Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vince Young moving forward - Talks about Tennessee(video)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Vince Young moving forward - Talks about Tennessee(video) Reply with quote

I figured I would post this in our thread. For the first time in 5 years Vince Young came out on ESPN to talk about the situation at TN. Just before people starting ripping into him, he isn't speaking bad about anyone at all in these videos. It's worth watching because it's a good video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SWVU0vu0a8
Dionysus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good stuff. They asked the pointblank questions, and he handled it like a man. I hope he does get another shot to play this game because I believe he'll kick a$$ if he does. I mean to SuperBowl level.
Niznag74

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He will always be the player I wish the most would have turned out the way we all wanted him to be. The way he played in the national championship and all the games in UT he had something special. I hope he gets his chance to come back and show what he can do. Really wish he would have been able to do it here.
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why we're still talking about vince, but here are my 2 cents. Talk is cheap. The statement that got me was the 'I haven't gotten my chance to shine like other guys'' comment. Really Vince? No bodies given you a shot? You were the #3 overall pick. You got 4 years in TN, 1 in Philly, and a TC in Buffalo. Each of those were 'chances to shine' and he didn't deliver. Thats more than most guys get. Or does his definition of 'chance to shine' actually mean being handed the starting job. Vince still doesn't get it. And he still sounds entitled.

**RIP Steve McNair**
TITANSEATPEOPLE

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
Not sure why we're still talking about vince, but here are my 2 cents. Talk is cheap. The statement that got me was the 'I haven't gotten my chance to shine like other guys'' comment. Really Vince? No bodies given you a shot? You were the #3 overall pick. You got 4 years in TN, 1 in Philly, and a TC in Buffalo. Each of those were 'chances to shine' and he didn't deliver. Thats more than most guys get. Or does his definition of 'chance to shine' actually mean being handed the starting job. Vince still doesn't get it. And he still sounds entitled.

Spot on, friend.
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:

What about Jeff Fisher didn't want him here did you not get. Since VY has left we have had terrible season after terrible season. You can say what you want about the guy or the team, but we were obviously better with him. You say he "didn't deliver" but he obviously did and our record shows as much..

It sounds like you didn't even watch the last 3 minutes of the video. He even directly said he only wants his 2nd chance to be given because he has grown up now and has a family.
SpaceAgePimp

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:

What about Jeff Fisher didn't want him here did you not get. Since VY has left we have had terrible season after terrible season. You can say what you want about the guy or the team, but we were obviously better with him. You say he "didn't deliver" but he obviously did and our record shows as much..

It sounds like you didn't even watch the last 3 minutes of the video. He even directly said he only wants his 2nd chance to be given because he has grown up now and has a family.

What does Fisher not wanting him have to do with his success? Vince has had more success under the 'guy that didn't want him' than any other coach. What about his chance in Philly? Under a coach known for developing QBs? He just doesn't have what it takes mentally to be an NFL QB.

BostonZombie

"Love it or leave it: God bless America" -Ricky Stanzi

Adopt-A-Titan:
Matt Hasselbeck
Tommie Campbell
Dionysus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:

I could care less about his time in Philly and Buffalo. All that matters to me is what he did here. Not only did he win games for us, but he did save Fisher's job twice. Yes, he was immature and handled his frustrations poorly, and he admits to all of that. But I could think of a lot of worse things he could've done. People want to talk like he's the worse thing to ever play QB. It's not like the guy went and shot up a high school or beat up his girlfriend and pie-faced his own mother or funded some dog-fighting operation. Whether people liked him or not, the guy can ball and he can win. I hate to tell y'all this, but if Locker shows that he's not the answer, I'll bet a whole dollar that Bud will to bring VY back, if he's still available.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People still want to make excuses for this bum. He's not an NFL QB, plain and simple. Not sure why we're still bringing him up. He's trying to say the right things but fact is, he's just trying to get a job.
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
People still want to make excuses for this bum. He's not an NFL QB, plain and simple. Not sure why we're still bringing him up. He's trying to say the right things but fact is, he's just trying to get a job.

Yeah, I'm sure he's not. He only has 2 pro bowls and a winning record as a starter. But SURE he's not an NFL QB.
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People on this board are so hot and cold it's ridiculous... Vince Young when in Tennessee I feel got shafted on multiple occasions. I can't wait to see what you all have to say about Locker this coming season... He was godlike not to long ago here now it's anywhere from I hope he is great (this is where I stand) to I hope we suck so we can draft Bridgewater? Don't get me wrong I like Locker and hope he's the man but what has he done to show anyone that he is going to be the savior. I know that's not what the video is about but the hatred of Vince is pathetic. As a rookie he had 19 tds with 19 turnovers yeah but the team improved drastically with him under center. His final 2 years in Tennessee passing alone he had a 20:10 td to int ratio. I felt he was improving greatly only to be replaced by KFC multiple times.

With VY we were 8-8 after finishing 4-12 the previous year mind you... 10-6 I won't count the 13-3, 8-8 which I believe is the year we started what 0-6 then he became starter? Man what a freaking bum oh and his final year that 6-10 record I know his final game was week 11 against Washington I was there he got injured midway. At that point we were 5-5... What a freaking bum he ruined this franchise right? What's our record since 15-17? Yeah that's it.

I know VY wasn't the only person playing but don't discount the record with him under center. His final 2 years have samples with other QB then him. So say what you want the man won when he was here. Not the best decisions no but it's not like he had legal issues.

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:

What part of talk is cheap don't you get? Of course he's gonna say the right thing on camera. And hes had a 2nd chance, and a 3rd. And he couldnt stick as the back up on either team. His next chance will be his 4th, not his 2nd. To dionysus, Please stop with this silly melodrama. I'm not villianizing the guy, I'm telling the truth. The guy struggles to learn offenses, he struggles to read defenses, and he doesn't handle criticism well. All huge red flags for a qb. Nobody can dare deny that vy has huge trouble with all three. You can't possibly blame Fisher for those short comings. They are the reason he didn't want him and the reason nobody else does either. Here's to him getting a 4th chance and doing something with it. But lets not sit here and act like the league is colluding to not let Vince play.

Lets also not pretend that vy had everything to do with the success we had while he was here. We went 13-3 with this guy sitting on the bench, those teams had some talent. This team hasn't won since Albert haynesworth left. That's a truer statement.

**RIP Steve McNair**
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

Yeah, I'm sure he's not. He only has 2 pro bowls and a winning record as a starter. But SURE he's not an NFL QB.

You mean the guy who got cut half way through bills training camp last season for traveras Jackson? The one who failed to win a spot backing up a guy who is now OUR backup QB? That guy?

Seriously, both those pro bowls were gimmes. He only got chosen after several other qbs dropped out. He didn't earn either.

**RIP Steve McNair**
Dionysus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not making excuses, just playing devil's advocate. I'm not throwing him under the bus like some people want to do. If we were talking about bums like Ryan Leaf or JaMarcus Russell, I could understand that argument. But I'm just stating the facts on the other side of the coin that the VY haters don't want to admit.

Outside of VY, what have we had QBing this team? Well, let's rewind the tape. We had a couple of broken down has-beens who were long on knowledge and short on game in Collins and Hasslebeck. Then a young competitive wannabe who's still trying to develop his consistency in Jake Locker. And then there was Rusty Smith, the guy who threw 3 INTs to a one-armed man in the one and only game he's ever started. Out of all of this, at least we can say that VY had clutch ability, but guess that counts for nothing.

Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
Not making excuses, just playing devil's advocate. I'm not throwing him under the bus like some people want to do. If we were talking about bums like Ryan Leaf or JaMarcus Russell, I could understand that argument. But I'm just stating the facts on the other side of the coin that the VY haters don't want to admit.

Outside of VY, what have we had QBing this team? Well, let's rewind the tape. We had a couple of broken down has-beens who were long on knowledge and short on game in Collins and Hasslebeck. Then a young competitive wannabe who's still trying to develop his consistency in Jake Locker. And then there was Rusty Smith, the guy who threw 3 INTs to a one-armed man in the one and only game he's ever started. Out of all of this, at least we can say that VY had clutch ability, but guess that counts for nothing.

But what's the point? Hes not coming back and he hasn't shown any of that magic since he left. Honestly we've had nothing but a string of disappointments at Qb since Mcnair
left. Yes, Vince had some magic moments in music city. Is that what you want to hear? But just like Tebow, even though they're superman in the last 2 minutes. hes never developed the consistency over the other 46 minutes to play winning football. How many times were his late game heroics the product of him putting the team in a hole with his sporadic play in the first place?

**RIP Steve McNair**

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: