Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

and then they were 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marnz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: and then they were 3 Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/259143/football-headlines?r=1

Looks like chiefs narrowed it down to.
1 luke joeckel
2 eric fisher
3 dion jordan

Who do u think it ends up being
chiefs82

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: and then they were 3 Reply with quote

marnz wrote:

1 luke joeckel
2 eric fisher
3 dion jordan

Ziggy. I think when everyone but Clark went to see Jordans pro day there was legitimate interest. Kids versatile, fast, and athletic. Perhaps Tambas heir apparent? I still would go either Ziggy/Fisher over Joeckel /Jordan but hey.

EDIT: Just saw the source was Russ Lande Laughing guy is trash IMO

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:28/Sacks:10/FF:1/FR:0
marnz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: and then they were 3 Reply with quote

chiefs82 wrote:
marnz wrote:

1 luke joeckel
2 eric fisher
3 dion jordan

Ziggy. I think when everyone but Clark went to see Jordans pro day there was legitimate interest. Kids versatile, fast, and athletic. Perhaps Tambas heir apparent? I still would go either Ziggy/Fisher over Joeckel /Jordan but hey.

intresting im the exact opposite

i like joeckel because he is a technician it would be very hard to beat an OL like that not to mention he has a ridiclous work ethic and is proven playing big 12 and SEC compeition

i like fisher but i think he will need a little work and is more of a ?
both are capable of being all pro LT but joeckel has a higher floor so i would go with him

can jordan play the SILB spot? would be intresting if he is out there i know sutton likes to blitz and he is great in coverage and can rush the passer otherwise picking jordan as rotational guy does not seem like the best move when we could get a decent OLB pass rusher in 3rd round if we need to
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't get the Jordan pick...If we take him He's rotational at best. And for him to be on the field, either Tamba or Houston is off, unless their considering cutting Tamba.
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's roto. I'll wait until someone more reputable reports it before I start believing it.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
bpinsky33

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
It's roto. I'll wait until someone more reputable reports it before I start believing it.

This is pure speculation. I don't know if anyone on this board watches the European version of this game, but the reporters there are terrible for doing stuff like this. If it isn't coming from Glazer, ESPN or the NFL network I'm guessing that the report is inaccurate. Not that someone can't "break" it first, but one of the other guys will confirm it.
EB29

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: and then they were 3 Reply with quote

marnz wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:
marnz wrote:

1 luke joeckel
2 eric fisher
3 dion jordan

i like joeckel because he is a technician it would be very hard to beat an OL like that not to mention he has a ridiclous work ethic and is proven playing big 12 and SEC compeition

both are capable of being all pro LT but joeckel has a higher floor so i would go with him

can jordan play the SILB spot? would be intresting if he is out there i know sutton likes to blitz and he is great in coverage and can rush the passer otherwise picking jordan as rotational guy does not seem like the best move when we could get a decent OLB pass rusher in 3rd round if we need to

This is what I was wondering too. Seems like he could move between SILB and OLB and give us a really versatile pass rush. I really dont know much about him though would it be a miss use of him in that position?

JTagg7754 with the Dope Sig ^^

Jon Gruden wrote:
Great Snatch catch ability there by Nicks
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the hardest thing for me to believe, is that Dorsey would come out on Monday and say we're down to the final four, only for it to leak on Tuesday that we're down to three.

As many have said, I think this is guessing and speculation, the most interesting part is, the odds are against us knowing the final four, the tremendous triad or anything like that. Since we don't necessarily have to "negotiate" all the details of a monster contract, I'm not sure we'll hear about, "Kansas City is working on a contract with these 2 people....etc"
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing Roto got it from the National Football Post...which I can't link because of where I got it. But it says the same thing. I guess if those are our three, I really hope it's Fisher or Joeckl.
chiefs82

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: and then they were 3 Reply with quote

EB29 wrote:
marnz wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:
marnz wrote:

1 luke joeckel
2 eric fisher
3 dion jordan

This is what I was wondering too. Seems like he could move between SILB and OLB and give us a really versatile pass rush. I really dont know much about him though would it be a miss use of him in that position?

I was hearing someone who had interviewed Jordan @ the combine and Jordan said he wanted to just rush the passer as an OLB in a 3-4 defense.

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:28/Sacks:10/FF:1/FR:0
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are essentially talking about using Jordan how Von Miller has been used in Denver, off the LOS on base downs, edge rushing on passing downs.

The difference is Miller plays in a 4-3, that is a little easier for him to drop down to the edge. Try doing that in a 3-4 and now you're making an edge rusher an interior guy, as well as leaving only one ILB off the LOS.

Now if we're going to use more hybrid 4-3 looks, it make a little more sense, but as it stands, Jordan would be more of a rotational player for us already at a position of strength.

And while we are talking about using him like Miller, he is far from the prospect Miller was. He never had the production Von did, and no where near the experience.

^ryknowssd on the sig
simonwayne

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's just a rumor, or from a source that isn't reputable but I believe those are our final 3 right now and the only 3 we will take. Joeckel is probably the favorite.
marnz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
I think the hardest thing for me to believe, is that Dorsey would come out on Monday and say we're down to the final four, only for it to leak on Tuesday that we're down to three.

As many have said, I think this is guessing and speculation, the most interesting part is, the odds are against us knowing the final four, the tremendous triad or anything like that. Since we don't necessarily have to "negotiate" all the details of a monster contract, I'm not sure we'll hear about, "Kansas City is working on a contract with these 2 people....etc"

Well it was 4 before the meeting with geno now its 3 a day after thr meeting so I thjnk its pretty reasonableb
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all speculation at this point anyone who halfway follows football could put those names down for the pick. Nothing has changed from day one joeckl has been the favorite for the pick and I believe he still is.
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dion Jordan can play SILB. I'm convinced. People say he'd be a great SOLB in a 4-3, not horribly different in an agrressive scheme

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: