Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The UnAuthorized Story of Matt Flynn in Seattle *Great Read*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Django

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: The UnAuthorized Story of Matt Flynn in Seattle *Great Read* Reply with quote

http://www.hawkblogger.com/2013/04/the-unauthorized-story-of-matt-flynn-in.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+HawkBlogger+%28Hawk+Blogger%29

Quote:
History is written by the victors. Matt Flynn will exit the Seahawks roster hoping for an opportunity to finally grab the quill. The accepted narrative of his time in Seattle will be that he was the high-priced free agent signing brought in to start for the Seahawks who was beaten out by an irrepressible rookie. Part of that is true. Much of it is not. I am here to share the story as I witnessed it. The portability demands of a good story require much of the detail and complexities to be removed. Collapsing the story of Matt Flynn in Seattle to 140 characters would rob it of the texture that makes it such a telling tale of life in the NFL. Opportunity and success are fleeting, and the factors that contribute to them are ever-shifting. The path to glory may only open for an instant. Supremely gifted players often find the path is paved. Players like Flynn, the ones whose talent is not as easily discerned, face a gauntlet. They are not to be pitied. Many would gladly take their place. The NFL image is built on the shoulders of superstars that are analyzed and publicized without pause. Yet, it is the untold stories of players on the edge of glory that often merit a second look. This is one such story.

Great read about Flynn in Seattle. With that said....I do think he was cutting Flynn a little too much slack. It also makes me think of the Raiders QB situation last year and how Pryor outplaying Leinart in Pre Season may have meant more to a coach like Pete Carroll.

But the main point is....Flynn didnt lay an egg. He barely lost the job and it really was Pete being unconventional that greatly helped Russell Wilson. Credit to him for sticking with a young QB who struggled early though.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good read!
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely a good read. But funny how people want to ding Flynn for not "beating" Wilson for the job.

But whatever. He has another chance to show his skills. Let's see what he does with it.

Raider X hooked me with the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: