Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

HakeemTheDream's Mock Draft (4/4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HakeemTheDream wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:
If Eric Reid falls to us in the second I would think we would take him. Our LB corps has been weak for years but was always over shadowed by a strong DL and good secondary.
In the third I think Barrett Jones would get the nod over Frederick but I would take either. Next year our line is a bit unknown outside of our tackles. Will Snee retire? Will tough-as-nails but overpaid Baas be cut? Will 30 year old Boothe sign elsewhere?
I would also take Ray Ray Armstrong in the seventh. He was once a first round prospect and oozes with potential and athleticism. And he's like 6 foot 57 inches tall.
And of course, I have a bit of a man crush on Tharold Simon. And he can play CB/S and would be a great value in the 5th if we can't get Riddick. But I think Connor will make a solid ILB but can we keep him next year?

Solid mock though. Would vastly improve our team. Hits all of our needs while taking BPA

Big fan of Eric Reid. I'd love to have him on the Giants, I just don't think it'd be wise to use a 2nd round pick on a safety.

I personally prefer Frederick over Jones because of his ability to over-power defenders. Jones would be a very versatile player, but I don't think he'd survive at tackle which means Frederick and Jones are capable of playing the same positions. Both are good talents, it's just a matter of preference.

Overall, the offensive line as a whole is an unknown outside of Beatty. There's a lot of changes that will be happening in the next few years. I'd prefer them to go the route of FA like they did with O'Hara and McKenzie because I'm not very confident in Reese's ability to draft good players along the offensive line.

NO to Ray Ray Armstrong. And this is coming from a Hurricanes fan. He's got a WR's body and mentality. I don't think he ever performed at a level capable of being drafted in the first, and he was outplayed by Vaughn Telemaque throughout their careers and he's expected to be an undrafted FA. Ray Ray is just an athlete who never specialized in any position, which is going to hurt his chances of getting a shot in the NFL.

Why no to a safety? I don't know if Rolle will still be on the team next year and I don't trust Stevie brown to repeat. That leaves will hill who has limited play time and Mundy. We lost KP and our secondary always needs help.
fracdaddy14

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe its just me, but I'm not big on any of the Safeties in this year's class. I like Vaccaro, but the rest don't seem to worthy of a Day 1-2 selection for the Giants. Reid, to me, was helped by playing with superior talent at LSU. His traits remind me of Reggie Nelson, who had good talent, but questionable instincts. He made himself into a decent player now, but he bombed his first few years in Jacksonville. I would rather skip this year, or take one late like Bradley McDougald or John Boyett who could develop. We have Rolle for another year and try again next year. There are still some decent vets out there too.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
+1... x100 Laughing

i would posit for thought, while i agree that you can't have enough pass rushers, that does not necessarily mean that it has to be a down lineman who is a feared pass rusher... Wink

Jarvis Jones, I'm looking at you... Twisted Evil

You know what, I never thought about Jarvis Jones. He could potentially be a great addition as a two-down SLB and a third-down RE. I just don't know if he has the speed to play in a 4-3 as a linebacker or the bulk to play in a 4-3 as a DE. Intriguing though...

fracdaddy14 wrote:
Maybe its just me, but I'm not big on any of the Safeties in this year's class. I like Vaccaro, but the rest don't seem to worthy of a Day 1-2 selection for the Giants. Reid, to me, was helped by playing with superior talent at LSU. His traits remind me of Reggie Nelson, who had good talent, but questionable instincts. He made himself into a decent player now, but he bombed his first few years in Jacksonville. I would rather skip this year, or take one late like Bradley McDougald or John Boyett who could develop. We have Rolle for another year and try again next year. There are still some decent vets out there too.

This draft doesn't have elite safety prospects, but there's probably about 15 safeties who can contribute as either a safety or quality backup. It's very deep. I honestly don't really like the safeties at the top of the draft other than Cyprien and Swearinger.
fracdaddy14

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HakeemTheDream wrote:
dkebones wrote:
+1... x100 Laughing

i would posit for thought, while i agree that you can't have enough pass rushers, that does not necessarily mean that it has to be a down lineman who is a feared pass rusher... Wink

You know what, I never thought about Jarvis Jones. He could potentially be a great addition as a two-down SLB and a third-down RE. I just don't know if he has the speed to play in a 4-3 as a linebacker or the bulk to play in a 4-3 as a DE. Intriguing though...

I think Jarvis Jones plays faster than times. If we trotted out big Kiwi at SLB, Jones would be just fine. He can play Kiwi's elephant LB role in downs 1-2 then take Osi's NASCAR nickle package role. I think he could excel there. All we would need is a nickle LB to pair with JWill. He doesn't have to be a starter necessarily. Assuming Rivers is always injured, we could find that type later in the draft or FA or give Paysinger or Mundy a try. We could start Jones and JWill outside and Connor/Herzalich inside.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarvis Jones dominated the SEC last year. His measurables weren't great, but the tape should speak for itself
dkebones

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HakeemTheDream wrote:
dkebones wrote:
+1... x100 Laughing

I think given his combine and pro day he actually fits much better into a 4-3 role, especially one that can allow him to put his hand down at times. Ironically, Gil brandt came out and said he doesn't think he fits into a 3-4 scheme because he's not good enough in space given his "chase speed." That's fine, cause we don't need to rely on him in space and I think he can wreak havoc on qbs trying to pick out what/where he's going to be from play to play.
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

knowing connor or herz will be manning the middle makes me want to cry a little.
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And just tossing it out there that if we draft Werner i'll probably splatter my brains on the wall. If we they really want to go DE go Tank. I think Werner is honestly really bad, and his tape looks like right place right time. Not to mention he is not athletic. I saw tape of him getting manhandled by TEs. Tackles and guards in the big leagues would kill him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: