Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ware and Orlovsky are Released
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Ware and Orlovsky are Released Reply with quote

Rotoworld:

Quote:
Bucs released QB Dan Orlovsky.

Quote:
Bucs released RB D.J. Ware.

Neither is a big loss. Addition of Leonard and rumors of adding Hoyer are better replacements.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we add QB in the draft. Someone who's a better option to turn to if Freeman either falters again or gets hurt.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why target a bunk qb in a bunk class so IF Freeman busts we have a bad rookie option to take over. We will have money to pay a fa next year or have the option in a better draft class. Why waste the pick?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
I think we add QB in the draft. Someone who's a better option to turn to if Freeman either falters again or gets hurt.

I hope not, unless you're talking about adding a strictly career backup in rounds 4-7. I'm of the mindset that you have to love your QB if you take him in the draft so unless we're getting one of, if not the top guy (who in this class isn't that great anyway), I don't want anything to do with them. Having a middling talent level QB is worse than having a bad QB, in my opinion. If Freeman falters, I want to be in a position to get a franchise QB in the first round of 2014.

^Props to eggybucsfan31 for the sig ^
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
Why target a bunk qb in a bunk class so IF Freeman busts we have a bad rookie option to take over. We will have money to pay a fa next year or have the option in a better draft class. Why waste the pick?

Look, not every QB class is going to be like 2012. I think most of us are spoiled. Wilson, RGIII and Luck were phenomenal prospects.

This class has upside and a few guys that can be starters, some very good.

Tyler Wilson, EJ Manuel, and Ryan Nassib all have that upside and have tools and intangibles to be starters in this league. However, there are some question marks, just like many other QB prospects. 2nd-3rd round is good risk for them this year. They can turn into something.
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

I think a lot of these guys are solid day three options, just not what you want if your picking one in the top two rounds. There's potential.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renegades5544 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

I hope not, unless you're talking about adding a strictly career backup in rounds 4-7. I'm of the mindset that you have to love your QB if you take him in the draft so unless we're getting one of, if not the top guy (who in this class isn't that great anyway), I don't want anything to do with them. Having a middling talent level QB is worse than having a bad QB, in my opinion. If Freeman falters, I want to be in a position to get a franchise QB in the first round of 2014.

Thing is, Dom wants to keep his job. That's something you have to keep in the back of your mind. Do you think if Freeman strikes out early, He'd rather feel comfortable going to a back up option to step in or a scrub?

Getting a better prospect and option would increase Dom's job security than a 6th round scrub, if Free falters. I don't think Dom is looking towards the 2014 QB class because if we struggle and dont win, he's most likely not with the team in 2014.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Look, not every QB class is going to be like 2012. I think most of us are spoiled. Wilson, RGIII and Luck were phenomenal prospects.

Tyler Wilson, EJ Manuel, and Ryan Nassib all have that upside and have tools and intangibles to be starters in this league. However, there are some question marks, just like many other QB prospects. 2nd-3rd round is good risk for them this year. They can turn into something.

Ya thanks for the info the last years draft class not happening every year... Wink

I would welcome Manuel to this team no doubt. But not for what it is going to cost is to get him. Are you willing to trade back up into the late 1st to grab him thinking that Free may not pan out? Or should we load up the defense or add another weapon to the offense so if we do have to add a vet or rookie qb next year they have more weapons. If Freeman done blowed up them we trade up from our 2nd to grab Manuel to what hold a clip board?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Renegades5544 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Thing is, Dom wants to keep his job. That's something you have to keep in the back of your mind. Do you think if Freeman strikes out early, He'd rather feel comfortable going to a back up option to step in or a scrub?

Getting a better prospect and option would increase Dom's job security than a 6th round scrub, if Free falters. I don't think Dom is looking towards the 2014 QB class because if we struggle and dont win, he's most likely not with the team in 2014.

Solid point. I don't disagree, I was just stating my preference. QBs always get over valued, and this year, they're going to get really over drafted because the class is so weak. I just really don't want to spend a an early round pick on mid round talents.

^Props to eggybucsfan31 for the sig ^
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renegades5544 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Renegades5544 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Solid point. I don't disagree, I was just stating my preference. QBs always get over valued, and this year, they're going to get really over drafted because the class is so weak. I just really don't want to spend a an early round pick on mid round talents.

If a run on QBs go in round 1, then yes overvalued is the statement. Not in round 2 however.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Ya thanks for the info the last years draft class not happening every year... Wink

I would welcome Manuel to this team no doubt. But not for what it is going to cost is to get him. Are you willing to trade back up into the late 1st to grab him thinking that Free may not pan out? Or should we load up the defense or add another weapon to the offense so if we do have to add a vet or rookie qb next year they have more weapons. If Freeman done blowed up them we trade up from our 2nd to grab Manuel to what hold a clip board?

?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

?

If Free fails, Dom wont be here to pick a QB. He;s going to make sure a quality fall back option is there.

I didn't say to Trade up into Round 1. Round 2, someone like Wilson or Nassib should be there. Moving move a few spots in round 2 isn't costly either. Manuel could be there as well, pending on what Philly does in round 1, if they take Geno.,
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No "fall back option" is going to save Dom in your scenario.
5nick5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
No "fall back option" is going to save Dom in your scenario.

Yep, Dom needs to cross his fingers that Josh can at least lead them to a winning record this season. It doesn't make too much of a difference if Freeman doesn't take them to the playoffs or a rookie QB doesn't take them to the playoffs, he'll lose his job either way.

Plus, this QB draft class sucks. We know that there isn't a Luck or Griffin in every class, but next year should be a good class. Guys like Bridgewater, McCarron, Murray, and possibly Manziel will be coming out. All of them are miles ahead of what's available in this draft class.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt-a-Buc - Johnthan Banks 40 Tackles 2INT 5PD
Pvsports9

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

0 chance we take a qb in the first two rounds this year. (and I've made it clear I'm a big Mallett trade guy)

Dom does need to win this year- that's why it's hard for me to see him using a high pick on a solid backup for freeman when he can use it to bring in an impact player at a position of need...that would be his best chance of winning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: