You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders-Dolphins Draft trade question
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see something like

1. Desmond Trufant
2. Alex Okafor
2. Larry Warford
2. Sylvester Williams
2. Da'rick Rodgers
3. DJ Swearinger/Baccari Rambo

I'd e so happy. We pick up 5 potential starters

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're in a perfect spot to do what STL did last year. Trade back with Miami or San Diego for that LT. Then from there drop another 5 spots or so for somebody wanting to come up to get Tavon Austin.

S\O Palooka on the sig
G

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was the best offer, then yes...
HOWEVER I doubt it will be the best offer and I'd take your 1st next year and your two 2nds this year for our 3rd.
I'd rather trade with Zona at 7 for their 2nd (not enough value but it could happen) then trade down to 10-13 for a 3rd...
Dropping too far will need to have more value than just a few spots as others may want to trade up to 10 before SD picks.
I thought Martin would be your LT...Smokescreen for the player Miami really wants. Wink
ch8878

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

r8der14 wrote:
Quote:
The Palm Beach Post "keep(s) hearing" the Dolphins will target Oklahoma LT Lane Johnson with their first pick, but that landing him would require trading up.
With three top-54 picks and five in the first 82, Miami has more than enough ammo to make a move. The Fins have hinted at big draft plans, and we'd expect GM Jeff Ireland to aggressively explore trades. Johnson could go as high as No. 5 to the Lions, so Ireland would have to put together a serious package. Ireland seems to be GMing for his job this offseason, so anything is possible. Apr 2 - 10:09 PM

Not very likely, but imagine if Joeckel went #1 and Fisher went #2, our #3 pick would suddenly become extremely valuable

I remember not to long ago we all thought the Raiders wouldn't be able to trade, now so many teams need a LT.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

r8der14 wrote:
Dolphins trade up for a left tackle, give us 1.12, 2.42, and 2.54. Then at number 12 we trade down with the Niners who are targeting Austin and we get 1.31, 2.2, 2.29, and 5.24. leaving us with a first and four second round picks Applause Dancing Pray

I also wonder about the Rams with 2-1st's and a 2nd, and the Vikings with 2-1st's and a 2nd.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if MIA offers enough we do this deal before the draft that way they're insured 1 of the top LT's. In the off chance Joekal and Fisher go 1-2 they still get Johnson, if they play the waiting game anybody could come at us on draft day the price could be much higher.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
I think if MIA offers enough we do this deal before the draft that way they're insured 1 of the top LT's. In the off chance Joekal and Fisher go 1-2 they still get Johnson, if they play the waiting game anybody could come at us on draft day the price could be much higher.

Excellent point. There is no way Lane Johnson is taken before either of those two.

They need to sweeten that deal up with those two 2nd rounders or a 1st next year. Twisted Evil

Raider X hooked me with the sig
91jmay

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would actually take that deal, and try and get a 2014 3rd rounder to make up/improve upon for the pick we lose with Flynn.

Althought that 'no cap' comment is strictly for this season only. Next year we are:

agarcia34

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raiderfan19 wrote:
We're in a perfect spot to do what STL did last year. Trade back with Miami or San Diego for that LT. Then from there drop another 5 spots or so for somebody wanting to come up to get Tavon Austin.

That's a very good point. Raiders if played right can walk away with this draft with a lot of draft picks.
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Miami offered 1,2,3 for #3 overall I would do that in a second. Raiders would have 1,2,3,3,4,6,6,6,7... Yeah, I would take that and run.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawsonleery wrote:
If Miami offered 1,2,3 for #3 overall I would do that in a second. Raiders would have 1,2,3,3,4,6,6,6,7... Yeah, I would take that and run.

As would I. Great deal for them also as they still have another 2nd and 3rd.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawsonleery wrote:

That's closer to the real value for #3. Not quite there yet but closer.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Palm Beach Post "keep(s) hearing" the Dolphins will target Oklahoma LT Lane Johnson with their first pick, but that landing him would require trading up.
With three top-54 picks and five in the first 82, Miami has more than enough ammo to make a move. The Fins have hinted at big draft plans, and we'd expect GM Jeff Ireland to aggressively explore trades. Johnson could go as high as No. 5 to the Lions, so Ireland would have to put together a serious package. Ireland seems to be GMing for his job this offseason, so anything is possible. Apr 2 - 10:09 PM

Factors in play:

LT Albert: The Cardinals, Lions, Dolphins or Chargers will be in play as they MUST upgrade at LT.

Jacksonville: LT Eugene Monroe is young and arguably the best player on the roster. Fisher is not in play here unless the Jags draft Fisher and trade Monroe. This scenario would be feasible if the Jags didn't desperately need more players. Exchanging LTs does not accomplish this as trading Moore will not garner as much value as #2. Monroe will NOT flip to RT in a contract year. Trading down and then using those pieces to acquire OT Albert basically results in a push as well. In short trade partners will call Jacksonville's bluff.

Ireland: His job is in jeopardy. Similar to Holmgren, former GM of the Browns, not only will he want to trade up but he'll want to make a splash. Drafting arguably the most physically imposing OT in the draft in Fisher would accomplish that goal. If Detroit trades for former Chief OT Albert perhaps #5 could then be in play but more than likely the Dolphins would be looking at OT Lane Johnson who has far less sizzle and needs more development despite his tremendous upside.

Detroit: Long time veteran OT Backus retired. The Lions also lost RT Cherilus in FA. In addition, QB Stafford his durability issues. If you can't be good be exciting. The Lions MUST keep Stafford upright and could very well be trade partners with the Raiders as well depending on how aggressively other teams who need LTs are. However, the Lions will be reluctant to trade out of #5 as potentially Fisher or Lane Johnson will be available. I have the Lions as a potential destination for OT Albert in which case #5 could become available.

Arizona: The Cardinals have found their premiere WR, Fitzgerald, a big arm albeit in statuesque Palmer who must be protected by an OL that has been hemorrhaging at LT for years.

The new CBA: per the rules of the new CBA there will always be opportunities to move up and down the draft. The Dolphins have been major players in FA. Because of the salary floor the Dolphins are forced to spend however, draft picks lower payroll. In addition, with a cornucopia of draft picks the Dolphins would be drafting good players that potentially would not have a great impact on the talent level. The Dolphins don't need more prospects as much as they need transcendent talent.

Dolphin fans: You need a LT. The LTs available are Joeckell, Fisher, Lane Johnson and Albert. The teams needing LTs are Bolts, Chiefs, Dolphins, Lions & Cardinals. Obviously, come April 26 someone will be left wanting. Remember that you are attempting to replace Jake Long. If you want the most physically imposing OT in the draft then you MUST pay. Please spare RaiderNation the embarrassment of shopping for a Lamborghini on a Volkswagen budget. Being petty is insulting to both parties.

I know that there are some that feel that the NFL trade value chart no longer applies. Imo, here are some options getting from #12 to #3:

1.3 = 2,200 pts
1.12 + 2.11 + 2.24 = 2010 pts
1.12 + 2.11 + 3.15 + 3.20 = 2035 pts
1.12 + 2.24 + 3.15 + 3.20 = 1905 pts

All of these indicate less than expected value. Any one of these options and the Dolphins are already on the + side of this trade. Remember this is a weak draft class and there are very few transcendent talents.

RaiderNation: One of the sayings I teach my kids "It's very expensive to be poor". What that means is that underprivileged people are often overcharged and underserviced for necessities. After a decade of losing many of us have adopted the mentality of a loser believing that no one will ever "allow" us to receive fair value for assets. My suggestion is to let McKenzie do his work and he will get very close and if not McKenzie will draft the player he is most comfortable with at #3. The real threat is not an absence of trading partners but the Raiders falling in love with a player at #3.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
I remember not to long ago we all thought the Raiders wouldn't be able to trade, now so many teams need a LT.

Not true. Some of us have been saying there would be trading partners for a LONG time. If Miami doesn't want to pay perhaps both Detroit and Cardinal move up to block Miami or the Chargers thereby giving the Raiders multiple opportunities to trade down and resulting nearly the same compensation Miami could generate. When Albert is formally traded things will be a lot clearer.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Chali21

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear Dallas might be a landing place for Albert. If this is true it's very good for us.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: