Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

question from browns fan, not about mo mass

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Browns_Buckeyes


Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Posts: 444
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: question from browns fan, not about mo mass Reply with quote

hey panthers fans, i was wondering what you guys expect from luke kuechly this year and his career, i was a HUGEEE fan of him coming into this draft and am curious as to his outlook
_________________


dawg24 with this sweet sig

dqwell jackson> ray lewis.

Cleveland is my city, and i LOVE IT!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SmittySmurf


Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 2645
Location: Charlotte, NC
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He will be a franchise player for 10+ years. In his first year he lead the league in tackles and won DROTY, but more importantly unseeded Beason as a starter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Panthers11


Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 24273
Location: FSU: Go Noles
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll be a player you think of when you think 4-3 MLB for 10+ years.
_________________

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Browns_Buckeyes


Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Posts: 444
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is he better than patrick willis? can he cover sideline to sideline or is he a chase down tackler, he seems like a swiss army knife of a mlb and can do it all but i didnt get to see any game action
_________________


dawg24 with this sweet sig

dqwell jackson> ray lewis.

Cleveland is my city, and i LOVE IT!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wolf7373


Joined: 24 Mar 2012
Posts: 286
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest thing he needs to work on is shedding blocks, but a better interior DT plus an entire offseason should help that. He is going to have to contend with Jimmy Graham twice a season too, so his coverage abilities are going to have to become very good as well. He also could develop a bit more pass rushing techniques when he is blitzing. Now that I have said all that...the guy can flat out play. He is seemingly always around the ball, makes tons of open field tackles, he is a great athlete and has tons of lateral speed. He is probably the third or fourth best player on the Panthers right now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J Pep 4 Step


Joined: 01 Apr 2007
Posts: 28799
Location: Greenvillain, NC
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolf7373 wrote:
The biggest thing he needs to work on is shedding blocks, but a better interior DT plus an entire offseason should help that. He is going to have to contend with Jimmy Graham twice a season too, so his coverage abilities are going to have to become very good as well. He also could develop a bit more pass rushing techniques when he is blitzing. Now that I have said all that...the guy can flat out play. He is seemingly always around the ball, makes tons of open field tackles, he is a great athlete and has tons of lateral speed. He is probably the third or fourth best player on the Panthers right now.


That's funny. I was about to say his best attribute is his ability to shed blocks. The guys sifts through traffic incredibly well for a rookie.

To the OP: You never know what the future holds. But the guy showed the ability and instincts, as a rookie, that make you think he could be a top 3 MLB for the next 10 years. He has a high motor. Is intelligent. Plays sideline to sideline. Has shown promise in coverage. Sheds blocks. Fills gaps. Hits hard. What more could I want?
_________________

CK on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wolf7373


Joined: 24 Mar 2012
Posts: 286
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
wolf7373 wrote:
The biggest thing he needs to work on is shedding blocks, but a better interior DT plus an entire offseason should help that. He is going to have to contend with Jimmy Graham twice a season too, so his coverage abilities are going to have to become very good as well. He also could develop a bit more pass rushing techniques when he is blitzing. Now that I have said all that...the guy can flat out play. He is seemingly always around the ball, makes tons of open field tackles, he is a great athlete and has tons of lateral speed. He is probably the third or fourth best player on the Panthers right now.


That's funny. I was about to say his best attribute is his ability to shed blocks. The guys sifts through traffic incredibly well for a rookie.

To the OP: You never know what the future holds. But the guy showed the ability and instincts, as a rookie, that make you think he could be a top 3 MLB for the next 10 years. He has a high motor. Is intelligent. Plays sideline to sideline. Has shown promise in coverage. Sheds blocks. Fills gaps. Hits hard. What more could I want?


Let me clarify "difficulty shedding blocks" it isn't that he doesn't shed blocks but often times he allows blockers to get too far up the field before he breaks free to make the tackle. He could do a better job making tackles behind and closer to the LOS, but Kuechly is hard to critique man, I just didn't want to slobber all over the guy haha. I love the way he plays.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iknowcool


Joined: 15 Apr 2009
Posts: 13037
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns_Buckeyes wrote:
is he better than patrick willis? can he cover sideline to sideline or is he a chase down tackler, he seems like a swiss army knife of a mlb and can do it all but i didnt get to see any game action


Patrick Willis is going to be an all-time great. So heck no he isn't better than Willis and unlikely will be.

But he is going to be a great one. Displayed fantastic instincts not just for a rookie linebacker but for any linebacker regardless of experience.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group