Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pollard's View On Griffin
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dionysus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Pollard's View On Griffin Reply with quote

I have to admit that I damn near bust a gut when I read the title. Although I seriously doubt it, I hope like Hell that Pollard is right. That would be so lovely if we could get so much as half of that production from Griffin.

http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2013/04/05/pollard-griffin-reminds-me-of-reed/
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pollard is a comedian during the offseason as well.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Pollard is a comedian during the offseason as well.

Totally agree. That had to be material for his standup routine. Laughing
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Michael Griffin only had to worry about playing center field when Hope was in his prime with us, he was somewhat similar to Ed Reed.

He didn't have to worry about doing anything other than dropping back deep when Hope was here(and actually playing well). He excelled at that.

When he has to worry about doing everything else a safety is supposed to be good at, he's trash. Hopefully Pollard can play that Hope role again and Griffin can return to his ball hawk form.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
When Michael Griffin only had to worry about playing center field when Hope was in his prime with us, he was somewhat similar to Ed Reed.

He didn't have to worry about doing anything other than dropping back deep when Hope was here(and actually playing well). He excelled at that.

When he has to worry about doing everything else a safety is supposed to be good at, he's trash. Hopefully Pollard can play that Hope role again and Griffin can return to his ball hawk form.

Difference is, we actually had a great pass-rush and a D that could stop the run. Sure Hope helped but that front 4 of KVB, Haynesworth(mainly just him), Brown, and Kearse made that defense. We need that dominant DT again which I don't feel we have. Casey would be a great compliment like Brown was. I do think Griffin will benefit a lot from the Pollard signing but the D-Line is what makes a defense.
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:

False... when Albert haynesworth was sitting on qbs, being the most dominant defensively force in the league, and giving us a rockstsr pass rush, griffin was an all-pro. Outside of a handful of games where they played him closer to the line, hes been the centerfielder his whole career. He just has no instincts. here's to hoping an improved pass rush helps him live up to that mistake of a contract he signed last season

**RIP Steve McNair**
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

False... when Albert haynesworth was sitting on qbs, being the most dominant defensively force in the league, and giving us a rockstsr pass rush, griffin was an all-pro. Outside of a handful of games where they played him closer to the line, hes been the centerfielder his whole career. He just has no instincts. here's to hoping an improved pass rush helps him live up to that mistake of a contract he signed last season

Haynesworth obviously played a huge part in it(as did the rest of the d-line), Griffin wasn't asked to do anything else. Ever since Hope went down hill, we tried to ask Griffin to become an all-around safety, something he wasn't capable of. It's been like this since towards the middle/end of the 09 season.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just move Griffin back to CB. How bad could it be? Laughing
TitanMan30

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griffin is a hot and cold player. When things are going right he will excel and wow you. When we are bad Griffin will look like the reason we are so. Hes not a physical guy and appears to always take bad angles. I dont mind the organization signing him to that contract extension because I know what he is capable of when we are good. When he is not expected to carry the defense he is an above average playmaker. He's the same guy in the NFL as he was at Texas. Problem is he hasnt been surrounded with the talent like he was in 08. Should Star or Sharrif Floyd fall to ten our defense will improve and so will Griffin.
TT4Life7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griffin's inability to make a tackle far out weighs his ability to sometimes make a play in coverage. If a receiver makes a play down field and Griffin is the last player standing between him and the goal line, its going for 6.

If the pass rush can improve, and he's only asked to play center field he may have an above average year in coverage, but I don't think we'll ever see the same player he was in '08.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Ruskie faint? Griffin compared to Ed Reed?? Ruskies gonna need alot of napkins after that statement

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 3 Tackles

Ropati Pitoitua: 5 Tackles 1 Assist 1 Sack
Dionysus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was supposed to be the guy that we drafted. What happened to him? Where did he go? Is there a chance that he could ever resurface?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tK2D4ifvtg

Dude's hitting, making 1-on-1 tackles, NOT getting trucked over, taking GOOD angles, looking like an actual Safety. Maybe we need to switch his number back to #27. I'm sure Eddie wouldn't mind.

ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
This was supposed to be the guy that we drafted. What happened to him? Where did he go? Is there a chance that he could ever resurface?

Dude's hitting, making 1-on-1 tackles, NOT getting trucked over, taking GOOD angles, looking like an actual Safety. Maybe we need to switch his number back to #27. I'm sure Eddie wouldn't mind.

I still say the shoulder injury played a factor in it. He seems scared to hit anymore. Either that or he's scared to lose money by taking a fine from helmet-to-helmet.
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

I still say the shoulder injury played a factor in it. He seems scared to hit anymore. Either that or he's scared to lose money by taking a fine from helmet-to-helmet.

Bingo, I've always thought the same. He hasn't been the same player since he dislocated his shoulder. That was when the embarrassing missed tackles started too.

**RIP Steve McNair**
Dionysus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

Bingo, I've always thought the same. He hasn't been the same player since he dislocated his shoulder. That was when the embarrassing missed tackles started too.

If he's afraid of hurting himself, then he's done. He's nothing more than damaged goods.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: