Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Geno, anyone?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omar72587

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't like joeckel at number 1 overall. People say he is the safest pick but he is not an elite talent LT to be taken number one overall (not saying that he couldn't be).

Dion Jordan has a rare physique and skill set but how will that translate to the NFL?

Eric Fisher has alot of upside but will he ever reach that potential?

With Geno Smith, this guy has the tools to lead a team in terms of play ability. He can be really accurate and he can throw some balls that make you scratch your head. Although, I would personally have those balls thrown that make you scratch your head if he is going to have 46 tds to 6ints.

Lets face it. Alex Smith is not our Qb of the future. He will be our QB as long as he is playing well enough. To draft Geno and to have him sit for 2-3 years just to help him iron out his flaws could turn Geno into a deadly top prospect. The thing is people tend to draft number 1 overall based on what can you do for me now. This may be a unique time to draft a player and have him sit for the future to be dominate for years to come and not flop.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omar72587 wrote:

Lets face it. Alex Smith is not our Qb of the future. He will be our QB as long as he is playing well enough. To draft Geno and to have him sit for 2-3 years just to help him iron out his flaws could turn Geno into a deadly top prospect. The thing is people tend to draft number 1 overall based on what can you do for me now. This may be a unique time to draft a player and have him sit for the future to be dominate for years to come and not flop.

Alex Smith will be your future. Trust in him and Reid to win you over. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
omar72587 wrote:

Alex Smith will be your future. Trust in him and Reid to win you over. Wink

you really think alex smith will play for more than 4 years as our starting qb and be our future? I sure hope you are right.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joeckl has a better chance of being Elite at his position than I think Geno does...and I like Geno. I read an article a while back that talked about how they wished Joeckl had more of a mean streak, but then turned it and said this, and I can't quote it so I'll paraphrase.

In order to show a mean streak you have to be challenged, and college football was not challenging his ability.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharrif Floyd sure challenged Joeckel's ability.

Still didn't play with a mean streak. Laughing
omar72587

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Joeckl has a better chance of being Elite at his position than I think Geno does...and I like Geno. I read an article a while back that talked about how they wished Joeckl had more of a mean streak, but then turned it and said this, and I can't quote it so I'll paraphrase.

In order to show a mean streak you have to be challenged, and college football was not challenging his ability.

Talk is cheap, pads make money......

Joeckl is good and was definately challegend quite a bit in college. He got beat pretty bad at times especially across his face to say that college was not challenging.
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just not a Geno fan. It's a shame. I really wish he was all that and a bag of chips and we as fans and as an organization knew it and would take him #1 overall but he just isn't.

As it is now I don't see us drafting a QB now unless something crazy happens and someone they really like falls to 3rd or beyond. But this could be a good thing as maybe we will target a QB next year, in a much better QB class.
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt Geno makes it to #2. Either the Chiefs take him, or trade the pick to someone who will take him. If he does get to #2, he wont go further, based on what we know now.

J

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J, I think you might be right. I don't think we'll get grate value, but I think we'll still be able to trade down. Even if it means only adding a third round pick.

I've said this before, as bad as this class is being talked about, too many teams NEED a new QB. While talent wise it seems we could see the first QB free round since 1996 or whenver (depending on which scout you believe) But I could easily still see up to 3 QBs go in round one, I think it all depends on WHEN Geno goes.
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think in the end even with all the bashing we will see at like 3 qbs go 1st round
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Diesel, I could see something like this playing out.

Geno goes somewhere before Buffalo

Apparently Buffalo is getting higher and higher on Nassib, and could choose to take him at 8, or trade back into the late first but risk losing him.

Barkley could end up in AZ, or a number of other locations (I think he is the best trade back into the late first scenario Jax or a team like that)

I think EJ goes end of round one, probably a trade up from someone like Philly if they don't take Geno.

So really I wouldn't be shocked to see 4, but honestly I don't know that it'd really surprise me to see zero I just don't see it happening. If Geno ends up being there with what would have been our pick in round 2, the Smith trade becomes a much worse move in my mind.
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diesel2692 wrote:
I do think in the end even with all the bashing we will see at like 3 qbs go 1st round

I think we see 2 QB go in the top 10 picks, again. Buffalo taking Nassib at #8 is just one scenario. Do not discount QBs going #1 and #2.

J

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diesel2692 wrote:

I agree. Even if Nassib doesn't go in the top ten, I can see teams getting itchy at the end of R1 and trading in for the QB of their choice.
Mongo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
Diesel2692 wrote:

I think we see 2 QB go in the top 10 picks, again. Buffalo taking Nassib at #8 is just one scenario. Do not discount QBs going #1 and #2.

J

I can't imagine any scenario by which QBs go 1,2. None.

Love the the signature tho. Hali Berry. I can't believe I never put that together myself. Very clever.
Mongo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those clamoring for a trade down, like me, I think it is futile. If fans of prospective trade partners are to be believed, no team will trade up with KC, even at a discount. I polled the Eagles, Bills, Jets, and Cards with a simple “would your team trade up – yes/no” poll. I got zero yes votes on any of them.

There’s no way we trade with OAK. Why would JAX trade? CLE doesn’t have the ammo. DET has no need.

Of course, what do fans really know? That is, except for we Chiefs fans, of course.

I’m trying to remain optimistic, but deep down, I’m afraid the Chiefs are stuck. Left tackle it is.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: