Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

rolando mcclain
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dsypha

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: rolando mcclain Reply with quote

Hes on the waiver wire bills should really consider bringing him in very young okay in coverage some character issues been arrested a couple of times was a very pic worth a try pair him with Lawson and are linebacking core would be going in the right direction what u think
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McClain is a 2 down LB in today's NFL. He's an old school thumper. He is best off in a 3-4 so he can hide his flaws.
TommyC376

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a bad football player and a bad person.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slow, takes the worst angles in the NFL, can't shed blocks for the life of him, misses the gap constantly, no anticipation, only plays hard when he wants too, and an awful human being.

Why on EARTH would we bring him in to this team? Just because he was a top 10 pick doesn't make him talented.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Slow, takes the worst angles in the NFL, can't shed blocks for the life of him, misses the gap constantly, no anticipation, only plays hard when he wants too, and an awful human being.

Why on EARTH would we bring him in to this team? Just because he was a top 10 pick doesn't make him talented.

I wouldn't even wish him on any arena team! Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don;t even need to read the OP.

NO ten ways till Sunday.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why people say No? Do the bills have a solid LB corps? NO. Do the bills need help at this position? Yes. To bring him in for the right price and see what he can do to help them why not? I dont see what the big deal is, Beggers cant be choosers and the bills neeed ILB help. Worst case scenario the bills dont like his off field issues or on field play they cut him. Low risk high reward

Thanks Max
billzz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he is great friends with Marcell Dareus and Mark Anderson

it might be good for him

i wouldn't be against bringing Rolando to Buffalo at all..

like previously stated low risk high reward.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually have no problem with our LB corp atm.

Lawson, Sheppard, Bradham is not awful by any means and Shep/Bradham should only improve going into years 3 and 2 respectively.

When we are in the 3-4 I love our LB corps even more with Lawson and Mario as our OLB and Shep/Bradham as ILB.

We need depth no doubt but I would MUCH rather take a guy in the draft 3-7 then take McClain who has had his chance in this league. I am not one for rewarding players who didn't/don't take the league/game seriously.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why the bills cant draft a player and bring in Mcclain outside of Nigel, Shep and lawson the bills dont have any depth and both shep and nigel were bad in the run game. Bring him in for competition, dont see pa roblem with doing that. I would also like to see the bills bring in karlos dansby too. They need interior guys.

Thanks Max
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We shouldn't bring in McClain because he's a terrible football player.

AGAIN, just because he was a high pick doesn't make him talented.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
We shouldn't bring in McClain because he's a terrible football player.

AGAIN, just because he was a high pick doesn't make him talented.

Yes, at the end of the day, being a asshat doesn't keep him off NFL teams. He's not getting interest from most because he was never a good NFL caliber LB to begin with! And if a guy can't play, why bother with all the other baggage as well?!?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure where your getting your info but the guy was just waved and went through the waiver wire untouched cause of the contract. 3 teams are already in the hunt to sign him. The guy has talent and could come cheap. Hopefully the bills look at him and every LB in free agency since they need help in that position they were ranked almost dead last in defense for a reason last year so something isn't working

Thanks Max
dsypha

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure where your getting your info but the guy was just waved and went through the waiver wire untouched cause of the contract. 3 teams are already in the hunt to sign him. The guy has talent and could come cheap. Hopefully the bills look at him and every LB in free agency since they need help in that position they were ranked almost dead last in defense for a reason last year so something isn't working

Exactly
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:

To the bolded:
1) Disagree. Unfortunately, because of where I live, I have to see every stupid Raiders game...as mentioned above, he takes terrible angles and rarely is in the right position to make a play in the first place. Both of these issues are about basic technique. If he hasn't gotten a hang of the basics by now...well, you know the rest. Expecting changes here sounds like wishful thinking IMO.

2) He'd better.

3) I'd say there was more than one reason for the poor performance. Scheme, skill set of players, and compatibility of scheme to players for starters. Judging from last year's LB performance, we do need serious upgrades in personnel. However, because the scheme is switching (to a predominantly 3-4 alignment) as well, some of those players are going to be better fits, thus giving us an upgrade without even changing personnel. Specifically, I'm thinking about Moats and Sheppard, who had athletic shortcomings that were totally exposed in Wanny's 4-3. Now maybe you don't see those 2 as starters, but they should be good depth guys at ILB for us at the least. Though I'd like to see at least one more OLB acquired (hopefully in draft) to go along with Manny Lawson and Brian Smith, who I can't imagine is anything more than a camp body/practice squad guy. If we do look to further upgrade the ILB's, we'd need someone with far better coverage skills than what McClain (and Sheppard & Moats) have, plus they'd still need to understand gap integrity. Again, both issues with McClain.

Long story short, I'm not interested in putting lipstick on that pig and pretending he'd upgrade our team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: