Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GB Detailed Cap Prospectus (Updated 5/20/2014)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RashaanSalaami

Global Moderator
Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: GB Detailed Cap Prospectus (Updated 5/20/2014) Reply with quote

Last Updated: 5/20/2014

Details (Google Docs)

Above is my spreadsheet for tracking the Packers cap and below is a nice little overview.

If I have any discrepancies, please let me know and link it so that we can try to get this as accurate as possible. I don't want just a random cap number, but the breakdown of how they arrive at the cap number. I've used a number of sources and contract details to build out this spreadsheet.

Will also try to use this thread in the future to discuss potential structurings of contracts as we proceed.

Undisclosed contracts:
[url=http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--nfl-contract-rules-could-help-matt-barkley--other-qbs-get-drafted-in-first-round-150546269.html]
2016 Club Option on Nick Perry - Avg. salaries of 3rd to 25th highest paid at position.
2017 Club Option on Datone Jones - Avg. salaries of 3rd to 25th highest paid at position.[/url]

Last edited by RashaanSalaami on Tue May 20, 2014 11:18 pm; edited 50 times in total
CWood21

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pray

Great work RS. Really detailed effort. FWIW, the signing bonus for the 2012 picks is off I think. 49 million for Greg Scruggs, I'm assuming that's supposed to be 490k instead.
RashaanSalaami

Global Moderator
Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Pray

Great work RS. Really detailed effort. FWIW, the signing bonus for the 2012 picks is off I think. 49 million for Greg Scruggs, I'm assuming that's supposed to be 490k instead.

I'm FAR too used to bank-speak nowadays. Laughing We generally use "m" for thousand and "mm" for million. Will change it to the more conventional "k".
MMcKay16

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this is amazing! Thanks for all the hard work. On a side note I find it crazy that there isn't a NFL equivalent of something like capgeek if anyone is familiar with what I'm talking about, though NFL salary cap stuff is a good deal more complicated. But once again amazing work here, thanks!
justo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice work, RS. If Rodgers is at 25 per that would leave us with 28 M in cap space in 2014 and like 3 M this year. Interesting to see how this is going shake up. Can't wait to see what the TV hike will do to the cap space situation

#FREEBARRINGTON
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work, clean and organized.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incredible effort. Makes this site what it is.
BrettFavre004

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming Aaron Rodgers should be added to the list of URFA's for 2015, by my count, Sitton, Lang, Hawk, and Perry are the only starters presently under contract for the 2015 season.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=17
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RS, I'd like to buy you several beers. I'm seriously considering PayPaling you 20$ for this.

To add to this, average per player at each position would be interesting. We may find we are much overpaying a certain position.

Maybe average per starting player. Or average of per player at a certain playing time.

More complicated: $ per tackle, catch, etc.
smetana34

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 2013, why are there random Draft Picks from last year in the graph?
RashaanSalaami

Global Moderator
Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrettFavre004 wrote:
Assuming Aaron Rodgers should be added to the list of URFA's for 2015, by my count, Sitton, Lang, Hawk, and Perry are the only starters presently under contract for the 2015 season.

Hah, good catch.

Take a look at the details link at the very top of the OP. There are a bunch more capable starters, but depending on how you define it.

OT Derek Sherrod who that year would be paid the average salary of the 3rd to 25th highest paid players at his position. That is if we decide to keep him.

Crosby, Masthay, and Brett Goode are also under contract. Or Tavecchio if he pulls out the underdog win in camp this year.

Jerel Worthy should be getting starter reps by then regardless of how our defense has evolved.

Brad Jones is paid starter money and should at the very least factor in as a nickel starter if all goes right.

Casey Hayward is definitely a projected starter by then I'd think, unless Tramon turns it around and is re-upped.

Jerron McMillan is an unlikely starter at that point, but not impossible.

But excluding special teams, yup those are the only 4 current starters under contract in 2015.
RashaanSalaami

Global Moderator
Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
RS, I'd like to buy you several beers. I'm seriously considering PayPaling you 20$ for this.

To add to this, average per player at each position would be interesting. We may find we are much overpaying a certain position.

Maybe average per starting player. Or average of per player at a certain playing time.

More complicated: $ per tackle, catch, etc.

Laughing Glad you enjoyed it and hope everyone finds value in this. If you're serious about the $20, just donate to the MACC Fund or something. Do have to thank Scar988 for the yearly detail templates. Definitely a fun learning experience for me. Knew very little about the cap before hand and now have a firm understanding of 80-90% of it now.

And those are awesome ideas. Will definitely think about them and see if I can come up with something along those lines. Shouldn't be all that difficult and could produce some fun stats. Smile
RashaanSalaami

Global Moderator
Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smetana34 wrote:
In 2013, why are there random Draft Picks from last year in the graph?

Last year's picks by our draft slot and basic contract details. I multiplied the cap hit by 101.99% (the amount the salary cap increased from last year to this year) to find this year's estimated rookie cost.

And for our 6th round pick, last year's slot Tom Compton signed some 3 year, 0 bonus deal which threw off projections a bit so I just used the pick before which was more in line.
The Kuhn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause
Bravo. This is incredible
ramonesfan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really easy for a simpleton like myself to read and understand. Would love to see this stickied and updated (if possible) when new signing are made. Makes it easier to stomach what things will look at when Rodgers and Matthews are extended.

Well done sir! Applause

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: