Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens Release Brendon Ayanbadejo
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:

Our quarterback's contract was up this offseason, and in Flacco we're talking about a guy who periodically mouths off to the press about how he feels disrespected and how he feels he is 'elite.' What did we do? Only made him the highest paid player in the NFL.

He also slated the idea of a cold weather Super Bowl, quite publicly and relatively controversially (due to his choice of word).

It seems like Harbs is being painted as some sort of control freak here, who needs to have everyone in line or they're out of the door. I'm sorry, I simply don't get that impression from the man at all. He seems like a guy who is big on collaborative success, and even Ed Reed himself said that the way he handled that 'mutiny' said a huge amount about the strength of Harbs' character.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Baltimore Ravens ‏@Ravens 30s
Ozzie on Ayanbadejo: "The door may not be closed to bring him back to help us again.”

I'm up for another Prescott Burgess situation. Who's with me?
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:
Ozzie on Ayanbadejo: "The door may not be closed to bring him back to help us again.”

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get it? Sigh...
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1.) Obviously this is Joe Flaccos' fault.

2.) It REALLY seems like Harbaugh wants EVERYONE who was outspoken (not only trash talking, but just outspoken in general) gone, and if not, it's just a HUGE coincidence then.

Rolling Eyes Wake me up when they cut Terrell Suggs or Ray Rice. Aside from a Mike Preston article (which he didn't even present as being more than a guess), what ties any of these moves to Harbaugh?

What these players have in common is that they are veterans. Veterans happen to be more "outspoken" players in the locker room.

Pollard's release is the only one that could possibly be related to personality issues.
Baltimore Pride

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really care what the reason was, it was the right move to get rid of him. Going into this off-season, between the draft and UDFA, I like having that extra room at LB for younger/future starters.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:

I got you and I'm with ya. Nice to have a guy who is willing to just come back and jump on the field at a moments notice.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“Just a heads up I did an interview today and no way said I was cut because my views,” Ayanbadejo tweeted last night. “I said my talk was louder than my production & at 36 when you are not producing it is a fair move. You can find cheaper guys to do what I do. Ravens are the BEST organization in the nfl period!”

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-45-Brendon-Ayanbadejo-Upset-Says-Not-Cut-For-Gay-Rights-Views/dbfb4449-df54-4c72-995e-817b1571849e

DB Edit: Remember to keep it to just a few lines so as to avoid copy right violations.

Dude, he's a football player. He's not Batman.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1.) Obviously this is Joe Flaccos' fault.

2.) It REALLY seems like Harbaugh wants EVERYONE who was outspoken (not only trash talking, but just outspoken in general) gone, and if not, it's just a HUGE coincidence then.

Rolling Eyes Wake me up when they cut Terrell Suggs or Ray Rice. Aside from a Mike Preston article (which he didn't even present as being more than a guess), what ties any of these moves to Harbaugh?

What these players have in common is that they are veterans. Veterans happen to be more "outspoken" players in the locker room.

Pollard's release is the only one that could possibly be related to personality issues.

I mean I don't really care why he was released, he was obviously on the decline and is old AF and we could use the cap space, so it's not a big deal.

FTR: I AM ALL FOR BRINGING BACK THE BOOM-A-RANG! MAKE IT HAPPEN, OZZIE!

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:

I mean, I'm of the belief that we would not have won a championship without the hard work of the Purple Boomerang in the years prior. He's a saint, a scholar, an occasional sleeper agent embedded in New England, and I hope Bisciotti had a ring made for him.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.”
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:

Bring Back the Boomerang!!!

I mean, given out current situation at ILB, I don't see why we couldn't give him a shot there. I mean, all the kid really wants is a chance! Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: