don't see too many people using the trade chart anymore. Mainly though, there are only a couple of people i think we would be looking at that definitely wouldn't be available when we pick...but they will likely not be there at 23 or 25 either, so I wouldn't think we'd go for it. I guess it all really depends on the targets. I mean, if you move up for someone like Patterson, for example, is he really that much better than Hunter or Hopkins or Allen? Is Cyprien that much better than Reid, swearinger, etc? I just think the level of prospect you are getting at 23 or 25 is pretty much the exact same as you are getting at 31 and 34...but again, depends on who falls and who the team is targeting.

Oh c'mon, we swindled Cleveland last year to move up one spot ahead in the draft, and they gave away pretty much the middle of their draft. It can't be that bad. Laughing

If San Francisco sees someone they really like at #25, they should absolutely go for it. It won't cost them a whole lot, and perhaps Minnesota's guy is someone who's projected to go later in the draft (who I'm hoping is Justin Hunter).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Ian Rapoport Ian RapoportVerified account ‏@RapSheet

Sounds familiar. lol RT @JasonColeYahoo It increasingly sounds like SF wants a DL via trade up with Sheldon Richardson as likely target.

Same rumor but for some reason I get excited whenever our name is mentioned. Smile
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Quote:

Sounds familiar. lol RT @JasonColeYahoo It increasingly sounds like SF wants a DL via trade up with Sheldon Richardson as likely target.

Same rumor but for some reason I get excited whenever our name is mentioned. Smile

Another Missouri guy huh? they are gonna start calling that place NinerU!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Quote:

If we trade up for a D-Lineman Richardson is the one I want. I think he has the potential to be a Justin Smith/Haloti Ngata type of player. Pair him with Jim Tomsula and you have an All-Pro in the making.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
Forge

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Quote:

This would blow my well thought out theory on our trade up out of the water. Drat lol

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Quote:

Another Missouri guy huh? they are gonna start calling that place NinerU!

They're our farm team.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
I'd do this in a heartbeat if we coould get vacaro and Eifert. That would fill our two biggest holes with the best guys available at those positions. I know i sound like a broken record but I think that Vacaro and Eifert are two of the most likely guys to become pro bowlers out of this years draft class.

I'm with you - Sheldon Richardson/Tyler Eifert are my 1A/1B wants, and Kenny Vaccaro/Datone Jones are my 2A/2B wants. We have the ammunition to do so, so I hope one of them ends up on the team.

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 21st All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #20, Warrick Dunn: 317
*Yards needed to enter Top 15: 1045
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
Maiocco said he took his physical that day, but mentioned nothing about Stanford. While this guy was very specific that he was at Stanford at a specific time. And working for a fake newspaper...i dunno, thats an instant credibility loser. If he was legit why make that up?

I dunno, it just reeks of another Incarcerated Bob. Get 1 or 2 things right while ignoring the 100 wrong ones.

You very well may be right, but his reasoning was he wanted to hide his identity as he is a former scout. It didn't make much sense to me until I started following NFL Philosophy and he basically did the same. He said he couldn't reveal his identity nor tell anyone which team he has worked for as he plans to get back in the business.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tank Carridine failed a physical with the giants. might he drop to our pick 34?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19

Jump to: