Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 13 (II) Oakland Raiders War Room
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sundancejoe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll drag my drunk, oversexed body to the comp at 9 AM to make the first selection and reset my alarm so I can do the same each hour afterwards until 2 PM. God damn this devotion to a sorry [inappropriate/removed] team in sorry years, when UDFA makes/breaks our roster!
SanDiegoRaiderFan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sundancejoe wrote:
I'll drag my drunk, oversexed body to the comp at 9 AM to make the first selection and reset my alarm so I can do the same each hour afterwards until 2 PM. God damn this devotion to a sorry [inappropriate/removed] team in sorry years, when UDFA makes/breaks our roster!

I can take it from 11AM ET on.
sundancejoe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I grabbed Jasper Collins as I thought he would make the final 53 as WR5. Maysonet was one of the first claimed as I assumed. DT from Michigan was also taken. I'll be back in an hour.

sundancejoe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also grabbed Adrian Bushell. Again I think he makes the final 53 as CB5. He's mostly an outside CB but can play in the slot (apparently a good blitzer from that position). He's also a return man and gunner on the punt team as well as an effective punt blocker. Good special teams guy with a possible future on the D.

sundancejoe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've claimed Manase Foketi. I think he's a capable backup OT/OG worth developing. Definitely has the tools to be an eventual starter.

Quote:
Unable to transfer to another D-I program, Foketi wound up playing at West Texas A&M in 2012. Not surprisingly, he dominated at the lower level, grading out at 95% for the season and being named one of three finalists for the Gene Upshaw Division II Lineman of the Year Award. Foketi was invited to the East-West Shrine Game but after measuring in was unable to practice.
SanDiegoRaiderFan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job so far sundance. Just let me know if you want me to take over.

I'm going to give plug for OLB Etienne Sabino at this point. Here is some analysis:

Quote:

NFL.com

Bottom Line Sabino is versatile prospect capable of rushing the passer, handling tight ends, and holding the point as a strong side ‘backer and also works hard to plug holes when lined up inside. Sabino still has upside, but will need to prove he can play on special teams.

Quote:
CBSSports.com

Strengths: Athletic frame and flies all over the field with excellent range and the chase skills to catch the ballcarrier from behind. Athletic blitzer and is at his best downhill, working hard to shed blocks with adequate strength and length. Type of player who lacks the instincts and consistency to start at the next level, but could be a late-round pick and core special teams player.

He could compete with Kaelin Burnett as a backup at SLB to Kevin Burnett. He could also compete with Travis Goethel for backup MLB.
sundancejoe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sabino definitely has the physical tools to play in the league. We could use the depth at LB. I'm cool with claiming him next. Probably a drafted player in real life.

I'm still looking at a couple offensive lineman as high priority as well. Eric Herman from Ohio is a guy I like a lot here as well as Graham Pocic from Illinois.
sundancejoe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers just grabbed Herman.
sundancejoe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sundancejoe wrote:
The Raiders claim Etienne Sabino-LB-Ohio State.

Sabino is regarded as a late round pick so grabbing him in UDFA is great value. He didn't really start to put it together as a Buckeye until his senior season but he made some big plays. He's got everything you physically look for at the position and we can hope his best football is ahead of him.
sundancejoe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sundancejoe wrote:
Raiders claim Graham Pocic-Center-Illinois

Quote:
Pocic is physically strong and aggressive with the grit to finish through the whistle and tough-out the battles in the trenches. With several talented interior defensive linemen coming from Big Ten programs the past few years, including his own teammates, Pocic has been routinely tested as the rock of the Illinois line. Although not likely to be a Day 1 or 2 pick like the first four prospects on this list, Pocic currently projects as a mid-to-late round player and a borderline top-five senior at his position.
--Dane Brugler

Good depth for the interior line. Big guy for a Center and I feel very underrated guy.
sundancejoe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta take a nap and head to work. I'll leave the rest to you SDRF.
Jamethus92

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be on in a few hours and ready to make some claims if you guys need me to take a shift. Just send me some more targets and I'll keep an eye on them when I get out of class (should be done in like ~3 hours).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went with Tommy Bohanon, FB, Wake Forest:

The top FB left on sundance's and my boards. A FB/TE hybrid, will compete for the backup position behind Marcel Reese.

Last edited by SanDiegoRaiderFan on Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
sundancejoe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez the prospects really went fast. Id definitely like to see Thompson, Pena and Herman added.
SanDiegoRaiderFan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sundancejoe wrote:
Jeez the prospects really went fast. Id definitely like to see Thompson, Pena and Herman added.

Got two out of the three. Anybody else we want?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 21 of 23

Jump to: