Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams/Redskins trade a year later; who won?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

On this date. Who won the Rams/Redskins trade from last year?
Redskins
83%
 83%  [ 15 ]
Rams
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Push
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 18

turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Rams/Redskins trade a year later; who won? Reply with quote

Who won?

This was a topic today on the Danny and Holden show in 106.7 because in the St Louis Dispatch Sam Bradford said the Rams won the trade.

Danny said the Redskins won the trade. They won the division with RG3, he was rookie of the year and he brought so many great things on the field, off the field and monetarily to the Redskins. Danny did believe both teams benefited but the Redskins won because Rg3 will be better than the other players the Rams have gotten and will get in the trade.

Holden said it was a push because both teams benefited and the Rams did not need a qb because they had Bradford already and didnt need a qb. They got a starting DT (Brockers), a starting CB (Jenkins), Isaiah Pead and have two more 1st round picks from us by trading the 2nd overall pick to us last year. The Rams certainly have benefited from the trade.

At first I was agreeing with Holden, but Danny Sold me when he agreed the Rams benefited but sold how we benefited more than the Rams. One great, franchise player is better than a few good players in my eyes.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins made the playoffs in their first year with a myriad of injuries and won 7 straight.

I think that means we won the trade.

The Rams will not make the playoffs this year with the Niners and Seahawks ahead of them. And we may not either, but initially we won the trade because we had a better season.

Only time will tell when one of us, if ever, raises the Lombardi again.

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We won't know who "Won" this trade for another 3/5 or even 10 years. The Rams have an extra first this year, and and extra first next year. If they are the class of the NFL in 5 years, it won't be hard to say they won the trade.

Right now it's easy to say the Redskins won the trade because we all saw RGIII last season, but until the Rams "Picks" turn into tangible "Players" and we see what those players can do over the course of a few seasons.

In all honesty, the best way to decide who "won" is to wait until RGIII retires and the Rams guys retire and look at the body of their work.

I still voted Redskins, but that was the Homer in me!

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ahhhh the old "unnamed source". It's been way too long, my very credible friend!
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinsfanLA wrote:
We won't know who "Won" this trade for another 3/5 or even 10 years. The Rams have an extra first this year, and and extra first next year. If they are the class of the NFL in 5 years, it won't be hard to say they won the trade.

Right now it's easy to say the Redskins won the trade because we all saw RGIII last season, but until the Rams "Picks" turn into tangible "Players" and we see what those players can do over the course of a few seasons.

In all honesty, the best way to decide who "won" is to wait until RGIII retires and the Rams guys retire and look at the body of their work.

I still voted Redskins, but that was the Homer in me!

Great answer ..
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Push. Win-win for both franchises. Ask fans from either team if they would do the trade again if they had a chance, "in a heartbeat" would be the answer from both sides.

mike23md on the sig!
rizzy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this technically works but I would say the Redskins because if the Rams traded Bradford and drafted RGIII I think they would be in a better situation than they are now.
NHL-Capitals
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rizzy wrote:
I don't know if this technically works but I would say the Redskins because if the Rams traded Bradford and drafted RGIII I think they would be in a better situation than they are now.
If you're forced to answer who's the winner at this point this is probably the answer. A talented QB trumps anything else in the NFL. The appropriate answer is probably that both teams benefitted from the trade.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 46 tackles, 9 PD, 2 FF, 2 TFL, 1 INT
Jordan Reed - 36 catches, 377 rec yards
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rizzy wrote:
so true and I love skinsfanLAs response also. Great responses you two

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rizzy wrote:

It does technically work.

The Rams had an offer on the table by the Cleveland Browns for a 1st & 2nd rd pick for Bradford. http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2013/02/rams-could-have-had-rg3-and-richardson-if-they-traded-bradford/ OR http://www.espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=796

And I agree, rizzy.
I think the smart move would have been to move Bradford and that ridiculous salary and just taken RG3 @#2.

With RG3 as a weapon for that Offense, he could have made them much more respectable even without good WR's. Not to mention Fischer leading the charge for that Defense.

Look what RG3 did for our offense in just his rookie season. Turned us from an inept offense for years to the #4 scoring team in the NFL in pts average. (27.6 pg)

Then they could have used their extra picks from the Bradford trade to upgrade team.
I've been preaching this for over a year now.

And I haven't even brought up the fact that they play on that artificial turf where speed, kills.
That team would have been a powerhouse with RG3.

Just like we're going to be, soon. Cool

Rams screwed up...bad. (imo)

The Ram won't probably realize they screwed up, until the 2015 season though.
They have 2 firsts this draft and in 2014.

If their not competing for a playoff spot by then, they will know it & Bradford will probably be gone as well. (And possibly GM Les Snead)

We will know who truly won this trade, by the beginning of the 2015 season.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceinthehouse wrote:
rizzy wrote:

The Rams had an offer on the table by the Cleveland Browns for a 1st & 2nd rd pick for Bradford. http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2013/02/rams-could-have-had-rg3-and-richardson-if-they-traded-bradford/ OR http://www.espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=796

And I agree, rizzy.
I think the smart move would have been to move Bradford and that ridiculous salary and just taken RG3 @#2.

With RG3 as a weapon for that Offense, he could have made them much more respectable even without good WR's. Not to mention Fischer leading the charge for that Defense.

Look what RG3 did for our offense in just his rookie season. Turned us from an inept offense for years to the #4 scoring team in the NFL in pts average. (27.6 pg)

Then they could have used their extra picks from the Bradford trade to upgrade team.

And I haven't even brought up the fact that they play on that artificial turf where speed, kills.

If their not competing for a playoff spot by then, they will know it & Bradford will probably be gone as well. (And possibly GM Les Snead)

Ace, Bradford is untradeable due to his contract. The cap hit would have been so high it would probably have forced the Rams to cut people.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 46 tackles, 9 PD, 2 FF, 2 TFL, 1 INT
Jordan Reed - 36 catches, 377 rec yards
taylormade

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins, and its not even close. Sam Bradford is awful, but people will always defend him for not having talent around him... Who did Matt Ryan and Cam Newton have on their team that is so much better?

"Ryan Torrain has more yards than both Larry Johnson and FWP put together!" - Me, Bold Predictions Thread, May 4th 2010
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taylormade wrote:
Redskins, and its not even close. Sam Bradford is awful, but people will always defend him for not having talent around him... Who did Matt Ryan and Cam Newton have on their team that is so much better?

Well... not the greatest comparison, but Matt Ryan has Roddy White, Julio Jones, and Tony Gonzalez around him. Newton has Jonathan Stewart, DeAngelo Williams, and Steve Smith. Sam Bradford literally has nobody as talented as any of those 6, IMO.
Duke Ihenacho: IR
Ryan Clark: 64 tackles, 1 INT, 2 PDefs, .5 sacks
Logan Paulsen: 11 catches, 63 yards, 1 TD
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
taylormade wrote:

Well... not the greatest comparison, but Matt Ryan has Roddy White, Julio Jones, and Tony Gonzalez around him. Newton has Jonathan Stewart, DeAngelo Williams, and Steve Smith. Sam Bradford literally has nobody as talented as any of those 6, IMO.
damn, beat me to it. Lol

The Panthers also have Greg Olsen.

That being said, it's beyond time for Bradford to put up or shut up. At this point he hasn't been anything but average and he hasn't lifted his team up to anything great which is what you expect a #1 pick to do.

skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceinthehouse wrote:
rizzy wrote:

And I agree, rizzy.

This is the put up or shut up year for Bradford, but Les Snead is going to stay for another few after the trade he pulled off from us.

If Bradford doesn't perform like a premiere QB next season, the Rams have a plethora of first round picks next draft to trade into a spot that will get them one of the top QB prospects in 2014.

They missed out on a really special player in RGIII, but they have the ability to turn our first and their first next season into a top QB next year, or, if they like someone coming out in 2015. They can trade a first next year for a first and 3rd or 4th the year after and still have the power to move up in 2015.

They have a ton of ability to make moves over the next few years because we gave them the three firsts for the RGIII slot.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ahhhh the old "unnamed source". It's been way too long, my very credible friend!
Dashing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank u skinsLA^^^^

The rams havent even draftes yet with ome of our picks as well as them goinf 7-6-1 they where pretty good. Ill judge in 2 more years but rams will have a ton of talent and picks.
:The dashing hates rg3/jim Haslett/the OL/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: