Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft day predictions
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tippitover

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Draft day predictions Reply with quote

I thought it might be fun to have thread where we can make claim what might happen on draft day through out the NFL. Who will make trades, bold draft choices, combine this with possible sig bets and it could be intriguing. If not this thread will surely fall by the wayside never to be heard from again. Laughing

Thanks to Smack for the sig!

Team Stylish
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In such a "weak" draft, teams will draft their QB early on in the 1st, and high risk players will also go early.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
stylish313

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
In such a "weak" draft, teams will draft their QB early on in the 1st, and high risk players will also go early.
That defies logic, can't say that I feel the same.

This draft has plenty of NFL talent, just not at the "glamour" positions, except WR.
DrRay11

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

This draft has plenty of NFL talent, just not at the "glamour" positions, except WR.

Agree. O-line is DEEP.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

Well there's a reason I put " weak" instead of just weak. I don't actually think that the draft is weak, but the top isn't very strong so people label it as weak. But, with there being 3 rounds worth good talent, teams can afford to take a riskier player early on. I'm not saying a guy like Mathieu will go round 1, I'm saying that Tavon Austin, Cordarelle Patterson, Lane Johnson, Da'Rick Rogers, and Marcus Lattimore will all go very early (some earlier than others). And, while this QB class doesn't have a super star, there are easily 4 guys that should go round 1 and a few more that could also be 1st round picks.

R.I.P. Stylish
detroitroar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

Agree. O-line is DEEP.

O-line, safety, DT, CB are all deep IMO.

I think its a particularly strong TE class as well.

The lack of QB's, WR's and RB's misleads everyone.

For the topic, I think we will see a lot less trades than usual. That mostly has to do with the above.

2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo
stylish313

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detroitroar wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

Agree. O-line is DEEP.

For the topic, I think we will see a lot less trades than usual. That mostly has to do with the above.
This is one of the better WR classes in recent memory. There's no Green or Fitzgerald, but there are at least 5 first round worthy WRs in this class.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
detroitroar wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

Agree. O-line is DEEP.

This is one of the better WR classes in recent memory. There's no Green or Fitzgerald, but there are at least 5 first round worthy WRs in this class.
Tavon Austin, Cordarelle Patterson, Keenan Allen, Da'Rick Rogers, Robert Woods, Justin Hunter, Terrance Williams, DeAndre Hopkins, and Markus Wheaton. That is a stacked WR class, all of those should at worst be solid #2 WR's.

R.I.P. Stylish
DrRay11

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
detroitroar wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

Agree. O-line is DEEP.

Tavon Austin, Cordarelle Patterson, Keenan Allen, Da'Rick Rogers, Robert Woods, Justin Hunter, Terrance Williams, DeAndre Hopkins, and Markus Wheaton. That is a stacked WR class, all of those should at worst be solid #2 WR's.

I don't agree with all of the players, but do agree that it's got a lot of talented players, which is why we should get used to the idea of a 2nd round wide receiver.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
detroitroar wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

Agree. O-line is DEEP.

Yes, and I envision Kenny Stills, Ace Sanders, and Ryan Swope providing tremendous value for some lucky teams in the middle of the draft.
DrRay11

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
detroitroar wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

Agree. O-line is DEEP.

Yes, and I envision Kenny Stills, Ace Sanders, and Ryan Swope providing tremendous value for some lucky teams in the middle of the draft.

Stedman Bailey! Agree on Swope.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
detroitroar wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

Agree. O-line is DEEP.

I don't agree with all of the players, but do agree that it's got a lot of talented players, which is why we should get used to the idea of a 2nd round wide receiver.
Well yeah, I don't think that Hopkins, Williams, or Wheaton will go round 1, but they're pretty close to 1st round talent. Quinton Patton is another good one too. And Marquess Wilson is a very very talented WR, but is a head case so he doesn't get much love. Honestly I'd love any of those WR's.

R.I.P. Stylish
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
detroitroar wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

Agree. O-line is DEEP.

Stedman Bailey! Agree on Swope.
Yeah, those guys too, even though they're more #3 guys. And Conner Vernon is a similar player to Wes Welker who could potentially provide a great slot WR for someone late in the draft.

R.I.P. Stylish
SuhPLEX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lions will NOT draft Dee Milliner or Chance Warmack at 5

Said the day after the Thanksgiving game.
spurlock84

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This draft is very deep alot of nfl starters will be found in rounds 2-4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: