Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Giants WR Victor Cruz joins Jay-Z sports agency, Roc Nation
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Giants WR Victor Cruz joins Jay-Z sports agency, Roc Nation Reply with quote

Quote:
Long before Robinson Cano joined forces with Jay-Z this week, Victor Cruz let people know he was affiliated with the rap impresario.

When scoring touchdowns, Cruz not only did his trademark salsa dance but he also started flashing the Roc hand sign (using both hands to form a diamond) last season. The wide receiver politely said he couldn't talk about it whenever asked, but a source said he was indeed going to be a part of Jay-Z's latest sports venture, Roc Nation Sports.

While the only thing that has been made official thus far is Cruz joining Creative Artists Agency (CAA), ESPN's Adam Schefter has confirmed media reports that Cruz will be a part of the new Roc Nation/CAA venture. Cruz recently hired CAA's Tom Condon to represent him and the expectation is that Condon will negotiate his contract with the Giants.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/24099/cruz-will-also-work-with-jay-z

Recently the Giants have made Victor Cruz an offer that exceeds the $6 million per year that the Broncos paid WR Wes Welker in free-agency.

Under his restricted free-agent tender [if he signs it], Victor Cruz will make $2.879 million in 2013.

***Update***
Quote:
Victor Cruz has not shown up for voluntary offseason conditioning with #Giants, I'm told. Not a surprise. Hasn't signed RFA tender either

http://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/323822218394103808
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:39 am; edited 2 times in total
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course he is Rolling Eyes

Whatever man just sign a contract and play football
Acgott

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't change anything. Cruz is not leaving NY and his endorsements
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this helps his stay in New York. No one knows how to capitalize the New York media like Jay Z. Same reason Cano signed imo. Cruz wants to be here.

^Stone85 on the sig^
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Cruz and the Dog:

Tom Brady Tribute
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
More Cruz and the Dog:

He's not coming back. An article just came out on nfl.com about how he wants 10-11 million annually. Good luck anywhere else Cruz, let me know of any other big named giants that left and succeeded in recent years. You were one of my favorite giants, but the greediness is finally started to show and it's ashame. Go play in st. Louis, Minnesota, or any other small market team. Come back and tell us if it was worth leaving. Your not worth 10 a year, 8 is max. WRs are the most replaceable position in football when you have an elite QB. Go ahead and uproot your whole family for a bigger deal. Ok I'm done I needed to vent, after reading that article I became infuriated because I honestly thought he would except that deal.
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't Jay-Z want to keep him New York? Think

If he leaves, it'll suck but the Giants will live on. The key to success in football is a strong organization, front office, and coaching staff, not one player. We'll see what happens
dkebones

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feels like alot of posturing. Especially on a team with alot of WR depth and facing the prospect of having to play the season for $2.8M with no protection. holding out is not really an option since (i) he holds out long enough and he loses his UFA designation, and (ii) he holds out long enough and he faces coming back like countless other holdouts and gets hurt, thus nullifying (probably overstated, but at any rate, severely stunting) any value he's created in this market.
Ermertne

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sucks but I don't see him remaining a Giant the giants won't overpay Imo he's worth 9mil tho but he can be replaced and they might as well put him on the trading block now
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
Feels like alot of posturing. Especially on a team with alot of WR depth and facing the prospect of having to play the season for $2.8M with no protection. holding out is not really an option since (i) he holds out long enough and he loses his UFA designation, and (ii) he holds out long enough and he faces coming back like countless other holdouts and gets hurt, thus nullifying (probably overstated, but at any rate, severely stunting) any value he's created in this market.

Yup, we can also lower his RFA tender I believe from 2.8M to something like 500K if we really wanted to if he doesn't sign by a certain time.

^Stone85 on the sig^
dkebones

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ermertne wrote:
This sucks but I don't see him remaining a Giant the giants won't overpay Imo he's worth 9mil tho but he can be replaced and they might as well put him on the trading block now

but if he's "replacable" then how/why is he worth $9M? pay the premium for Stedman Bailey in the second round to assure you get him and let Cruz go his merry way after this season.

and I would have serious reservations about paying $9M/yr... in two years we're looking at a $25M receiving corps...
Ermertne

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
Ermertne wrote:

but if he's "replacable" then how/why is he worth $9M? pay the premium for Stedman Bailey in the second round to assure you get him and let Cruz go his merry way after this season.

and I would have serious reservations about paying $9M/yr... in two years we're looking at a $25M receiving corps...

9mil a yr because he's consistent and stays healthy (unlike nicks) and in his prime and I seen a chart that had receivers pay grade and D-Jackson get 8-9 a year and a couple other receivers that should not get paid more then cruz
dkebones

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ermertne wrote:
dkebones wrote:
Ermertne wrote:

9mil a yr because he's consistent and stays healthy (unlike nicks) and in his prime and I seen a chart that had receivers pay grade and D-Jackson get 8-9 a year and a couple other receivers that should not get paid more then cruz

but looking at "salaries" and "guaranteed money" is apples and oranges. Jackson got a huge chunk up front. He's only making a base of $4M this coming season. but more importantly, the whole contract only has $15M guaranteed. THAT is a win-win for both the team and the player as far as i'm concerned.

and the Mike Wallace contract is plain stupid. he's a headcase, and he's so dependent on speed that who knows what he looks like at 30yo, let alone a knee injury. even Percy Harvin's deal "only" had $25M guaranteed.

i'm not sure what Cruz is playing to at this point; if it's true that the Giants offered him a deal with $21M guaranteed he's being penny-wise and pound foolish...
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a little tid bit. Andre johnson is making the most base salary next year at 9.5 mill. Idl where I read that. Ill look now

That's for receivers of course
Quote:

Note: Houston Texans WR Andre Johnson is currently slated to be the highest paid WR in the NFL in 2013 with a base salary of $9.5 million

http://www.giants101.com/2013/04/04/report-victor-cruz-seeking-10-11-million-annually-from-new-york-giants/

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
bigbluefan80

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did Cruz start doing the Paris Hilton impersonation with the dog?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: