Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Could the 49ers offense overtake the defense this season?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clark87

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A top 5 offense does not have to be a quick scoring offense that does not allow the defense to rest. The 49ers have an offense that can eat up the clock and give the defense plenty of time to rest. The run game and short to intermediate passing game is what the 49ers do best. The play-off game against the Packers (1st qrt ) is a perfect example. The Packers offense spent very little time on the field that first qrt. What better way to keep the other team from scoring then to keep their offense off the field? The way the 49ers are built makes it very possible to have both a top 5 offense and defense.
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
Right now we have a hole because of Delanie's departure. WIth Eifert or Ertz we not only fill that hole, we upgrade the offense become even more explosive. Please do it.

I 2nd the motion! All in favor?
I have wanted an upgrade to Walker for a while. I loved seeing Walker pull of those wham-blocks (very good at that), but held my breath just about every time a pass went his way. Talk about stressing out the fans... Confused
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my big contribution to this topic = "don't curr... just WIN!"

/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Both units could very easily be top 5 next season.

However, the defense will have the Smith bros healthy again which makes this a top 2-3 unit AT WORSE.

I wouldn't say at worse, but it makes it very likely.

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
I hear within 5 years the fans at Jags games will be able to vote via Twitter on the in-game playcalls.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: