Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD II 2013 War Room
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 20872
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Interesting ... Sean Renfree went 6 picks after ours. In case anyone cared, that was A1.
we have 4 qbs, I would have been ok if he was taken but given Helu's foot injury, overall injury history and the fact that I think Jamison is a better pick, he was the right choice


Again, I don't buy for a second that Pat White is anything but a camp arm and Grossman's time in DC is almost assuredly done after 2013, if he even makes the final roster.

When I was looking at other options than punter (which I noticed you ducked out on Wink ), I looked at him. The reason I didn't mention him was that in addition to his poor 40 time (4.68 (1.63/2.60 splits) - 20th-T at Combine), was also his vertical (29.0" - worst at Combine), and broad jump (9'2" - tied for second worst at Combine). He didn't run the shuttle or 3-cone at the Combine, but at his Pro Day he ran a poor shuttle (4.62 - would have tied for the worst at the Combine). Across the board, those are some bad numbers.

However, none of those are as bad as the 3 cone drill he ran at his Pro Day (7.47 s). To put that in some perspective, had he run that at the Combine, he would have only beaten 1 QB (Mike Glennon, a statue who ran a 7.49), 1 TE (Chris Pantale, 7.48), 2 LBs (Sio Moore (7.49) and Khaseem Greene (7.58)) ... and 12 DL. To be fair, that time would have been excellent for an offensive lineman as it would have been the eight best time amongst that group. Of course, those guys outweigh him by about 100-120 pounds.

Keep in mind that Pro Day times tend to be a bit more favorable to the player than the ones at the Combine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 65392
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Interesting ... Sean Renfree went 6 picks after ours. In case anyone cared, that was A1.
we have 4 qbs, I would have been ok if he was taken but given Helu's foot injury, overall injury history and the fact that I think Jamison is a better pick, he was the right choice


Again, I don't buy for a second that Pat White is anything but a camp arm and Grossman's time in DC is almost assuredly done after 2013, if he even makes the final roster.
well I disagree about White because he could have went other places, he came to DC for a reason.

Quote:
When I was looking at other options than punter (which I noticed you ducked out on Wink ), I looked at him. The reason I didn't mention him was that in addition to his poor 40 time (4.68 (1.63/2.60 splits) - 20th-T at Combine), was also his vertical (29.0" - worst at Combine), and broad jump (9'2" - tied for second worst at Combine). He didn't run the shuttle or 3-cone at the Combine, but at his Pro Day he ran a poor shuttle (4.62 - would have tied for the worst at the Combine). Across the board, those are some bad numbers.
I put more stock into what players do on the field than on the combine. I'm not sure what you are talking about in the bolded, I've been talking about prospects for late rounds for days. The only reason I may have been absent for hours would have been because I was in meeting for work all day yesterday and my phone died in the early afternoon and I wasn't anywhere near a computer of my own. I made this post last night when 24-7 asked me to at 12:04 am:

Quote:
Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:04 am

Redskins24-7 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
We should just take BPA. I have a feeling it won't be a punter.

Oh and do you guys know that Brad Wing was going to fail a drug test and that's why he left for the NFL?

That's what Parrothead told me a while back when I thought we should draft him.

He said Brad Wing will be a horrible character guy and get in trouble a lot off the field.

Still want him?
I never did. We don't need headcases anywhere near this team. Who is the BPA to you, turtle?
leme do some research and I'll be right back to ya. Wink Off to the bat cave!

1. Rontez Miles, FS, California (Pa)
2. Travis Johnson, OLB, San Jose St
3. Josh Johnson, CB, Purdue
4. Matt Furstenberg, TE, UMD
5. Johnathan Stewart, ILB, Tex A&M
6. Steve Williams, CB, California
7. Adrian Bushell, CB, Louisville
8. Walt Stewart, OLB, Cincinnati
9. Stephon Jefferson, RB, Nevada
10. Kapron Lewis-Moore, DE, Notre Davis

Quote:

However, none of those are as bad as the 3 cone drill he ran at his Pro Day (7.47 s). To put that in some perspective, had he run that at the Combine, he would have only beaten 1 QB (Mike Glennon, a statue who ran a 7.49), 1 TE (Chris Pantale, 7.48), 2 LBs (Sio Moore (7.49) and Khaseem Greene (7.58)) ... and 12 DL. To be fair, that time would have been excellent for an offensive lineman as it would have been the eight best time amongst that group. Of course, those guys outweigh him by about 100-120 pounds.

Keep in mind that Pro Day times tend to be a bit more favorable to the player than the ones at the Combine.
I have to admit I'm shocked by those #s because scouts have thought he's a mid round pick most of the year and he performed well.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 20872
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Interesting ... Sean Renfree went 6 picks after ours. In case anyone cared, that was A1.
we have 4 qbs, I would have been ok if he was taken but given Helu's foot injury, overall injury history and the fact that I think Jamison is a better pick, he was the right choice


Again, I don't buy for a second that Pat White is anything but a camp arm and Grossman's time in DC is almost assuredly done after 2013, if he even makes the final roster.
well I disagree about White because he could have went other places, he came to DC for a reason.


Because they gave him a chance to at least be on a professional football team, something he hasn't had in two years (three years for a NFL team)? Teams weren't beating down his door.

My apologies on the ducking comment. I saw the bat cave comment, but I somehow missed your choices. Ah, looks like you edited it. Must have seen it before that. Again, my apologies.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 65392
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Interesting ... Sean Renfree went 6 picks after ours. In case anyone cared, that was A1.
we have 4 qbs, I would have been ok if he was taken but given Helu's foot injury, overall injury history and the fact that I think Jamison is a better pick, he was the right choice


Again, I don't buy for a second that Pat White is anything but a camp arm and Grossman's time in DC is almost assuredly done after 2013, if he even makes the final roster.
well I disagree about White because he could have went other places, he came to DC for a reason.


Because they gave him a chance to at least be on a professional football team, something he hasn't had in two years (three years for a NFL team)? Teams weren't beating down his door.

My apologies on the ducking comment. I saw the bat cave comment, but I somehow missed your choices. Ah, looks like you edited it. Must have seen it before that. Again, my apologies.
no biggie. I guess with White it's several things, mostly I'm biased towards him:

1. he's my 2nd most favorite WVU qb of all time behind Major Harris
2. I just want Grossman gone
3. I'd like to have another qb besides rg3 who San also run the read option effectively
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32
Page 32 of 32

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group