Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft day predictions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rockcity

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
Last I heard 5 teams (including the Lions) were making calls to move down in the draft. It doesn't work as well when there's so many teams looking to move down and there isn't that top can't miss prospect that someone wants. I'm not getting my hopes up for any big trade.

They could move down, but it's going to be hard.
i still think we will. i just think the asking prices will be different..what normally might get you a 2ndrp pick might get you a 3rd and 5th or something.. imo if they do they need to target picks in next years draft. say instead of the 3rd and 5th picks get next years 2nd. the players are there but this draft seems so raw but alot of possible potential..im hoping mayhew can come up with a creative way to trade down and net some future picks. i have a feeling out of any year this is the year i think we trade out of our 1strp or have the best chance,
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
Last I heard 5 teams (including the Lions) were making calls to move down in the draft. It doesn't work as well when there's so many teams looking to move down and there isn't that top can't miss prospect that someone wants. I'm not getting my hopes up for any big trade.

They could move down, but it's going to be hard.

Party pooper. Crying or Very sad

I said it the other day, but hopefully some tackle starved team like Miami trades up for Lane Johnson if both Joeckel and Fisher are off the board.

Team Stylish

Thanks to Smack for the sig!
thenoilif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picks 2-7 were traded last year. Teams moved up to grab LT, WR, QB, RB, S, and CB.
Is Moris Claiborne that much higher of a prosepect than Dee Milliner?
What about Justin Blackmon compared to Tavon Austin or Keenan Allen?
Mark Barron wasn't exactly Earl Thomas or Eric Berry.

Teams will be looking to trade up as there are (3) LT's and (2) DT's that are a step above the rest of the pool as is Milliner, Ansah, and Jordan. Given that all of these are premium positions I think it will offset the depth of this draft when it comes to trade value.
One other thing is there really isn't one of those teams in the top that had a fluky season in 2012. Every top 5 team have many holes to fill including the Lions thus they make favorable trading partners. On the other hand teams picking lower may only have one or two holes to fill and given the low rookie wage scale are now more inclined to move up to secure that one guy they need.
flyguy1609

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio stated on Philly's 97.5 The Fanatic that he's heard the Eagles are targeting a tackle at No. 4 overall, with West Virginia's Tavon Austin as the primary fallback option.
Paolantonio's Eagles nuggets are always notable because he's covered the team for years and is so plugged-in. "Here is what a general manager told me [on Monday]," Sal Pal said, "I know the Eagles want a tackle. And if those are all gone, he said, Dont be shocked if Chip Kelly takes Tavon Austin No. 4.'" Because of his athletic movement skills, Oklahoma's Lane Johnson may be the Eagles' top target. Austin would be an exciting alternative.

http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2013/04/24/more-on-the-eagles-and-tavon-austin/

that would be something if Austin went #4 overall
DrRay11

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyguy1609 wrote:
ESPN's Sal Paolantonio stated on Philly's 97.5 The Fanatic that he's heard the Eagles are targeting a tackle at No. 4 overall, with West Virginia's Tavon Austin as the primary fallback option.
Paolantonio's Eagles nuggets are always notable because he's covered the team for years and is so plugged-in. "Here is what a general manager told me [on Monday]," Sal Pal said, "I know the Eagles want a tackle. And if those are all gone, he said, Dont be shocked if Chip Kelly takes Tavon Austin No. 4.'" Because of his athletic movement skills, Oklahoma's Lane Johnson may be the Eagles' top target. Austin would be an exciting alternative.

Austin is easily the most talented skill position player in the draft, IMO. It shouldn't be a huge surprise.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
flyguy1609 wrote:

Austin is easily the most talented skill position player in the draft, IMO. It shouldn't be a huge surprise.
Bill Polian doesn't like Austin as an early selection. He said on ESPN that teams will find a way to hit him every opportunity they get if he's really that good(Eric Mangini agreed). And at 5'8", 170 lbs, it'll quickly take it's toll on the little guy.

I like Polian, he's made more sense during this Draft coverage than any other analyst I've read or watched.
DrRay11

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:
flyguy1609 wrote:

Bill Polian doesn't like Austin as an early selection. He said on ESPN that teams will find a way to hit him every opportunity they get if he's really that good(Eric Mangini agreed). And at 5'8", 170 lbs, it'll quickly take it's toll on the little guy.

I like Polian, he's made more sense during this Draft coverage than any other analyst I've read or watched.

I'm not saying size isn't a deterrent for a given team, but all it takes is one team to decide it's not that big of an issue for them to get an extremely talented back/receiver.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayock seems to think the Lions will have their choice of Ansah and Jordan @5.
stylish313

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Duderino wrote:
Mayock seems to think the Lions will have their choice of Ansah and Jordan @5.
Don't want Jordan, leave him for the next guy.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@evansilva
Mangini made great pt on Milliner. Schwartz (#Lions), Lombardi (#Browns) both know Saban well. If Milliner slips by 5 & 6, he's got issues.
Good point.

Sig bet
Louis Delmas26

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard SF (they have 13 picks) may wanna move up to get an impact player... Do you think they will be a trade up option?

They could be targeting:
Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
Dion Jordan, OLB, Oregon
Kenny Vacarro, S, Texas
Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU
Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama (doubtful, but their CBs are not getting any younger)

What would we receive back and would you be willing to move back that far?

I'm about to do a mock with that so check it out!
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@RapSheet: Just heard how much #Lions love G Jonathan Cooper. A guard who can run. On screens, etc. with Reggie Bush out of the backfield

Quote:
@RapSheet
The #Lions -- like a lot of teams -- are big fans of how Jonathan Cooper can play center, too. Some think it's his best position.

I wouldn't be mad. I like Cooper.

Sig bet
stylish313

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
Quote:
@RapSheet: Just heard how much #Lions love G Jonathan Cooper. A guard who can run. On screens, etc. with Reggie Bush out of the backfield

Quote:
@RapSheet
The #Lions -- like a lot of teams -- are big fans of how Jonathan Cooper can play center, too. Some think it's his best position.

I wouldn't be mad. I like Cooper.
Trade back, not up!

Cooper would be a fantastic selection.
ManeLine

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anyone the Lions don't like?

Smack

Adopt A Lion - Ryan Broyles
Louis Delmas26

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManeLine wrote:
Is there anyone the Lions don't like?

Half of them are smoke screens and any GM with a brain knows not to talk badly about players before the draft because if they fall to you, their value increases... therefore, the opposing team will have to give up more to trade up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: