Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forge

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
Ronnie's Pinky wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:
My thoughts are either Star or Sheldon. Whoever is still there at 13 and 14/wherever we trade.

Either Star or Sheldon would be tremendous. We shall see. I think the front office is definitely planning to take a safety no later than the 2nd round, but other than that, there should be a lot of flexibility. I doubt the FO sees any great pressing need to invest big in a NT or TE.

If the trade up rumor is true I am thinking the combo of Star or Sheldon + Reid or Vaccaro + Jones

I wouldn't mind trading up for Vaccaro and going with that second combination. He'd be a more natural fit with whitner for the time being, then maybe grabbing a duke williams later in the draft to be whitners replacement. I'm curious though, have we worked out or met with any of these guys? I forget which ones, but one of the Matts said that we have met with each one of our first round picks (and most seconds) in some form or fashion since Harbaugh came to town. If that is the case, and tradition holds, who have we met with who is projected to go that high outside of Austin, does anyone know? I haven't heard a peep out of us even looking at Vaccaro, not sure about Richardson or Star though.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
49ersfan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
I think we are better off just staying put or trading for future picks. I really don't mind us trading 31 if it nets us a first round pick from a team who will be picking int he top ten ish next year.

I think having 5 top 100 picks is a tremendous opportunity to add some talent. How often does that happen? I wouldn't discount the 3rd round either. Baalke has drafted NaVarro Bowman and Chris Culliver in that round. He's also drafted Kendall Hunter and Joe Looney in the 4th round. Baalke could find some difference makers with those picks this year, which is why i wouldn't trade them so easily. All of them are good players except for Looney, who is a TBD.

Of course, if the FO thinks someone is so special that they have to trade up for him, thats their call. But the thought of adding upto 5 potentially good players in the top 100, if Baalke can do his thing like in 2010 and 2011....we could really boost our young talent base once again.

I would personally prefer staying put, and maybe trading 31 or 34 for a future 1st+change. But its not upto me so w/e.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6

Last edited by 49ersfan on Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Psychlone

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:
Ronnie's Pinky wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:
My thoughts are either Star or Sheldon. Whoever is still there at 13 and 14/wherever we trade.

Either Star or Sheldon would be tremendous. We shall see. I think the front office is definitely planning to take a safety no later than the 2nd round, but other than that, there should be a lot of flexibility. I doubt the FO sees any great pressing need to invest big in a NT or TE.

If the trade up rumor is true I am thinking the combo of Star or Sheldon + Reid or Vaccaro + Jones

I wouldn't mind trading up for Vaccaro and going with that second combination. He'd be a more natural fit with whitner for the time being, then maybe grabbing a duke williams later in the draft to be whitners replacement. I'm curious though, have we worked out or met with any of these guys? I forget which ones, but one of the Matts said that we have met with each one of our first round picks (and most seconds) in some form or fashion since Harbaugh came to town. If that is the case, and tradition holds, who have we met with who is projected to go that high outside of Austin, does anyone know? I haven't heard a peep out of us even looking at Vaccaro, not sure about Richardson or Star though.
Barrows updates the list of players in the link below. Looking at the list, the only names that might require a trade other than Austin is Carradine. Gotta think that this list is incomplete though...
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/03/49ers-pre-draft-visit-tracker.html

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychlone wrote:
Forge wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:
Ronnie's Pinky wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:

Barrows updates the list of players in the link below. Looking at the list, the only names that might require a trade other than Austin is Carradine. Gotta think that this list is incomplete though...
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/03/49ers-pre-draft-visit-tracker.html

Thanks! thats handy.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^That's a total of 20...I think the 9ers may have been able to keep quiet about more prospect contact than in previous drafts because that seems to be a low number.

How much longer do we have to wait? Crying or Very sad
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on SportsCenter that the Jets' Rex Ryan was the lone NFL head coach in attendance at Houston CB D.J. Hayden's Monday Pro Day.
Hayden ran a 4.42 at his March Pro Day before suffering a hamstring injury during the workout, so he probably stood on that time. He did positional drills in front of NFL evaluators. Ryan's presence certainly suggests the Jets have interest in Hayden. He may be a candidate for one of their two first-rounders.

roto

culliver wrote:
14-2.

Losses @DEN @SEA

#1 seed

Superbowl
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
^That's a total of 20...I think the 9ers may have been able to keep quiet about more prospect contact than in previous drafts because that seems to be a low number.

How much longer do we have to wait? Crying or Very sad

speaking of visits, in 2011 and 2012 we did have some contact with Aldon, Kaep, Jenkins, and etc correct?

here is an updated list of our visits from walterfootball:

Jahleel Addae, DB, Central Michigan (PRI)
Keenan Allen, WR, California (COM)
Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia (PRI)
Jeff Baca, OL, UCLA (EW)
Tank Carradine, DL, Florida State (PRI)
Jonathan Cyprien, DB, Florida International (PRI)
Quinton Dial, DL, Alabama (PRI)
Zach Ertz%, TE, Stanford (PRO) (COM)
Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego State (PRO)
Josh Evans, DB, Florida (PRI)
Matt Furstenburg, TE, Maryland (PRI)
Tyrone Goard, WR, Eastern Kentucky (PRI)
Terry Hawthorne, DB, Illinois (EW)
D.J. Hayden, DB, Houston (PRI)
Gerald Hodges%, LB, Penn State (PRI) (EW)
John Jenkins, DL, Georgia (PRI)
Luke Joeckel, OL, Texas A&M (COM)
Travis Kelce%, TE, Cincinnati (PRI) (COM)
Zach Line%, RB, SMU (COM) (EW)
Luke Marquardt, OL, Azusa Pacific (PRI)
Tyrann Mathieu, DB, LSU (PRI)
Jordan Mills, OL, Louisiana Tech (PRI)
Sio Moore, LB, Connecticut (EW)
Zeke Motta, S, Notre Dame (EW)
Latavius Murray, RB, Central Florida (INT)
Lawrence Okoye, DL, England (PRI)
Ryan Otten, TE, San Jose State (PRI)
Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech (COM)
David Quessenberry, OL, San Jose State (PRI)
Eric Reid, DB, LSU (VINT)
Sheldon Richardson, DL, Missouri (COM)
Jamar Taylor, DB, Boise State (PRI)
Phillip Thomas, DB, Fresno State (SR)
Shamarko Thomas, S, Syracuse (EW)
Melvin White, CB, Louisiana Lafayette (EW)
Duke Williams, DB, Nevada (PRI)
Robert Woods, WR, USC (COM)

anyone want to guess which one is HIGHLY unlikely to be our first pick?

culliver wrote:
14-2.

Losses @DEN @SEA

#1 seed

Superbowl
49ersfan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for fun...Barrows reveals his draft crush. One Mr. Tank Carradine

Quote:
Yes, Carradine would be a risk. But if you're looking for a potentially great player at pick 31, you might have to take a gamble. Top 15 picks don't fall into the bottom 15 for no reason.

And Carradine fills a need. The 49ers' vaunted defense fell apart late last season when one of its front four defenders, Justin Smith, went down with a torn triceps and another, Aldon Smith, began dealing with a torn labrum. That double whammy had a ripple effect throughout the defense, especially in the secondary, which went from a Top 5 unit to a liability in the span of a month and a half.

One question is whether, at 6-5, 276 pounds, Carradine is best suited to be a 3-4 outside linebacker like Aldon Smith or a 3-4 defensive end like Justin Smith. The answer: Who cares? Over the last decade or so, the best 3-4 teams - Pittsburgh, Baltimore - have had a large stable of capable pass rushers, which came in handy when one or more of them moved on in free agency.

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/04/and-the-rose-goes-to-2013-draft-crush-revealed.html#storylink=cpy

I have a feeling we would have to make a trade up to get Carradine. I think he'll go very high, maybe shockingly high (top 15), just like Bruce Irvin last year.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
I think too many are relying on what our FO has done before. We should realize that absolutely ANYTHING can happen with those who make the decisions with regard to our picks. I can easily see us trading up--perhaps not for Ziggy Ansah--but there are many other DLs who will not make it to the 31st pick. If they like one of them enough to move up, they will. It may shock us how far they move up this year...especially if the target is not Ziggy but Star Lotulelei (no, I don't think we would trade to get the top overall pick at all).
I can also see us trading out/down. It just seems to me there might be a better chance of trading up if Harbaalke thinks we are just so close and see a player that can be key to a SB championship...

My guess is that we trade up, but for someone that many of us think will definitely be there at 31.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
I think too many are relying on what our FO has done before. We should realize that absolutely ANYTHING can happen with those who make the decisions with regard to our picks. I can easily see us trading up--perhaps not for Ziggy Ansah--but there are many other DLs who will not make it to the 31st pick. If they like one of them enough to move up, they will. It may shock us how far they move up this year...especially if the target is not Ziggy but Star Lotulelei (no, I don't think we would trade to get the top overall pick at all).
I can also see us trading out/down. It just seems to me there might be a better chance of trading up if Harbaalke thinks we are just so close and see a player that can be key to a SB championship...

My guess is that we trade up, but for someone that many of us think will definitely be there at 31.

Everyone expects the unexpected so much with Baalke that it would be funny if they get a guy projected to be picked around wherever we pick in round 1.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:

Everyone expects the unexpected so much with Baalke that it would be funny if they get a guy projected to be picked around wherever we pick in round 1.

At this point I don't even know who that is. we've all kinda been all over the place. Ertz, Jones, Cyprien, Reid, Swearinger, Jesse Williams, Hayden I think most of our predictions take the Baalke factor into account so there really is no player that I think we would be surprised about.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:

At this point I don't even know who that is. we've all kinda been all over the place. Ertz, Jones, Cyprien, Reid, Swearinger, Jesse Williams, Hayden I think most of our predictions take the Baalke factor into account so there really is no player that I think we would be surprised about.

Don't mind any of those guys except Jesse.

culliver wrote:
14-2.

Losses @DEN @SEA

#1 seed

Superbowl
49ersfan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No draft room camera this year

https://twitter.com/Eric_Branch/status/326555235302649856

Quote:
NFLN will have cameras in draft rooms of at least 15 teams, including 3 from NFC West. The #49ers declined the distraction, um, invitation.

We had it the last 3 years, not sure why we stopped this year. It was nice to watch their reactions during the draft.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:

Like Tank???

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
No draft room camera this year

https://twitter.com/Eric_Branch/status/326555235302649856

Quote:
NFLN will have cameras in draft rooms of at least 15 teams, including 3 from NFC West. The #49ers declined the distraction, um, invitation.

We had it the last 3 years, not sure why we stopped this year. It was nice to watch their reactions during the draft.

Maybe we plan to make more trades, and we don't want other teams to be able to see that there's something going at any given time. And lip-readers... if we're talking with some other team to try and gain leverage on a first one... if there's a camera, it might be possible to call our bluff. Secrecy for the win!

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 13 of 19

Jump to: