Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft II
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: 2013 Draft II Reply with quote

Please continue draft discussion here, thanks.

This was the last post.

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
NFL Films' Greg Cosell could see FIU's Johnathan Cyprien becoming the best S "in this draft class three or four years down the road."
Yes. Cyprien has been a section favorite since prior to the Senior Bowl, where he showed more range than was allowed at FIU due to his role as primarily a strong safety. "Even as a deep defender, Cyprien showed a very smooth back pedal, with the ability to plant and drive with burst and speed," Cosell writes. "I must admit I did not expect that. And his range as a single high safety, with his size and stride length, was outstanding."

roto

NFL Network's Mike Mayock timed Cal WR Keenan Allen's forties at 4.71 and 4.75 during the prospect's pro day workout.
Expect a wide variance of times from the pro day. Allen has dealt with a PCL injury during the pre-draft process, but doctors have said his knee is 100 percent, with the muscles surrounding it only around 75 percent. Allen's game isn't base don long speed, rather burst in and out of his breaks and toughness at the catch point.

roto

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allen looks to be a slow healer. Do you think we take a chance if he makes it to our last 2nd rounder?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Allen looks to be a slow healer. Do you think we take a chance if he makes it to our last 2nd rounder?

I am starting to wonder if he'll even be a second round pick but with our 61st pick, I would not mind.
Forge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

I am starting to wonder if he'll even be a second round pick but with our 61st pick, I would not mind.

If he makes it to the bottom of 2, I say we absolutely jump on him. We could use wr depth, especially for future seasons and yes far too talented. Sure, it may be a danaario Alexander situation where he's never healthy, but we are not risking a lot if he's picked in slot 61. He'd easily be BPA at 61, and the most talented option. This is where the ability to make a luxury pick comes in handy.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
49ersfan2152

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013 Draft II Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:

This was the last post.

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
NFL Films' Greg Cosell could see FIU's Johnathan Cyprien becoming the best S "in this draft class three or four years down the road."
Yes. Cyprien has been a section favorite since prior to the Senior Bowl, where he showed more range than was allowed at FIU due to his role as primarily a strong safety. "Even as a deep defender, Cyprien showed a very smooth back pedal, with the ability to plant and drive with burst and speed," Cosell writes. "I must admit I did not expect that. And his range as a single high safety, with his size and stride length, was outstanding."

roto

NFL Network's Mike Mayock timed Cal WR Keenan Allen's forties at 4.71 and 4.75 during the prospect's pro day workout.
Expect a wide variance of times from the pro day. Allen has dealt with a PCL injury during the pre-draft process, but doctors have said his knee is 100 percent, with the muscles surrounding it only around 75 percent. Allen's game isn't base don long speed, rather burst in and out of his breaks and toughness at the catch point.

roto

Adding this from roto about Swearinger

NFL Films' Greg Cosell writes South Carolina S D.J. Swearinger transitions "very well" to the NFL because of his positional versatility.
"He has significant experience at safety, both deep and in the box, slot corner and outside corner," Cosell writes. "He played man-to-man against Tennessee wide receiver Justin Hunter both outside and in the slot, and he ran with Hunter. You know what really stood out when he played man, especially over the slot; he understood how to play to his safety help over the top. He undercut routes, taking away the throwing lane for the quarterback. That’s great awareness. I do not often see that with college defensive backs."

gridiorngreat thnk you for the sig

Favorite Teams
Redsox, 49ers, Celtics, Uconn BB, Bruins, LSU FB
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Georgia NT John Jenkins visited the Tennessee Titans and will visit the San Francisco 49ers.
Jenkins is a wide body that could very much appeal to both teams. They are both looking to add girth on the defensive line and that's certainly what Jenkins offers at 338 pounds. They'll have some competitors though, as it appears that the Pittsburgh Steelers and New Orleans Saints have also shown interest in the Georgia nose tackle. He's expected to be a day two selection.

roto
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

If he makes it to the bottom of 2, I say we absolutely jump on him. We could use wr depth, especially for future seasons and yes far too talented. Sure, it may be a danaario Alexander situation where he's never healthy, but we are not risking a lot if he's picked in slot 61. He'd easily be BPA at 61, and the most talented option. This is where the ability to make a luxury pick comes in handy.

I wouldn't mind at 61 b/c he may not be there for us in the third. He will cover the WR depth and who knows maybe he'll be a steal. We could replace Anquan Boldin with an Anquan clone Twisted Evil
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013 Draft II Reply with quote

49ersfan2152 wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

This was the last post.

NcFinest9erFan wrote:

roto

roto

NFL Films' Greg Cosell writes South Carolina S D.J. Swearinger transitions "very well" to the NFL because of his positional versatility.
"He has significant experience at safety, both deep and in the box, slot corner and outside corner," Cosell writes. "He played man-to-man against Tennessee wide receiver Justin Hunter both outside and in the slot, and he ran with Hunter. You know what really stood out when he played man, especially over the slot; he understood how to play to his safety help over the top. He undercut routes, taking away the throwing lane for the quarterback. That’s great awareness. I do not often see that with college defensive backs."

So many safeties in this draft but which one or ones fits our team? or should I say which one(s) doesn't fit our team but eventually will?
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Forge wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

I wouldn't mind at 61 b/c he may not be there for us in the third. He will cover the WR depth and who knows maybe he'll be a steal. We could replace Anquan Boldin with an Anquan clone Twisted Evil

I think theres a strong possibility that Allen is there at 61. With guys like Hopkins, Patterson, Austin already ranked ahead of him there could be guys like Swope, Hunter, Rogers, Patton, Williams that jump him with his health and speed concerns.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
8. San Francisco 49ers -- WR Tavon Austin, WVU (trade with Bills)

The 49ers have the most picks of any team, with 13. Now, they could target a variety of prospects, but Austin is dynamite in the open field. Michael Crabtree frequently lined up in the slot, but Austin would create even more difficult matchups for any opposing defense.

Roto has us trading way up to get Austin.

Im assuming we'd have to give up (along with #31) #34 and #61 to move that high, right?

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/42987/344/april-9-mock-with-trades
rudyZ

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frisco$finest wrote:
Quote:
8. San Francisco 49ers -- WR Tavon Austin, WVU (trade with Bills)

The 49ers have the most picks of any team, with 13. Now, they could target a variety of prospects, but Austin is dynamite in the open field. Michael Crabtree frequently lined up in the slot, but Austin would create even more difficult matchups for any opposing defense.

Roto has us trading way up to get Austin.

Im assuming we'd have to give up (along with #31) #34 and #61 to move that high, right?

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/42987/344/april-9-mock-with-trades

If we're going to trade up for Austin, we might as well trade AJ Jenkins along with one of 31 or 34 and a later pick.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
SFaithful97

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013 Draft II Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
49ersfan2152 wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

This was the last post.

NcFinest9erFan wrote:

roto

roto

So many safeties in this draft but which one or ones fits our team? or should I say which one(s) doesn't fit our team but eventually will?
I like Swearinger for our team for the versatility mentioned in the post from roto. He has good coverage skills his experience at corner will have him better prepared to cover backs and TEs. He can lay the wood, and play the run well also. I think he has a great all around game and with solid coaching can turn into a top safety in the NFL. Not to mention that his diverse skill set allows us to go any direction we please when selecting another safety either in this draft or in future years to replace Whitner, because Swearinger could play at either spot if needed.

MAC DRE wrote:
I'd rather have young Wagner and Wright going forward than Willis and Bowman.
BUzzzard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im a big fan of trading up for Vaccaro, who looks like the real deal after watching a bit of his film, and accumulating picks for next years draft at the same time. Frankly, this draft class sucks so getting some pick for a future class may be more valuable to our team considering that we already have one of the most talented rosters in the NFL.
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUzzzard wrote:
Im a big fan of trading up for Vaccaro, who looks like the real deal after watching a bit of his film, and accumulating picks for next years draft at the same time. Frankly, this draft class sucks so getting some pick for a future class may be more valuable to our team considering that we already have one of the most talented rosters in the NFL.

Watch him against West Virginia if you want to be even more convinced

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
BUzzzard wrote:

Watch him against West Virginia if you want to be even more convinced
That play he made on Tavon was enough to convince me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 1 of 19

Jump to: