Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hypothetical Scenario: Trade Opportunities
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Hypothetical Scenario: Trade Opportunities Reply with quote

Ok. Say we're on the clock. And the following 12 players are drafted like this:

1. Cheifs: Joeckel
2. Jags:Shariff Floyd
3. Raiders: Star Loutelli
4. Eagles: Eric Fisher
5. Lions: Ziggy Ansah
6. Browns: Dee Milliner
7. Cardinals: Lane Johnson
8. Bills: Geno Smith
9. Jets: Dion Jordan
10. Titans: Sheldon Richardson
11. Chargers: Xavier Rhodes
12. Dolphins: Tavon Austin

We're up and interest is brewing for FS Kenny Vaccaro, who many think is an all round Safety prospect. Very good in coverage, ball skills, and solid open field tackler.

With the Niners loaded with draft picks, and a HOT need for FS to replace Goldson, they phone Dom, with Vaccaro possibly going at 14 to Carolina, 16, to St. Louis, and 18 to Dallas, with an offer of the 31st pick, 34th pick and a 4th round pick.

With the depth in this draft ranging of pretty good quality through the top 55 picks, I think that'd be a great move.

We could then have our choice at 31. We have some picks to move up a few spots for TE Tyler Eifert, CB Desmond Trufant, stay and take Jonathon Banks at 31. (I know, not the biggest Banks fan from his senior year, but his Junior Tape was impressive).

This scenario could land us this draft:

1st: Jonathon Banks (31 overall)
2A: QB? EJ Manuel? Tyler Wilson? Ryan Nassib? (Freeman needs competition and we've looked into him. Just cut Orlovsky)
2b: TE Zach Ertz
3rd: DT or CB
4a: DT or CB
4b: DE or LB
4c: BPA
5th: OL
6th BPA?
6th: GPA

With all those picks, the Niners are primed to make a move. 15 to be exact. They are a near complete team and something tells me they like Vaccarro and have enough ammo to make that move.

I think we're prime trade Candidates for it. Just because 3 teams after us are in need of a safety.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would be a solid move with what's presented there. I wouldnt take any player left at 13.

If we get Revis it'll probably be with our second rounder, so trading down in that scenario would be great.

Im not a fan of taken a QB there, the only QB i like is Manuel and he is very Freeman like with his problems. I also dont like Ertz. Give me Escobar or Kelce if we are going TE

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be pretty cool if we could pull it off.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
would be a solid move with what's presented there. I wouldnt take any player left at 13.

If we get Revis it'll probably be with our second rounder, so trading down in that scenario would be great.

Im not a fan of taken a QB there, the only QB i like is Manuel and he is very Freeman like with his problems. I also dont like Ertz. Give me Escobar or Kelce if we are going TE

The comparison between Manuel and Freeman are only that of height and size. Mechanics are better for manuel, better accuracy (close to 70 % completion wise in the intermediate route).

To me, Manuel is a better prospect coming out and seems to be more polished than Freeman. More Accurate,
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I'd also scrap the whole Revis deal. If I'm Dom, I'd call Green Bay and see Tramon Williams availability. With the potential deals upcoming for Matthews and Rodgers, and possibly Raji, they may need to clear some space. They have some solid young talent in Hayward, House, Shields and Bush at CB, so Williams could become Expendable for a 3rd round pick.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I'd also scrap the whole Revis deal. If I'm Dom, I'd call Green Bay and see Tramon Williams availability. With the potential deals upcoming for Matthews and Rodgers, and possibly Raji, they may need to clear some space. They have some solid young talent in Hayward, House, Shields and Bush at CB, so Williams could become Expendable for a 3rd round pick.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:

The comparison between Manuel and Freeman are only that of height and size. Mechanics are better for manuel, better accuracy (close to 70 % completion wise in the intermediate route).

To me, Manuel is a better prospect coming out and seems to be more polished than Freeman. More Accurate,

No, the comparisons are not just of weight and height. We have been over this a couple of times...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:

No, the comparisons are not just of weight and height. We have been over this a couple of times...

exactly. Spoty footwork, relying on arm too much, overthrow on short passes. Wouldnt mind Manuel but Freeman was a better prospect

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way Freeman was a better prospect then Manuel. If Manuel was with Stafford Sanchez and Freeman. He would of been the 2nd QB taken
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottonatable wrote:
No way Freeman was a better prospect then Manuel. If Manuel was with Stafford Sanchez and Freeman. He would of been the 2nd QB taken

Thank you. Many people forget, the biggest thing on Freeman coming out, was potential. Manuel has a ton of upside as well, but he's more polished. Footwork needs work, but is better, he's been more accurate between the 6-20 yard throws near 70%. Better feel for the pocket.

Could do a better job against pressure, but isn't horrendous. More vocal and better athlete. Has better mechanics as well.

I don;'t get the projection of "Spotty" accuracy. He's completed 66 and 67% of his passes. You saw his accuracy throughout the season and it was very good. He displayed it at the Senior bowl as well.

EDIT: Also have to factor in, SChiano met with him twice, both at the Senior bowl and Combine. So, there is interest.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
scottonatable wrote:

Thank you. Many people forget, the biggest thing on Freeman coming out, was potential. Manuel has a ton of upside as well, but he's more polished. Footwork needs work, but is better, he's been more accurate between the 6-20 yard throws near 70%. Better feel for the pocket.

Could do a better job against pressure, but isn't horrendous. More vocal and better athlete. Has better mechanics as well.

I don;'t get the projection of "Spotty" accuracy. He's completed 66 and 67% of his passes. You saw his accuracy throughout the season and it was very good. He displayed it at the Senior bowl as well.

EDIT: Also have to factor in, SChiano met with him twice, both at the Senior bowl and Combine. So, there is interest.

Freeman came from a pro ready scheme at Kansas State.....We'll see where Manuel gets taken, but if he isn't taken in the first round in a class lacking some star potential....Then I dont know

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
scottonatable wrote:

Freeman came from a pro ready scheme at Kansas State.....We'll see where Manuel gets taken, but if he isn't taken in the first round in a class lacking some star potential....Then I dont know

Manuel also played in a pro style offense.

I think they look at a QB high. Dom won't get another chance to draft Freeman's replacement in 2014. No playoffs and another down year probably means, after 5 years and a poor record, he may not be with the Bucs in 2014.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay put and draft...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
Stay put and draft...

No thanks.
Pvsports9

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
Stay put and draft...

No way...and it has 0 to do with his pro day

Not a fan of a qb in round 2...I was absolutely ready to light my tv on fire when we drafted Freeman and I'd probably want to do the same for Manuel

I do want a qb this draft...but I was thinking more of rounds 4-7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: