Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski now healthy after 4th procedure
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ketchup

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Maybe stop shirtless wrestling/dancing....
Ill ask again, is there any proof or even an inkling that this was at all related to his partying stuff?

Kempes on the custom sig!
BP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Ill ask again, is there any proof or even an inkling that this was at all related to his partying stuff?
It's a problem, regardless.
BP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
smetana34 wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
He's turning into the Bob Sanders of Tight Ends. Highly talented, but is starting to miss considerable time due to injuries.

...he's only missed 5 games in his 3 years. All of them this year. Hardly anything like Sanders at this point.

To be fair, he missed half of the AFCCG last year and while he played, was extremely limited in the Super Bowl.

And in addition to the 5 games in the regular season this year, he also missed the two playoff games (at least 0 targets against HOU), so essentially 7 total.
And those playoff games were huge. If he was healthy enough to play the way he usually plays, the Pats more than likely win those games IMO.
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

Probably not, at least none I've heard. It's logical to think that if he was taking better care of his health he wouldnt be getting infections though.

Quote:
Well, I'm the President of the Howdy Doody Circus Army!
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Rosenhaus on WSVN-7 on Gronk: "I'm not sure what's going to happen... There's no surgery scheduled, and we're not sure he's gonna need one"

http://twitter.com/BenVolinPBP/statuses/321105496541110272

Quote:
On report that Gronk could miss start of season, Rosenhaus said "that type of speculation is way off. No determinations have been made"

[urlhttp://twitter.com/BenVolinPBP/statuses/321105906152640512[/url]
Tom Brady Tribute
tom cody

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devastating to hear this, Gronk's 1 of the best tight ends in the game, to bad he always seems to be injured.
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gronk is not injury prone. Gronk takes some hits that would break another player in half. His arm was broken and he rushed back exposing himself to another injury and subsequent infection. He is still very young and I don't see this altering his long term value.

Lets all be honest Gronk went down during fantasy football playoffs which is why he is now being labeled as injury prone. I know because I was a victim. Luckilly Dez was sitting on my bench and just happened to catch fire right when Gronky Kong went down.

I don't worry so much about him not being healed by season start, I'd worry about him not being able to put the weight training in for this season. Gronk will probably have a slow start to the year and with the Patriots now missing Welker I am left wondering who will be the golden boys chosen one to have a huge start to the season.

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't Gronk labeled as injury prone coming out of the draft? I heard that's why Baltimore passed on him, and as it stands right now I think they made the right choice to not draft this guy, especially not in the 1st round.

All the talent in the world, but if you can't stay on the field, it's worthless.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Wasn't Gronk labeled as injury prone coming out of the draft? I heard that's why Baltimore passed on him, and as it stands right now I think they made the right choice to not draft this guy, especially not in the 1st round.

All the talent in the world, but if you can't stay on the field, it's worthless.

The guy played every single game in his career the first two seasons and last season, his 3rd, he played 11 more missing just 5 in the regular season and 1 in the playoffs and you want to use that very small amount of games [6 out of 54 possible games] as the reason to why you're ok with the Ravens screwing up when they passed on him? [if what you said is even true that they wanted to draft but passed for medical reasons] ok...

Also didn't the Ravens traded down from the first round and used the 2nd round pick that they got in the trade on LB Sergio Kindle who isn't on the team or for that matter, the league anymore?

Despite missing 5 regular season games last season, Gronkowski still scored 11 TDs, giving him at least 10 each season, and in 2011 he set single season records for TE in yards with 1,327 and TDs with 18 total, it's way too soon for anyone label him anything like injury prone, Gronkowski is one of the tougher players in the league.
Tom Brady Tribute
PatriotsWin!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Baltimore didn't pass on him b/c of injury issues, the Pats traded up one spot ahead of them to take him. Reports were the Ravens were set to take him, but of course they deny that now (who wouldn't). Funny thing is the Ravens then proceeded to take Kindle who had a destroyed knee and narcolepsy issues.

But anyway, Gronk's issue was he had back surgery, but that was an injury that was not suppose to affect him moving forward, and it hasn't. The arm breaking was just an unfortunately accident, it wasn't related to to the injury in college.

Oh and Gronk has only missed 5 games in his 3 seasons, lets not act like he's never on the field.

Mack on the sig
incognito_man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

He had back issues in college, had surgery and it was a concern, yes.
WillysWonka

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BP wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
It's a problem, regardless.

yes these multimillionaire good-looking young athletes should not be able to have fun Rolling Eyes
how is it a problem?
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the infection is from after he hurt his arm the second time, in the playoffs. Stinks he can't catch a break with this, but I still think he will be a force next season.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatriotsWin! wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Baltimore didn't pass on him b/c of injury issues, the Pats traded up one spot ahead of them to take him. Reports were the Ravens were set to take him, but of course they deny that now (who wouldn't). Funny thing is the Ravens then proceeded to take Kindle who had a destroyed knee and narcolepsy issues.

But anyway, Gronk's issue was he had back surgery, but that was an injury that was not suppose to affect him moving forward, and it hasn't. The arm breaking was just an unfortunately accident, it wasn't related to to the injury in college.

Oh and Gronk has only missed 5 games in his 3 seasons, lets not act like he's never on the field.

The story is that the Ravens liked Gronk, but the spinal stenosis dropped him on their boards. I personally think we'd have taken him in the 2nd if the Pats didn't. That said, Kindle's knee checked out with doctors and the narcolepsy was treated with medication -- neither causing long-term issues. The issue with Kindle was being an idiot which effectively destroyed his career, not his medical issues.

I don't think Gronk is "injury prone" personally because I reserve that label for guys who consistently miss games. Gronk had a freak injury last year in the playoffs against the Ravens, and then another one this season and rushed back before he should have and missed the playoffs. And while technically he played in the game against Houston this past year in the playoffs, it's most certainly not very fair to exclude that from the list of missed games considering his impact on the game.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
PatriotsWin! wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

The story is that the Ravens liked Gronk, but the spinal stenosis dropped him on their boards. I personally think we'd have taken him in the 2nd if the Pats didn't. That said, Kindle's knee checked out with doctors and the narcolepsy was treated with medication -- neither causing long-term issues. The issue with Kindle was being an idiot which effectively destroyed his career, not his medical issues.

I don't think Gronk is "injury prone" personally because I reserve that label for guys who consistently miss games. Gronk had a freak injury last year in the playoffs against the Ravens, and then another one this season and rushed back before he should have and missed the playoffs. And while technically he played in the game against Houston this past year in the playoffs, it's most certainly not very fair to exclude that from the list of missed games considering his impact on the game.

Rob Gronkowski didn't have spinal stenosis tho. I don't know how that rumor got started. One of his discs had a protrusion on it that was touching his spinal cord, the doctors "shaved" off this protrusion and said it shouldn't effect him going forward. He checked out fine on every medical test.

Mack on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: