Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers sign OT Anthony Davis to a 5-year, $37.2M extension
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SDniner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really curious to see the annual breakdown and the exact language of the contract, especially because there isn't very much guaranteed money in the deal. Knowing Baalke and Marathe, I'd assume that there's quite a bit of "fluff" in this deal and that he doesn't see even 30 of that 37 million. There wasn't really a need to get this deal done which leads me to believe that we got a pretty good one here. If we can get Iupati for about this much money I think it bodes really well for the Crabtree, Colin, Aldon extensions.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Boone was an absolute stud as well. I just think when you take into consideration the difficulty of the position, I'd say Staley was the best. I mean we are debating who did best on THE best OL in the game? Feels good man.............................

Quote:
1. San Francisco 49ers (20)

PB – 10th, RB – 1st, PEN – 19th

Stud: Generally speaking, tackles don’t block like Joe Staley (+40.4). He’s better in pass protection than people will give him credit for (a shame for him that nearly a third of the pressure he allowed ended up as sacks), but it’s his run blocking that sets him apart from the rest.

Dud: There isn’t one. The worst you can say is that Jonathan Goodwin is a Top 10 center, whereas the rest of the guys are Top 3 at their positions.

Summary: Phenomenal. A near flawless collection of linemen. Most teams would kill for any one of the guys the 49ers put out, yet they have five of them. The introduction of Alex Boone provided a huge boost, with Anthony Davis upping his game with better play next to them. They’re a young unit by offensive line standards and look set to dominate for a long time.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/28/ranking-the-2012-offensive-lines/4/
John232

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Joe Staley gets way too much flack from some. He was absolutely dominant in the run game, and would only get beat once or twice at most a game. Unfortunately for him, the times he would get beat he would allow a sack. In the playoffs he was mostly flawless. Just to compare, regular season and playoffs included, Staley and Davis both allowed 9 total sacks. However, Staley allowed 18 QB hurries compared to 31 from Davis.

I think it's close between Staley and Davis. Staley REALLY picked up his game post Giants.

I honestly don't know what else to say. We have the best offensive line in the game and we're starting to lock everyone up. This is very, very good.

xsaMainevent on the sig
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John232 wrote:
I think it's close between Staley and Davis. Staley REALLY picked up his game post Giants.

I honestly don't know what else to say. We have the best offensive line in the game and we're starting to lock everyone up. This is very, very good.

Yeah, the OL was very good for the most of the season. I'm glad we are locking these guys up, including our other young talent.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this, like many here was not sure about it when we traded up for him... but the way things are going our line gives us the freedom to do whatever we want to offensively for the next 5 years. Even if we do not extend Iputi (I hope we do) we have the best line in the game.

We also have a breed of football and charismatic coaches that we are able to easily sign and extend players, they just love playing here. This is great. The only down side is I do not know who we will pursue down the road in FA as we will have all the best players, by drafting, developing or acquiring them. Really it is a good problem to have.

Seems to be a very hopeful post. I love my 9ers....

Thanks y2 for the sig - and it has nothing to do with the trash who wore number 32 (I had to look it up, he will stay unnamed).
Frisco$finest

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon Anthony....no need for this....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/05/anthony-davis-celebrates-his-contract-by-taking-a-shot-at-schiano/

His mental prep does still concern me, albeit he is 23. He is always testing getting unsportsmanlike conduct penalties which Im sure led to Cary Williams taking some shots at him.
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frisco$finest wrote:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/05/anthony-davis-celebrates-his-contract-by-taking-a-shot-at-schiano/

His mental prep does still concern me, albeit he is 23. He is always testing getting unsportsmanlike conduct penalties which Im sure led to Cary Williams taking some shots at him.

Eh, I don't really see it as that big of a deal. It seemed to me more like he was sharing his "bulletin board" material. You know, when a player takes something said about him early in his career and uses it as motivation to succeed.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
Gridirongreat#9

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:
Frisco$finest wrote:

Eh, I don't really see it as that big of a deal. It seemed to me more like he was sharing his "bulletin board" material. You know, when a player takes something said about him early in his career and uses it as motivation to succeed.

I agree. It just sounds like this was something that motivated him. I've watched a couple of his MMA work outs and he goes hard.

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
I wish the friends of some girls I've talked to at bars/clubs were this bad at blocking.
Frisco$finest

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
Kikuchiyo wrote:
Frisco$finest wrote:

I agree. It just sounds like this was something that motivated him. I've watched a couple of his MMA work outs and he goes hard.

Am I the only one who spots the immaturity in him and in his play (sometimes)?? IDK, it always irked me, and this didn't make me think he gotten better at it. Thats why I didnt like the tweet.
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frisco$finest wrote:
Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
Kikuchiyo wrote:
Frisco$finest wrote:

Am I the only one who spots the immaturity in him and in his play (sometimes)?? IDK, it always irked me, and this didn't make me think he gotten better at it. Thats why I didnt like the tweet.

I definitely see the immaturity in him. I'm just not that worried about it. He's a young man. He's going to be immature. Will he ever grow out of it? Maybe, maybe not. As long as he keeps it off the football field and doesn't break any laws, I could care less. As it stands, he's a 49er so I'm gonna root for his success and ignore his twitter account.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
rudyZ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frisco$finest wrote:
Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
Kikuchiyo wrote:
Frisco$finest wrote:

When I see him being a good player and immature, it only hints at him being an even better player, once he matures.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, his immature actually raises his game like Sherman Laughing . They get people riled up and motivate themselves like this.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
I have not been especially kind to AD. I still worry about his pass protection, but admittedly not as much with Kaepernick at QB. Still, I am pleased enough with this move. He is still young and improving, so maybe he can truly win me over soon enough.

I was big on him coming out an wanted him, so I have always been a fan. He did sour for me in his second year an lost some hope. But this year as we all no he improved so much an really has the ability to improve even more. He is young an like you said he is less of a worry in pass protection with Kaep at QB. He graded out as the #3 run blocking RT I believe an also as a top 5 or 10 RT if I remember right. This deal will turn out to be a huge steal for us I think. Iupati is prob looking at getting more money an the team is waying on whether to go that route with him or not. I hope they keep Iupati an lock him up long term.

gridiorngreat thnk you for the sig

Favorite Teams
Redsox, 49ers, Celtics, Uconn BB, Bruins, LSU FB
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/davis-deal-includes-weight-requirements

Quote:
The 49ers and Davis agreed to "de-escalators" in each of the seven seasons. His base pay would decrease significantly if he fails to fulfill workout and weight requirements. In the final five years of Davis' contract, $1.25 million annually is tied to attendance at offseason workouts and his weight, the source said. It is not known what requirements have been set.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't want to start a thread about this yet, since it's only preliminary talks, but thought I could put this here.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5763/mike-iupati

CSN Bay Area confirms the 49ers have had "preliminary" extension talks with LG Mike Iupati, but that no deal is imminent.

Quote:
Per beat writer Matt Maiocco, there is no timetable on "striking an agreement." The 49ers' mauling left guard is coming off a monster 2012, but is still signed through 2014. Iupati would likely look to top new Titans G Andy Levitre (six years, $46.8 million) in any new deal, and could approach Carl Nicks money (five years, $47.5M).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: