Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GB Detailed Cap Prospectus (Updated 5/20/2014)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rbens06

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like our rookie pool took a big jump based on the three extra guys, but the camp jump when it's all said and done might be minimal based on who makes it.

http://overthecap.com/the-financial-impacts-of-the-draft-day-trades/
RashaanSalaami

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbens06 wrote:
Looks like our rookie pool took a big jump based on the three extra guys, but the camp jump when it's all said and done might be minimal based on who makes it.

http://overthecap.com/the-financial-impacts-of-the-draft-day-trades/

He beat me to it. Seems about right, but more important figure is how much we added in Signing Bonus which isn't that much. We won't keep all of these draft picks and even if we do, they should (for the most part) come at the expense of more pricy players in which case we'll actually end up saving a little.

Thanks for posting this. Ill have an update for everyone by today.
RashaanSalaami

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I made some projections for our rookies, which should be fairly accurate to bring us to our new cap space of $13,679,409.75. HOWEVER, this figure does not include Aaron Rodgers' extension, the details of which are a bit too vague for me to make a projection.

I don't wanna go ahead and include undrafted free agents quite yet for a number of reasons, but particularly because most will be minimums without bonuses and shouldn't have an impact on the bottom line/top 51. More importantly, it's tough to say who was signed and who was brought in as a tryout.
RashaanSalaami

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Cap Numbers including Aaron Rodgers contract (spreadsheet and front page updated).

'13: $11.9M
'14: $18.7M
'15: $49.4M
'16: $76.6M
justo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if there is a link, but can someone send me to where the rollovers of the cap are explained? Does all of it roll over? What about cap that rolled over from 2012, can it be rolled over as well?
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dumb question, but the 11 mil we have this year, does that carry over into next year?

Shanedorf wrote:
I'm a little surprised you didn't pick up on that given your unquestioned expertise in psychologically assessing people you've never even met.

PSN: ShiiNyIV
dijatool

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
I'm not sure if there is a link, but can someone send me to where the rollovers of the cap are explained? Does all of it roll over? What about cap that rolled over from 2012, can it be rolled over as well?

Page 96 of the CBA...

Article 13...

(v) Carrying Over Room. A Club may "carry over" Room from one League Year to the following League Year by submitting notice in writing signed by the owner to the NFL no later than fourteen (14) days prior to the start of the next League Year indicating the maximum amount of Room that the Club wishes to carry over. The NFL shall prompdy provide a copy of any such notice to the NFLPA. The amount of Room carried over will be adjusted downward based on the final Room available after the year-end reconciliation

After that there is some language that allows a negative value to be rolled over in case the final accounting exceeds the cap.
RashaanSalaami

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
Dumb question, but the 11 mil we have this year, does that carry over into next year?

justo wrote:

From the CBA:

CBA wrote:
(v) A Club may "carry over" Room from one League Year to the following League Year by submitting notice in writing signed by the owner to the NFL no later than fourteen (14) days prior to the start of the next League Year indicating the maximum amount of Room that the Club wishes to carry over. The NFL shall promptly provide a copy of any such notice to the NFLPA. The amount of Room carried over will be adjusted downward based on the final Room available after the year-end reconciliation.

I'm far from an expert, but in short, yes. Teams may carry over space in every year of the Collective Bargaining Agreement. HOWEVER, keep in mind that between 2013-2016 and 2017-2020, teams must SPEND at a minimum, 89% of the Salary Cap, so you can't just roll over a ton and have $250 million in cap space in, say 2018.

My numbers DO NOT INCLUDE any carry over from 2014 forward. I think the numbers have more value presented this way.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dijatool wrote:
justo wrote:

Page 96 of the CBA...

Article 13...

(v) Carrying Over Room. A Club may "carry over" Room from one League Year to the following League Year by submitting notice in writing signed by the owner to the NFL no later than fourteen (14) days prior to the start of the next League Year indicating the maximum amount of Room that the Club wishes to carry over. The NFL shall prompdy provide a copy of any such notice to the NFLPA. The amount of Room carried over will be adjusted downward based on the final Room available after the year-end reconciliation

After that there is some language that allows a negative value to be rolled over in case the final accounting exceeds the cap.

Guess that answers my question too Very Happy

Shanedorf wrote:
I'm a little surprised you didn't pick up on that given your unquestioned expertise in psychologically assessing people you've never even met.

PSN: ShiiNyIV
blankman0021

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:

justo wrote:

From the CBA:

CBA wrote:
(v) A Club may "carry over" Room from one League Year to the following League Year by submitting notice in writing signed by the owner to the NFL no later than fourteen (14) days prior to the start of the next League Year indicating the maximum amount of Room that the Club wishes to carry over. The NFL shall promptly provide a copy of any such notice to the NFLPA. The amount of Room carried over will be adjusted downward based on the final Room available after the year-end reconciliation.

I'm far from an expert, but in short, yes. Teams may carry over space in every year of the Collective Bargaining Agreement. HOWEVER, keep in mind that between 2013-2016 and 2017-2020, teams must SPEND at a minimum, 89% of the Salary Cap, so you can't just roll over a ton and have $250 million in cap space in, say 2018.

My numbers DO NOT INCLUDE any carry over from 2014 forward. I think the numbers have more value presented this way.

I disagree with the green bolded. How would that be a problem? It would give us a crazy advantage...we could front load ALL of our contracts that year forward, and before that year backload them into that year. It would take quite a bit of planning though. A year like that would be a prime year to give extensions to players. We could also "restructure" a contract and push more money into that given year and take it away from future years. I think carrying over cap space would be nothing but a benefit. At least for this club where we will never have the 40M in room that some of the lesser teams have this year.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
justo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:

justo wrote:

From the CBA:

CBA wrote:

One more question: 89% of the ~120 M or 89% of the curent cap+roll over cap?
RashaanSalaami

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
RashaanSalaami wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:

justo wrote:

From the CBA:

CBA wrote:

One more question: 89% of the ~120 M or 89% of the curent cap+roll over cap?

It's 89% of the sum of the salary caps from 2013-2016. So if the caps were 120, 130, 140, 150, respectively, every team would have had to spend at least 89% of the sum: .89 x 540M = 480.6M over that 4 year time span.
dijatool

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:

Everyone focuses on 89%, but the real number to keep track of is 95%. The league as a whole must average a 95% spend over the same four year periods, which introduces an element of peer pressure.

If a team isn't getting close to 95% then the owners meetings are going to become uncomfortable when Jerry and the other big spending owners start making noise. If they miss there are penalties and folks like Jerry are not paying for others.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
RashaanSalaami wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:

justo wrote:

From the CBA:

CBA wrote:

I disagree with the green bolded. How would that be a problem? It would give us a crazy advantage...we could front load ALL of our contracts that year forward, and before that year backload them into that year. It would take quite a bit of planning though. A year like that would be a prime year to give extensions to players. We could also "restructure" a contract and push more money into that given year and take it away from future years. I think carrying over cap space would be nothing but a benefit. At least for this club where we will never have the 40M in room that some of the lesser teams have this year.

It's not allowed, the new CBA sets a requirement that you must spend "x" percent of your cap dollars. I think its like 90% so around 13m would be the most you could carry over. It's why teams with cheap QB's like Seattle, Miami ect... spent a lot in FA. You have to hit that number and usually your QB will help you get there, otherwise you have to overpay FA's. A dumb rule IMO, but I'm sure it was the NFLPA's idea to keep teams from underpaying players.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I bet the players think that is one of the most important rules.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: