Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dexter Coakley...a guy that can help us win NOW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AngryChiefsFan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Dexter Coakley...a guy that can help us win NOW Reply with quote

I see he's been released by Dallas. He's 32, but I think he's still got a couple of good years left in him. We need more than a middle linebacker. It sounds as if Barber is definitely not going to be ready to start the season, and he might not play at all. Coakley is a play maker with great intangibles. Our first priority should be to make our big splash with Rolle or Trotter and then to address the other position. But after we address CB and MLB, we should take a look at this guy who probably isn't going to look to break the bank. I think he would provide a great veteran presence to our linebacking corps.
2TP3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He might actually be better than all the other MLBs in FA and he has more expirience than all of them. Hes a proven pro bowler and has over a 1000 tackles so he can tackle and he is fast but he is short but dont read too far into that , he'll probably want more $ than any of the other guys because hes veteran. I still want a younger guy, personally I like Hartwell.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter how desperate we are for D help, it is a BAD, BAD idea to invest heavily in 32+ year old players. I do not want Dexter Coakley.
Jester

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3432970
kcbamm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: dexter cokley Reply with quote

i do not want coakley-too old. i want trotter. i would take a cb with a #1 if we got trotter or hartwell. is browner worth a #1? he has the size to cause problems for some receivers. don't forget about the age of the o-line. i wish we had tait back?
mh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browner is big, but not as fast as some thought. I want us to get speed, Carlos Rogers/Fabian Washington speed. Washington ran an official 4.25, fastest since Deion in the early 90's.
EricCartman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mh wrote:
Browner is big, but not as fast as some thought. I want us to get speed, Carlos Rogers/Fabian Washington speed. Washington ran an official 4.25, fastest since Deion in the early 90's.

Washington could be had with a 2. I like that. However, Gunther is pushing for us to sign Rolle and if that happens, we would go for Erasmus James or someone like that with the first pick
kcbamm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: dextercoakley Reply with quote

if we sign rolle i think we need a stud lb. the d-line will be lots better with the addition of rolle and a lb. don't forget the o-line
kcbamm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: dextercoakley Reply with quote

if we sign rolle i think we need a stud lb. the d-line will be lots better with the addition of rolle and a lb. don't forget the o-line
Mongo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a poor combine performance Browner's stock has dropped and many feel he is no longer suited to play CB in the NFL. They are projecting him at safety. Pity. A CB with his size would be scary.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: