Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GB Detailed Cap Prospectus (Updated 5/20/2014)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:
Though the official details of the Raji contract haven't come out yet, I show us with $21.2 million in cap space.

However, once the Raji contract is submitted, I believe the NFLPA Database will have us with $20.1 million in cap space.

I've gone through and double checked all my figures, so until more information is released to the public, I can't do much to reconcile the difference. If anyone is taking a gander at the actual spreadsheet linked on the first page and has any ideas, I'd be appreciative.

No idea man, I ran through and checked it against Over the Cap, Spotrac, and even rotoworld.

Best I can tell unless you're all working with the wrong data, you're right.

Only thing I can maybe think is that it's a 51 thing?
RashaanSalaami

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
RashaanSalaami wrote:
Though the official details of the Raji contract haven't come out yet, I show us with $21.2 million in cap space.

However, once the Raji contract is submitted, I believe the NFLPA Database will have us with $20.1 million in cap space.

I've gone through and double checked all my figures, so until more information is released to the public, I can't do much to reconcile the difference. If anyone is taking a gander at the actual spreadsheet linked on the first page and has any ideas, I'd be appreciative.

No idea man, I ran through and checked it against Over the Cap, Spotrac, and even rotoworld.

Best I can tell unless you're all working with the wrong data, you're right.

Only thing I can maybe think is that it's a 51 thing?

Thanks for trying. Definitely using the 51. My guess is that maybe some hidden incentives reared their head that we don't know about.

An additional note for those following this thread: In addition to our cap space shown, we have another $900,000 in Minimum Salary Benefit used to incentivize teams to sign veterans. As FA slows down, maybe that will come into play. Helped us lower Johnny Jolly's cap last year.
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For one thing, any NFL Led database isn't going to have Jamari Lattimore's cap number in there, because he hasn't signed yet--so he isn't counting against our cap yet. So your numbers will be 1.011 Million off of any official cap numbers being put out by anything with the shield attached to it.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
For one thing, any NFL Led database isn't going to have Jamari Lattimore's cap number in there, because he hasn't signed yet--so he isn't counting against our cap yet. So your numbers will be 1.011 Million off of any official cap numbers being put out by anything with the shield attached to it.

I think he's got it.
RashaanSalaami

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:

All tenders actually do count against the cap as soon as they're applied. Of course the teams are allowed to rescind their offer so long as the player hasn't signed yet, at which point, it will be stricken from the books.

If the tenders didn't count, my numbers would be off by an even wider margin. So far the NFLPA database shows us at $24.1M with 63 players. BJ Raji is #64, which takes us to about $20.1. Peppers is #65, which takes us to an unknown number. Our beats have speculated that $7.5M of the guarantee is signing bonus with about $1M in base guaratneed, which would be a $3.5M cap hit, leaving us with $16.6M. We'll see when the real numbers come out, which are hopefully tomorrow.
dijatool

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NFLPA numbers are notorious for being wrong, sometimes wildly so.

If you want to dive down into the nitty gritty of all the reasons this is so, check the Yahoo archives of the AmCapNFL mailing list (group) and if you want to find a bunch of folks who've been doing this for a while, join the list.

RashaanSalaami

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I show us with $18.2M in cap space after Julius and including unofficial Raji numbers. $17.1M NFLPA cap adjusted.
RashaanSalaami

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@RashaanSalaami: Guessing on Starks (1.1M) and Guion per reports (0.83M), I'd estimate #Packers still have 17.2M in cap space. NFLPA would report 16.2M.
RashaanSalaami

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Less the rookie allocations, we have approximately $14 million cap space to work with. We are in great position to work on an extension and bring back Kuhn and Flynn, while still potentially pursuing modest veteran safeties and centers in free agency.
dijatool

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Demovsky earlier broke down the top 10 and bottom 10 performance-based pay but here's the complete list for all teams:

2013 Performance Based Pay Distributions

I don't think this effects the cap in any way since it's not going to get paid until 2016, but it is interesting and also includes each players official cap number.

ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=nfcnorth&id=65551&src=desktop Rodgers cap number changing
RashaanSalaami

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dijatool wrote:
Rob Demovsky earlier broke down the top 10 and bottom 10 performance-based pay but here's the complete list for all teams:

2013 Performance Based Pay Distributions

I don't think this effects the cap in any way since it's not going to get paid until 2016, but it is interesting and also includes each players official cap number.

I dug up that Yahoo group and subscribed, thanks!

I'm gonna look into that stuff a little later.

ChaRisMa wrote:
http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=nfcnorth&id=65551&src=desktop Rodgers cap number changing

Saw that earlier too. I'll post the updated numbers shortly, but I know show $16.2M in cap space, less $1.8-$2.0M for additional rookie allocation leaves us with $14.3M in usable cap space. Still plenty of dough to pick up a veteran safety and center (near the minimum, given whose left) and extend Randall/Jordy.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can quibble on numbers, but to be quite frank: we've still got a buttload of cap space. Even with the Peppers signing, if we've got 18-22 mil(whatever it is), we've got plenty of space to extend, restructure, and sign if necessary.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
We can quibble on numbers, but to be quite frank: we've still got a buttload of cap space. Even with the Peppers signing, if we've got 18-22 mil(whatever it is), we've got plenty of space to extend, restructure, and sign if necessary.

We've got 7 million that likely isn't budgeted.
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing to lose letting the cap roll over to next year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: