Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who do you draft #15?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you draft #15?
QB EJ Manuel, Florida State
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
QB Matt Barkley, USC
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
WR Keenan Allen, California
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
TE Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
T DJ Fluker, Alabama
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
DT Sheldon Richardson, Missourri
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
DT Sylvester Williams, North Carolina
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
DE Bjoern Werner, Florida State
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
DE Datone Jones, UCLA
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
LB Barkevious Mingo, Louisiana State
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
LB Jarvis Jones, Georgia
75%
 75%  [ 12 ]
LB Alec Ogletree, Georgia
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
CB Xavier Rhodes, Florida State
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
S Matt Elam, Florida
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
S Eric Reid, Louisiana State
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Another player, post your choice below
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 16

PackMan22

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Who do you draft #15? Reply with quote

The draft has gone this way so far:

1. Kansas City- T Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
2. Jacksonville- QB Geno Smith, West Virginia
3. Oakland- T Eric Fisher, Central Michigan
4. Philadelphia- DT Star Lotulelei, Utah
5. Detroit- CB Dee Milliner, Alabama
6. Cleveland- LB Dion Jordan, Oregon
7. Arizona- G Chance Warmack, Alabama
8. Buffalo- WR Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee
9. New York- DE Ezekiel Ansah, Brigham Young
10. Tennessee- G Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina
11. San Diego- T Lane Johnson, Oklahoma
12. Miami- WR Tavon Austin, West Virginia
13. Tampa Bay- DT Sharrif Floyd, Florida
14. Carolina- S Kenny Vacarro, Texas

If you stay at this spot and don't trade out, who do you draft?

Can we please cease and desist with the term 'professional athletes representing their country'? That term should be reserved for one man and one man only: Pat Tillman.-Mike Bianchi, Orlando Sentinel
Harper41

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarvis Jones. I don't care about the 40 yard dash, guys a straight baller.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
FLOODx

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:

This

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
thesolution

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade back and draft Jonathan Cyprien

Copyrighted by Kiltman
My Second Sig
jcvoodoo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesolution wrote:

This

^NS922 on the sig^
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesolution wrote:

Trade with who? Someone has to want to be in our spot to trade back.

Robust Perry wrote:
They were the dirtiest organization in football

In reference to the Saints.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:

THIS!

The moment Sean Payton announced he had fired Spagunolo and was switching to a 34 defense, Most Saints fans dreamed of seeing Jarvis Jones in the black and gold.

After his medical condition became a focus, a lot of us held out hope that it might cause him to fall to us.

Then his medical was cleared (for the most part) shattering our dreams...

On to his Georgia pro-day where all he proved was that he wasn't the best athlete in the draft and now people actually want the Saints to bypass the top pass rusher in the draft who has played 34 OLB for the past 2 seasons at an extremely high level.

If Jones is on the board at 15 (im not convinced he will be) the Saints will regret the day they passed on him just like they regret passing on T-Suggs for John Sullivan!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
domepatrol91

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

This

Agreed

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Jarvis Jones
2) Sheldon Richardson

3) Jamie Collins
4) Bark Mingo
QB Connoisseur

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Barkevious Mingo have some terminal illness that I wasn't aware of...? What the hell are you guys talking about? If he's available, I'd take him in a heartbeat.
Raves

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB Connoisseur wrote:
Does Barkevious Mingo have some terminal illness that I wasn't aware of...? What the hell are you guys talking about? If he's available, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

He's got elite athleticism and first step, but the rest of his game is crap. Drag down tackler, doesn't have experience playing in space, teams would literally run the ball right at him, and his own coaches have called him out for poor worth ethic in the past.

Yeah I don't want to touch him with a 100 ft pole.

Give me Jones who has experience playing in space, makes impact plays in the running game, in pass defense, and as a pass rusher, and who when he hits you, you go down, no 3-4 yards extra before being brought down. Sure his measurables looked bad, but who cares. Jerry Rice ran what a 4.5 or 4.7. Still the greatest WR of all time. Jones might not have track speed in shorts, but he sure as hell has football speed.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
QB Connoisseur wrote:

He's got elite athleticism and first step, but the rest of his game is crap. Drag down tackler, doesn't have experience playing in space, teams would literally run the ball right at him, and his own coaches have called him out for poor worth ethic in the past.

Give me Jones who has experience playing in space, makes impact plays in the running game, in pass defense, and as a pass rusher, and who when he hits you, you go down, no 3-4 yards extra before being brought down. Sure his measurables looked bad, but who cares. Jerry Rice ran what a 4.5 or 4.7. Still the greatest WR of all time. Jones might not have track speed in shorts, but he sure as hell has football speed.

Quick question...

To play devils advocate here, If were all onboard with Jarvis Jones because of his on field production and are willing to over look a poor proday numbers... why aren't more people clamoring for Demontre Moore?

Moore proved in 2011 that he can play in space effectively and in 2012 that his 2011 wasn't a fluke. Moore has poor measurable but an elite first step and always finds a way to the QB. Before the NFL combine, almost everyone had him in there top 5.

Sounds a lot like Jones...

Raves

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Raves wrote:
QB Connoisseur wrote:

Quick question...

To play devils advocate here, If were all onboard with Jarvis Jones because of his on field production and are willing to over look a poor proday numbers... why aren't more people clamoring for Demontre Moore?

Moore proved in 2011 that he can play in space effectively and in 2012 that his 2011 wasn't a fluke. Moore has poor measurable but an elite first step and always finds a way to the QB. Before the NFL combine, almost everyone had him in there top 5.

Sounds a lot like Jones...

I still high on Moore but as a 4-3 DE which is where he played this past year. If we were in a 4-3 I wouldn't mind us taking him one bit and might even have him at the top of my DE list still.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I still high on Moore but as a 4-3 DE which is where he played this past year. If we were in a 4-3 I wouldn't mind us taking him one bit and might even have him at the top of my DE list still.

Moore had 71 tackles and 8.5 sacks in 2011 as a 34 OLB as a sophomore which was overlooked due to the player he succeeded in Von Miller. Moore was a playmaker in space in 2011 and remember, in Ryans scheme the OLB's won't be asked to drop into coverage much.

I'm just saying... for all those in love with Jarvis Jones, Demontre Moore should be high on there list as well. If anything, Moore has more versatility than Jones.

MPjeffryred

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Quote:

Moore had 71 tackles and 8.5 sacks in 2011 as a 34 OLB as a sophomore which was overlooked due to the player he succeeded in Von Miller. Moore was a playmaker in space in 2011 and remember, in Ryans scheme the OLB's won't be asked to drop into coverage much.

I'm just saying... for all those in love with Jarvis Jones, Demontre Moore should be high on there list as well. If anything, Moore has more versatility than Jones.

In one mock I saw online, the Saints trade with the Jets (who had traded with the 49's to grab Lotulelei) and receive picks 31 and 39 for pick #15. With that pick, the Saints did take Moore @31 and due to way that draft fell, the Saints reached for Kyle Long at #39. It could be worse and I would probably be satisfied. Long should go in the late second or early third, but we have the greatest need at tackle according to Payton. If that did happen, I would target SS J.J. Wilcox in third, DT Kwame Geathers or Bennie Logan in the fourth, QB Matt Scott in round 5 and either CB Tharold Simon (could be a FS candidate and cb depth for now) or TE Lucas Reed in the sixth. I could live with the above.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: