Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

McClain being waived
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chali21

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speed_Wrench wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Speed_Wrench wrote:
Dessie wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Dessie wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Justin Hoover82 wrote:
I'm a Cowboys fan and I kinda feel bad for you guys in a way. When yall drafted him I thought it was the right move and was sure he would be a great LB but wow, talk about bust. Only Russel was worse. DHB was not great but at least he produced a little. Just think if you guys would of drafted M.Ryan then Megatron Shocked

I think most of us were excited to get a bonafide player with the ultimate endorsement from Nick Saban and that we weren't getting the athlete that burned us year after year. It's crazy how badly this team has drafted over the decade, but our silver lining is that the worst seems to be over and we have faith in Reggie McKenzie.

I wish i had paid more attention to his college tape when we drafted him. It's not too different from what we've seen the last 3 years.

Never wanted him tbh, MLB's in the top 10 are just not good value but when Okung went at no.6 and then Haden we were left in a bad spot. I would have preferred 'reaching' for Iupati. I seem to remember that Graham or Morgan were the popular other choices at the time.

i like mlb's but rolo was too slow and tackled too high imo. saban would be a great used car salesman.

Ah yes you wanted us to take Rey Rey at #7 the year before, that was a bullet dodged as well.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=280934&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Laughing One of our longest threads.

Ha Rey is the BPA at #7 was a classic line.

Its no wonder he's defending Al's drafting, he wanted Rey and Bruce Campbell in the first round. He's one of the few who would have drafted worse than Davis.

It's a badddd omen for Ansah Laughing

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=378722&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Laughing Forgot about that one,it's only 47 pages

The first three pages of that are incredibly ridiculous..

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raiderfan19 wrote:
Big Rob wrote:
Reggie needs to but an end to these 1st round busts this year, this crap is old...when is the last time we got a good return on a top pick?

C-Wood?

We didn't really get the good return on him, Green Bay did.
Dessie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
Speed_Wrench wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Speed_Wrench wrote:
Dessie wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Dessie wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Justin Hoover82 wrote:
I'm a Cowboys fan and I kinda feel bad for you guys in a way. When yall drafted him I thought it was the right move and was sure he would be a great LB but wow, talk about bust. Only Russel was worse. DHB was not great but at least he produced a little. Just think if you guys would of drafted M.Ryan then Megatron Shocked

I think most of us were excited to get a bonafide player with the ultimate endorsement from Nick Saban and that we weren't getting the athlete that burned us year after year. It's crazy how badly this team has drafted over the decade, but our silver lining is that the worst seems to be over and we have faith in Reggie McKenzie.

I wish i had paid more attention to his college tape when we drafted him. It's not too different from what we've seen the last 3 years.

Never wanted him tbh, MLB's in the top 10 are just not good value but when Okung went at no.6 and then Haden we were left in a bad spot. I would have preferred 'reaching' for Iupati. I seem to remember that Graham or Morgan were the popular other choices at the time.

i like mlb's but rolo was too slow and tackled too high imo. saban would be a great used car salesman.

Ah yes you wanted us to take Rey Rey at #7 the year before, that was a bullet dodged as well.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=280934&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Laughing One of our longest threads.

Ha Rey is the BPA at #7 was a classic line.

Its no wonder he's defending Al's drafting, he wanted Rey and Bruce Campbell in the first round. He's one of the few who would have drafted worse than Davis.

It's a badddd omen for Ansah Laughing

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=378722&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Laughing Forgot about that one,it's only 47 pages

The first three pages of that are incredibly ridiculous..

Wow I forgot that so many people thought he would be a good pick at #8.
#clueless
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keleth wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Justin Hoover82 wrote:

meh ill wait to see how this draft pans out before i start praising reg.

He can't be as bad as Al was the last decade. So like I said the worst is over. You may not be confident in his talent evaluating but he won't be any worse then Davis.

meh, davis had a great run but struck out more frequently towards the end mostly only with 1st round picks tho (which i kno are the most important). im not going to crown reg just so fast. this draft is major cause he has the #3 pick and more to play with. he got rid of cp so he is cool with me Cool

Crap.
In the last 10 years his drafting was abysmal overall.
Want to list the "talent" he has picked up in the later rounds ?
I don't mean players who made the team because to make a team that has been as bad as we have the last 10 years isn't a great achievement,I mean actual talented players.

zack miller, lamar, wiz, bryant, jv etc

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
Keleth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Keleth wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Justin Hoover82 wrote:

He can't be as bad as Al was the last decade. So like I said the worst is over. You may not be confident in his talent evaluating but he won't be any worse then Davis.

meh, davis had a great run but struck out more frequently towards the end mostly only with 1st round picks tho (which i kno are the most important). im not going to crown reg just so fast. this draft is major cause he has the #3 pick and more to play with. he got rid of cp so he is cool with me Cool

Crap.
I don't mean players who made the team because to make a team that has been as bad as we have the last 10 years isn't a great achievement,I mean actual talented players.

From how many draft picks do those 5 players come ?
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw quit your whining guys and look forward. Sheesh. Sound like a bunch of old washer women. Laughing

Was just reading where Minnesota is lamenting not having anything at MLS. And the Ravens even moved a DL to MLB. In neither story was there anything about even thinking about signing McClain. So much for him going to a "real" team.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Speed_Wrench

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keleth wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Keleth wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Justin Hoover82 wrote:

Crap.

From how many draft picks do those 5 players come ?

Besides Bryant, all those guys were drafted in the first three rounds where a gm should be able to find "starting caliber" talent, D. Moore was a good find in the fifth but that's really about it for the past 5 years....nothing special.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we always seem to throw up a few late round/udfa gems though, whoever in the scouting department does late round DL & WR's seems particularly strong
91jmay

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, NCough comes off ROUGH from that Bruce Campbell thread. Based on combine drills he called him the best pass blocking OT in the draft.

Laughing

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000158519/article/rolando-mcclain-already-has-offers-from-three-teams

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000158519/article/rolando-mcclain-already-has-offers-from-three-teams

He still has talent and is young. So much for him having trouble finding work. Likely 3-4 teams.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

He still has talent and is young. So much for him having trouble finding work. Likely 3-4 teams.

Still a d bag

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
RaiderX

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

Still a d bag

Yea that's immaturity and coming from a winning program. Along with 3 different head coaches. No veteran leadership at all either. You'd think Seymour would be that guy but look at all his personal foul calls. Maybe somebody could have been a better influence because Hue didn't give a crap.

Man now that I think about it we have had such a horrible environment. Not excusing McClain for his actions, but it was really bad here.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

Still a d bag

Yea that's immaturity and coming from a winning program. Along with 3 different head coaches. No veteran leadership at all either. You'd think Seymour would be that guy but look at all his personal foul calls. Maybe somebody could have been a better influence because Hue didn't give a crap.

Man now that I think about it we have had such a horrible environment. Not excusing McClain for his actions, but it was really bad here.

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Still a d bag

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Joel Corry ‏@corryjoel
Rolando McClain's $2.1M '14 base salary guarantee voided with his '12 suspension. He counts as $7.26M in dead money on the Raiders' cap.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: