Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

new york giants 2013 draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonynygiants10

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: new york giants 2013 draft Reply with quote

I think tyler eifert should be the pick if werner and tank are gone here's what danny flynn a bleacher report reporter said yesterday in an article

The Giants parted ways with their top tight end Martellus Bennett this offseason, which has opened up a huge hole at the position that now needs to be filled.

Neither Brandon Myers nor Bear Pascoe are legitimate No. 1 tight ends. Super-athletic Adrien Robinson is loaded with potential, but he's still an unproven commodity after barely seeing the field as a rookie in 2012.

New York could turn to the draft to find Bennett's replacement. If the team has a shot at this year's top tight end prospect, Notre Dame's Tyler Eifert, he would obviously be tough to pass up.

Eifert is the exact type of prospect that GM Jerry Reese is looking for. The athletic pass-catcher is a smart, humble and hard-working player, who will present plenty of matchup problems for opposing defenses
Another mock draft I read here from I'm assumeing is from the guy who made this website his mock draft has the giants selecting tyler eifert as well here's what he said * Brandon Myers was signed in free agency, but he's nothing spectacular. Eiffert has the skills to be a playmaker as a receiver and shows potential as a blocker. The team hasn't had a playmaker like Eiffert since Jeremy Shockey's prime.
Acgott

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you are very excited about the draft and that is great, but that could have gone in here

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=518335
tonynygiants10

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
I know you are very excited about the draft and that is great, but that could have gone in here

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=518335

thanks ill move it I'm sorry still new at this
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: new york giants 2013 draft Reply with quote

tonynygiants10 wrote:
I think tyler eifert should be the pick if werner and tank are gone here's what danny flynn a bleacher report reporter said yesterday in an article

The Giants parted ways with their top tight end Martellus Bennett this offseason, which has opened up a huge hole at the position that now needs to be filled.

Neither Brandon Myers nor Bear Pascoe are legitimate No. 1 tight ends. Super-athletic Adrien Robinson is loaded with potential, but he's still an unproven commodity after barely seeing the field as a rookie in 2012.

New York could turn to the draft to find Bennett's replacement. If the team has a shot at this year's top tight end prospect, Notre Dame's Tyler Eifert, he would obviously be tough to pass up.

Eifert is the exact type of prospect that GM Jerry Reese is looking for. The athletic pass-catcher is a smart, humble and hard-working player, who will present plenty of matchup problems for opposing defenses
Another mock draft I read here from I'm assumeing is from the guy who made this website his mock draft has the giants selecting tyler eifert as well here's what he said * Brandon Myers was signed in free agency, but he's nothing spectacular. Eiffert has the skills to be a playmaker as a receiver and shows potential as a blocker. The team hasn't had a playmaker like Eiffert since Jeremy Shockey's prime.

It's always an option. I just don't think that Reese is ready to pull the plug on Robinson. Myers was signed to a one year deal to start. As for Myers not being anything spectacular, I'd disagree. Not saying he's an all pro but he'll work out just fine with the Giants.

Myers 79 receptions last year showed me he gets open. he was the most targeted player on their roster. IMO, he'll make a nice addition to the receiving core.

Just think we have more pressing needs than TE to deal with come draft day.
tonynygiants10

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: new york giants 2013 draft Reply with quote

ny92jefferis wrote:
tonynygiants10 wrote:

It's always an option. I just don't think that Reese is ready to pull the plug on Robinson. Myers was signed to a one year deal to start. As for Myers not being anything spectacular, I'd disagree. Not saying he's an all pro but he'll work out just fine with the Giants.

Myers 79 receptions last year showed me he gets open. he was the most targeted player on their roster. IMO, he'll make a nice addition to the receiving core.

Just think we have more pressing needs than TE to deal with come draft day.

Not a one year deal 4 year but they can cut him any time I really feel that eli and eifort would be better than eli and myers
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we didn't sign Brandon Myers then I'd consider it, just because we'd desperately need a starting TE for the upcoming season. But we did sign Myers, and I disagree with your opinion on him. Myers was a top 10 TE in the NFL last year, better than Bennett, on a bad raiders team. Not as good as Marty Bennett in pass protection, but better as an offensive weapon. With that position now filled, the Giants must address defense early in this draft by selecting their best player at pick 19. Most likely a DE, CB, or LB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: